learn to knit - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2004, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
learn to knit

i was wondering fi anyone knows any good websites, that cah teach one to knit with lots of pics and maybe a few movies.?
Wigglytuff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 28th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,921
                     
sorry I know how to knit a little bit but don't know how to make anything...

I can recommend a book but I'll look if I see a good website.
Rocketta is offline  
post #3 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Veelieve!!!
 
Infiniti2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 28,340
 
I can knit already, been doing making a scarf forever you may find some sites if you do a google search, but not sure about pics. Your best bet is to go into one of the craft shops like Micheals to buy a book Dear


Love Trumps Hate
Infiniti2001 is offline  
post #4 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti2001
I can knit already, been doing making a scarf forever you may find some sites if you do a google search, but not sure about pics. Your best bet is to go into one of the craft shops like Micheals to buy a book Dear

i know but me = cheap
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #5 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:20 AM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
It would be good if someone can teach me how to cook while we're at it. I made experimental dinner and nobody ate any. Not even me.
CC is offline  
post #6 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
wow!, i didnt really know how to cook either, i remember in 2000, whenever i TRIED to make pasta it would be GREEN!! ewww. but i think once you get some kind understanding person to work wiht you and teach you how its done! and then its really easy.
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #7 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Vincent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Martinaland
Posts: 10,890
                     
I do know how to cook. Come and find me whenever you want.
My mother is GREAT at knitting, come and find her too.

Martina Hingis



.
Vincent is offline  
post #8 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 04:41 PM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by commedore64
wow!, i didnt really know how to cook either, i remember in 2000, whenever i TRIED to make pasta it would be GREEN!! ewww. but i think once you get some kind understanding person to work wiht you and teach you how its done! and then its really easy.
So you haven't cooked since 2000?

I can cook simple everyday stuff, but once I try to get creative or off the beaten path it all goes terribly wrong. I often try to save a dish by adding more stuff. Like I'll say, "It's not going so good. I think I will add some yellow pepper. Hmm. Maybe some Ketchup. Or some corn. That should help."

But it never does.
CC is offline  
post #9 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Enjoying married life.
 
Wigglytuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: lolcat
Posts: 19,642
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
So you haven't cooked since 2000?

I can cook simple everyday stuff, but once I try to get creative or off the beaten path it all goes terribly wrong. I often try to save a dish by adding more stuff. Like I'll say, "It's not going so good. I think I will add some yellow pepper. Hmm. Maybe some Ketchup. Or some corn. That should help."

But it never does.
LOL
yellow pepper, ketchup, corn????????

NO WONDER!!!
i have cooked since 2000 just not pasta.
Wigglytuff is offline  
post #10 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 04:52 PM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by commedore64
LOL
yellow pepper, ketchup, corn????????

NO WONDER!!!
i have cooked since 2000 just not pasta.
Stop laughing.

My mistake with pasta is that I always make too much. It's just very deceptive, especially Capellini which is really fine and doesn't look like a lot. So I empty the whole box into the pot and it turns out to be really overwhelming.

Then usually I just run and hide.
CC is offline  
post #11 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 05:05 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Below the stars.
Posts: 6,695
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC
It would be good if someone can teach me how to cook while we're at it. I made experimental dinner and nobody ate any. Not even me.
...I hope you're not cheap too... http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...940003-4949460
Martian Willow is offline  
post #12 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 06:56 PM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
Please, cooking is not that important. Maybe I'll invest more time when I am married.
CC is offline  
post #13 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 07:00 PM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
I didn't know handkerchiefs etc. were termed "outfits."
CC is offline  
post #14 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 07:06 PM
country flag CC
Senior Member
 
CC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Still Point
Posts: 8,726
                     
Whew, I feel relieved. Little things.
CC is offline  
post #15 of 62 (permalink) Old Apr 29th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
 
Rocketta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 35,921
                     
Hey DD, long time no see!
Rocketta is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome