Firstly GIVES Israel moeny?
You mean Loans, anr Loan Guarantees, and PERSONAL donations by american citizens and corperations. Why it most certainly does. And yes A SMALL amount is "Given" to us according to your word choice. Think of it this way Egypt $120m Israel $190m Palestine $100m (Wheres that going?) (BUT Egypt in most cases dosnt need to pay back their loans and dosnt have billions in private "Aid') ...This sounds Familiar..perhaps you should have READ (Im trusting you know for A B C's and that you have the attention span of a grown up to read half a page or two of solid fact and numbers if you feel up to making snide comments about something you must know all about) my post in another thread to I think but am not sure in reply to another foolish remark about US-Israeli aid. Short memory perhaps. And Im pretty sure one of those links I provided had a list of why Israel is an important friend making such aid "Worth" it.
But *sigh* you dont listen and make me take up half a page of posting pure fact in a hope that your brain may oneday defrost. Here go's dont say you wernt warned.
So again a list of things that people more important, knowledgeable and in a position to make such decisions (Many times democrats) have taken into consideration of making a friend of Israel. And the US never does anyting it dosnt gain from.
* Israel is the ONLY democracy in the entire middle east which works and is actualy stable and democratic. Thats a reason worth its weight in gold.
*Israel has many companies on the USSX's and visa versa, entailing this alot of forein investment. Alot of dollars to be made for Americans.Israels GDP and GNP are larger than all of the countries surrounding Israel put together. Thats puts bck into the US Economy.
*The "Jewish vote". Mostly democrats but a 5 million strong MINORITY which is to be appeased democrat and republican alike. No this isnt some plot for conspiracy theorists, look at how much the Jews in the US have done for its economy which you wallow in. Our friendship gives back to that minority with ease, keeping them happy. Do you know how much aid we give back to those very comunityies which help us? Do you know of the programmes etc? Oh but to be an American you must be xtian and white eh?
*Israel is a military power and economic in the region and here to stay. Bluntly why invest all your eggs into the worlds greatest sand pit which is about to run dry of oil its back bone. When Israels economy is no way oilish and very stable and solid.http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/middleeast/Saudi_Arabia_Loyal_Ally_or_Unscrupulous_Adversary$ .asp
*Israeli tech and research which much of your aid funds..Oh do you REALLY want me to list the Israeli things given to the modern world? Next time you have heart surgery you will be connected to an Israeli machine and perhaps now online you are using ICQ/ MSN/ other instant messaging tools..Yes they are Israeli tech. Haha you prob use them to slag us off on..oh ignorance sure must be bliss eh?!
*1981 Iraq. If we didnt do it, perhaps NYC would now be a nuclear waste land. Oh but who cares about that right? Thats an easy fact to ignore seeming im living a life of comfort and invincibility and have never been struck personaly by such things? Thats putting our neck on the line for you, actively not diplomaticly. Didnt yo momma ever teach you to say thank you???? Now what do you say...
*Israel is America's most trusted and reliable ally in the Middle East, the only state in the Middle East that publicly declares support for the U.S. -- despite the fact that Israel may have bore the brunt of Saddam's weapons when an American offensive begins. (Aish!)
*Israel is on the frontline in the battle against Islamic terrorists, and provides the U.S. with key intelligence information and frontline military operations. As opinionjournal.com notes: "In 1981 Israel destroyed Iraq's Osirak reactor, setting back Saddam Hussein's quest for nuclear weapons. How much money and how many lives did this end up saving America?"(Aish!)
*The first U.S. President to supply large-scale military aid to Israel was Richard Nixon in 1970, in order to balance against the radical Arab states being financed by the Soviet Union. The U.S.-Israel partnership served its purpose by forcing such East Bloc clients as Egypt's Anwar Sadat to break from the Soviet fold. Having Israel do the dirty work in one of the world's most dangerous regions has, financially for the U.S., been a bargain. (Aish!)
*Israel partners with the U.S. in technological development, medical research, agricultural innovations, and a wide range of cultural exchanges. In addition, many Israeli-developed technologies serve as integral components of the U.S. military arsenal (Aish!)
*For in deep contrast to other Mideast recipients of U.S. foreign aid, figures show that in the United Nations, Israel votes with the United States 94% of the time.
* At this time ironic amid a current consipacy theory, but sharing of Intel.We second to the US have the seconnd best intel system in the world. No not PC's.
*Israeli anti terror research (Lets face it we are pros at it by now) is keeping your statisticly incresingly obsese lathargic ass's safe from being blown to bits.
* We share the same values of Freedom. We were both built of oppressed people. We get along fine on our "constitutions". Mutual interests you see?
* A shared enemy is a common enemy. We will fight them together. SOunds mutual to me?
* Between 60-70% of Americans support Israel. and more rather than less so after September 11http://www.aish.com/jewishissues/middleeast/Why_Support_Israel$.asp About 80% Of Israelis support America.
* Israel is a secular country. Rare in the ME. Thus the US can expect and gets a fair chance.
*Most Aericans have a strong preference for free societies over tyrannies and understand that the real underdog in the Middle East is the tiny state of Israel struggling to survive in a sea of medieval hate. This means for their support they get ours in return and to them its not us who s top blame for giving troubles.
*Reagan was instrumental in the enhancement of the U.S.-Israel Strategic Cooperation Agreement, which resulted in the establishment of the Joint Political-Military Group [JPMG], a Pentagon program which oversees joint intelligence and military ventures between both nations.
*The signing of an American-Israel free trade agreement, which allowed Israeli companies to compete equally with European companies. Since 1985, trade between the two countries has increased 400 percent and topped $20 billion last year (Israel is the United States' 21st largest trading partner). This agreement served as a model for other, similar agreements, including the North America Free Trade Agreement between the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
*Together, we can assure that Sadam's in the middle east, such vile Tyranies dont happen again (Ironic as the US put him there but there is hope) and make sure the power shift does not change under rising Islamic Extremism.
* Israel was a pivotal ally in the cold war. It could be said we helped you win. Comrade.
*In 1998, Israel offered to voluntarily reduce its dependence on U.S. economic aid
. According to an agreement reached with the Clinton Administration and Congress, the $1.2 billion economic aid package will be reduced by $120 million each year so that it will be phased out in ten years
Israels situation at the moment is one where it gets the halp it needs from its old pal. But even so, look at what we have done for you and the world with "your money". Now, you, make me a list for what Jordan, Palestine, Syria, Egypt, Saudi, Iraq have done for you and the world and "making troubles". You spend milions and billions on them and dont complain. You wana list of the problems they have caused you to pro-and-con? Saudi=oil dollars but now thats drying up. saudi was military strategy, now thats gone. And saudi gave you Osama and Wahabbism. While you gave Saudi Billions. You wana talk M.E. Friendships, you should go to university, or open your eyes, or come here. Its your arab "friends" who are giving you Jihad. Not us.
Whos your better friend here eh? You dont wana make friends in This sand pit, stay out altogether. Your double standards are completely deficit of any reason. You take our money, this regions oil and personaly gain from it since the day your were born and dont wana be friends? Is that imperialism you want or what?
Excuse all the Aishness of this but the articles raise valid and proven fact. Other sources BBC and other newsites around the world plus official governmental departments.
Oh and PS: Heres some more of the "trouble" israel causes this world and a glimpse at how bad we have it, why? Beacuse we work for it.
(Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can lay claim to the following
1. The cell phone was developed in Israel by Israelis working in the Israeli branch of Motorola, which has its largest development center in Israel.
2. Most of the Windows NT and XP operating systems were developed by Microsoft-Israel.
3. The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.
4. Both the Pentium-4 microprocessor and the Centrino processor were entirely designed, developed and produced in Israel. In fact, the Pentium microprocessor in your computer was most likely made in Israel.
6. Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.
7. Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.
8. The technology for the AOL Instant Messenger ICQ was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
9. Israel has the fourth largest air force in the world (after the U.S., Russia and China). In addition to a large variety of other aircraft, Israel's air force has an arsenal of over 250 F-16's. This is the largest fleet of F-16 aircraft outside of the US.
10. Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.
11. Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
12. Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin - 109 per 10,000 people -- as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.
13. In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies, mostly in hi-tech).
14. With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world -- apart from the Silicon Valley, US.
15. Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.
16. Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of NASDAQ listed companies.
17. Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.
18. On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.
19. Twenty-four per cent of Israel's workforce holds university degrees -- ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland - and 12 per cent hold advanced degrees.
20. Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
21. In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia, to safety in Israel.
22. When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world's second elected female leader in modern times.
23. When the U. S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day -- and saved three victims from the rubble.
24. Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship -- and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 in the world.
25. Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and economic opportunity.
26. Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an international standard that certifies diamonds as "conflict free."
27. Israel has the world's second highest per capita of new books.
28. Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was achieved in an area considered mainly desert.
29. Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.
30. Medicine... Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
31. An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
32. Israel's Given Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside, the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.
33. Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
34. Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as well.
35. A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device, produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct -- all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.
36. An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern California's Mojave Desert.
37: Israel is has a massive programe in the developing world of Tikum Olam run through Moshav, helping comunities develop and sustain themselves. Sending doctors to heal and mine sweepers to clear.
38: Within hours of the Tsunami hitting Sri Lanka Israel dispatched jets full of Aid and professional workers to help. And in Thailand its expert foresnsic teams to identify the dead.
39: Anna Smashanova.
40: Numerous Nobel prize winners and amongst the highest number in the world for Peace and Science.
41: Israeli rescue teams have been sent to Argentina, Turkey and even offered Iran. Wherever there is trouble we are there to help.
42: 99.5% of US Congress commends Israeli Democracy.
Damn us for spending "your money" so badly eh? And we are ungreatful?http://www.middle-east-info.org/gateway/supportisrael/
. . . . . All the above while engaged in regular wars with an implacable enemy that seeks its destruction, and an economy continuously under strain by having to spend more per capita on its own protection than any other country on earth. Pretty good and in some thanks to your "aid" you complain so much about.
So remind me one last time what are all the troubles ISRAEL gives YOU
? Where is your
money going wrong?