Would you think your life is wasted if not married ever? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
-Ph51-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Migrating!
Posts: 10,779
                     
Would you think your life is wasted if not married ever?


L'important, c'est la rose...
-Ph51- is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Senior Member
 
"Sluggy"'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6,784
                     
No. I dont think I would feel i wasted my life had i never married. But I do think my life would have been a lot more difficult without my spouse. Having kids does bring a lot of meaning in my life. But I figure you can do so many things to bring meaning in life without having kids.
"Sluggy" is offline  
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:36 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,157
                     
Nope. I can tell you unequivocally that I will never marry. However, my life may be wasted... just not because of that. I guess I don't see life sucesses in terms of spouse and/or kids. I see it in the happiness you bring everyone that knows you. If I've ever made one person love or laugh once than it's worth it.
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Senior Member
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Martinaland
Posts: 10,890
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenaeum
Nope. I can tell you unequivocally that I will never marry. However, my life may be wasted... just not because of that. I guess I don't see life sucesses in terms of spouse and/or kids. I see it in the happiness you bring everyone that knows you. If I've ever made one person love or laugh once than it's worth it.
Exactly.

Martina Hingis



.
Vincent is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
controlfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Luxembourg
Posts: 5,858
                     
What about if you find the cure for cancer, but never get married. Have you wasted your life?
What about if you meet an amazing person and spend the rest of your life with them in exquisite happiness, yet never actually marry them?
Or what if you are simply happy all of your life, without ever marrying or having a relationship of any kind with any other human?

To me, marriage is completely insignificant in the "grand scheme of things".
controlfreak is offline  
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,278
 
No way.
Kart is offline  
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: sailing my ship
Posts: 3,626
                     
I'm 32 years old and at this stage of my life, I don't see myself ever getting married. Would I like too? I thought I did. I've gone out on dates. Put up ads on the internet. Asked friends to set me up. And you know what I found? That I would rather be on my own and live my life as independently as possible. It is not because I didn't meet some wonderful men. It is because marriage or even the mere idea of marriage sets up two things: limitations and expectations. Limitations in personal freedom are a consequence of marriage because of the compromises a person must make to marry. Expectations become too high in such an intimate relationship. I see myself adopting children, but marriage is no longer an expectation anymore.

Of course, I could meet the perfect person tomorrow, but I don't think I would marry him.
apoet29 is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 03:58 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,157
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by apoet29
I'm 32 years old and at this stage of my life, I don't see myself ever getting married. Would I like too? I thought I did. I've gone out on dates. Put up ads on the internet. Asked friends to set me up. And you know what I found? That I would rather be on my own and live my life as independently as possible. It is not because I didn't meet some wonderful men. It is because marriage or even the mere idea of marriage sets up two things: limitations and expectations. Limitations in personal freedom are a consequence of marriage because of the compromises a person must make to marry. Expectations become too high in such an intimate relationship. I see myself adopting children, but marriage is no longer an expectation anymore.

Of course, I could meet the perfect person tomorrow, but I don't think I would marry him.
Awww, great post! I feel nearly the same as you. It's so much easier to be independent!
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Senior Member
 
DemWilliamsGulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 4,839
                     
Hell knaw..if anything..you can waste more of your if you ARE married.....Marriage in a way put restrictions on you. Its not just all about you in a marriage its US (Husband, Wife, Kids etc.) I love being a bachelor..and I will be one all my life

Venus and Serena ....Often imitated NEVER duplicated!!!!!!!
DemWilliamsGulls is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Cariaoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hustler University
Posts: 21,802
                     
One is not defined by a ring on a finger.

Williams x2 Clijsters Golovin Ivanovic Li Jackson
Federer Blake Fish Roddick Grosjean Bryans x2

"I believe in being polite, you know. In life, the elevator goes both ways, up and down."
-- Roger Federer

like my av? want one like it?
Cariaoke is offline  
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:14 PM
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus
 
The Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 33,192
                     
I always thought one's life was over at the moment of mariage

If only I was sure that my head on the door was a dream
The Crow is offline  
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:15 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,157
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkstarr
One is not defined by a ring on a finger.
But one does love a little bling bling every now and again.
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 14,047
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crow
I always thought one's life was over at the moment of mariage
Avid Merrion is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
-Ph51-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Migrating!
Posts: 10,779
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokkstarr
One is not defined by a ring on a finger.
Easy answer

L'important, c'est la rose...
-Ph51- is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Senior Member
 
lizchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Bergen County
Posts: 20,943
                     
Exclamation

I do.


To me, there is nothing better than being a spouse and a parent.
lizchris is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome