Edwards DESTROYING Cheney in post-debate polling - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,722
                     
Edwards DESTROYING Cheney in post-debate polling

-----------------------
MSNBC - 637846 responses
-----------------------
68% Edwards
32% Cheney

Can I get a holy SHIT!

-----------------------
CNN.com - 196271 votes
-----------------------
78% Edwards
18% Cheney
04% Even


-----------------------
FoxNews.com - 134,393 total votes
-----------------------
52% Edwards
47% Cheney


-----------------------
cbsnews.com
-----------------------
79.44% Edwards
18.88% Cheney
01.68% Even

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.

Last edited by Volcana; Oct 6th, 2004 at 05:45 AM.
Volcana is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
dont forget CBS news:

Who won the vice presidential debate?

Dick Cheney:
18.88%
John Edwards:
79.44%
Neither man. It was a draw:
1.68%

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:47 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,722
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchlight
dont forget CBS news:

Who won the vice presidential debate?

Dick Cheney:
18.88%
John Edwards:
79.44%
Neither man. It was a draw:
1.68%
Thanks for the tip. As for SlazengerUser, you could put those quotes in your sig, so everyone can see them. With date and author. I've found that quite effective in shutting up people with more mouth than brains.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeleno Benesovo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iveta's Heart
Posts: 959
 
Seems that the republican ship is sinking
The more debates the best for democrats...

BTW I heard that Michael Moore wants to broadcast from coast to coast "Fahrenheit 9/11" the day before the elections... that could be the last nail in the republican coffin

¡Viva Iveta Benešová!


Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis

Jeleno Benesovo is offline  
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
Seems that the republican ship is sinking
The more debates the best for democrats...

BTW I heard that Michael Moore wants to broadcast from coast to coast "Fahrenheit 9/11" the day before the elections... that could be the last nail in the republican coffin
as one of themost liberal persons on this board, i STRONGLY believe that would be a bad idea, for the simple fact that unlike "bowling for columbine" this movie sucks and presents nothing a semi informed viewer does not by now know already.

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeleno Benesovo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iveta's Heart
Posts: 959
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchlight
as one of themost liberal persons on this board, i STRONGLY believe that would be a bad idea, for the simple fact that unlike "bowling for columbine" this movie sucks and presents nothing a semi informed viewer does not by now know already.
sux in which sense? I've seen it and IMHO it's a good documentary (not as good as "bowling for columbine" though), and the ppl at Cannes thought the same, for some reason it won la "Palme d'Or" (which it's a "real" award unlike others....)

I don't think it will be a bad idea, or will the documentary push the ppl to vote for Bush after they see it? ... I REALLY doubt it

¡Viva Iveta Benešová!


Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis

Jeleno Benesovo is offline  
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,722
                     
SlazengerUser will try to bait you into a stupid arguement about this words. Ignore it. The quotes speak for themselves. Don't respond to any threads about it. Let the posting of YOUR words in HIS sig be a response.

ONthe debate, I'm AMAZED at the poll numbers. Every now and then, the American people show me they aren't as stupid as they act 99% of the time. Edwards had it on substance, but Satan's personal attacks were devastating.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Circe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Entertaining The Leopard
Posts: 642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
SlazengerUser will try to bait you into a stupid arguement about this words. Ignore it. The quotes speak for themselves. Don't respond to any threads about it. Let the posting of YOUR words in HIS sig be a response.

ONthe debate, I'm AMAZED at the poll numbers. Every now and then, the American people show me they aren't as stupid as they act 99% of the time. Edwards had it on substance, but Satan's personal attacks were devastating.
i hate to point it out, but slazengerusers second quote appears to be quoted out of context, unless of course youre saying indians SHOULD live in a hellhole.

also i think overbroadcasting of "Fahrenheit 911" is more likely to result in a negative reaction causing more people to vote for Herr Bush than otherwise.



And then she was back, that goddess-like creature, back to torment the souls of the good and distribute free samples of bacon to the bad.

Circe's Choice Cuts:
(Providing the world with quality pork since 1832 B.C.)
Bird Flu on the horizon! Pork is now the meat of choice!! Get your CCC Pork before we are forced to raise the prices!!!

Circe is offline  
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeleno Benesovo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iveta's Heart
Posts: 959
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circe

also i think overbroadcasting of "Fahrenheit 911" is more likely to result in a negative reaction causing more people to vote for Herr Bush than otherwise.
I don't see any reason why this would happen.... "Inverse psychology" or sth?

¡Viva Iveta Benešová!


Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis

Jeleno Benesovo is offline  
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcana
SlazengerUser will try to bait you into a stupid arguement about this words. Ignore it. The quotes speak for themselves. Don't respond to any threads about it. Let the posting of YOUR words in HIS sig be a response.

ONthe debate, I'm AMAZED at the poll numbers. Every now and then, the American people show me they aren't as stupid as they act 99% of the time. Edwards had it on substance, but Satan's personal attacks were devastating.
thank you for the advise and i will take it to heart.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
sux in which sense? I've seen it and IMHO it's a good documentary (not as good as "bowling for columbine" though), and the ppl at Cannes thought the same, for some reason it won la "Palme d'Or" (which it's a "real" award unlike others....)

I don't think it will be a bad idea, or will the documentary push the ppl to vote for Bush after they see it? ... I REALLY doubt it
why i think it sucks a late night rant:

1-it's really propaganda.
propaganda i mean:

1- The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
2- Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.

that is to say, it sproduced with the desired effect (hate bush) at the front sothat it over shadows the facts. which is really stupid because there are plentyof facts and good reasons to hate bush then to make fun of his golf habit. ok, he golfed forthe first nine months of his time in the office, what else.

2-thisgoes backto the end of the first point.
moore focuses too much on tidbits and leaves out very key facts like the 42$ million that the usa gave al qaeda in may of 2001. even though there was a warning that al qeada was planning an attack on us soil.

3-as adocumentary it sucks.
there is a less documenting and alot more hate bush voice over. an honest look at the word honest shows that really, the documentary sucks, in terms of art and video.

"racism is dead, it died when MLK walked on a bridge and freed the slaves. Now we have a socialist Kenyan president who is not an American and if anyone mentions race they are a reverse racist (while racism is dead, reverse racism is alive and well.) #whattheyteachyouatfox"
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Jeleno Benesovo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Iveta's Heart
Posts: 959
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Searchlight
why i think it sucks a late night rant:

1-it's really propaganda.
propaganda i mean:
.
I see, you don't like the documentary basically by its political content... Well I Have seen this kind of reactions in many US citizens ("anti" and "pro" Bush) but not in foreigners who have seen the film... For most of us (foreigners) it's not just "propaganda" but really a good documentary. I guess that I have to be behind the eyes of some US citizen to understand you... But I won't even try to do it


and about the documentary suckin in terms of art let me tell you that most of the directors, artists, thinkers around the world doesn't thinks like you... Is very arguable your point about fahrenheit 9/11 being a bad movie... But I am not gonna argue about it because:

1. I don't care to argue about art when nobody has the truth on what is really art or not
2. For me it's a very good product in terms of art, and I know a bit about it.
3. I think the debate about the artistic quality of the documentary will rapidly turn into a politcal debate about its content... and I am not willing to do that since I am tired and makes no sense to me start that discussion.
4. I hope Michael Moore could broadcast it the day before the elections as I expect he wins the Oscar again... just to see how will be the reaction from the organizers towards his speech or if they would let him to say sth at all.

PS: I wanna add: I remember many ppl labeling "Bowling for Columbine" as propaganda "anti-right to use guns" (some sacred issue for many ppl). Many US citizens even called Moore an "unpatriotic bastard" (I remember pretty clearly some of those comments). Seems that Mr. Moore is better treated and understood outside his own country than in his country... But that is not new, the Bible says: "nobody is a prophet in his own land"

PS2: We are off track, so... adieu!

¡Viva Iveta Benešová!


Jelena Dokic

Martina Hingis


Last edited by Jeleno Benesovo; Oct 6th, 2004 at 07:46 AM.
Jeleno Benesovo is offline  
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: sydney
Posts: 6,145
                     
HOORAY!!! So happy to see this thread...
Philbo is offline  
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Senior Member
 
rand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 5,966
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeleno Benesovo
sux in which sense? I've seen it and IMHO it's a good documentary (not as good as "bowling for columbine" though), and the ppl at Cannes thought the same, for some reason it won la "Palme d'Or" (which it's a "real" award unlike others....)

I don't think it will be a bad idea, or will the documentary push the ppl to vote for Bush after they see it? ... I REALLY doubt it
Moore's movies ARE NOT DOCUMENTARIES people...
(anyway that's the argument himself uses to justify the lies he puts in them....and yes I'm from the leftside...)

They're coming to get you Barbara!
rand is offline  
post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
esquímaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: 釜を掘&
Posts: 15,244
                     
Kerry

"誰も私を止める停が出来なかったか"
- Jinpachi Mishima
- Jedah Douma
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline  
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old Oct 6th, 2004, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 24,722
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rand
(anyway that's the argument himself uses to justify the lies he puts in them....and yes I'm from the leftside...)
Moore's films are certainly not without opinion, however, it's been pretty well established that there aren't any lies in F911. There are a lot of things people didn't like, or felt he didn't present the other side of the arguement. But the things in the movie are all in and of themselves, literally true.

Youalso have to seperate 'Roger and Me', and 'Bowling for Columbine' which he DID describe as documentaries, from 'Fahrenheit 9/11' which he called 'an opinion piece'.

Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Volcana is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome