Remember, every choice, whether good or bad, can be deadly...
Suicide Portoroz 2008
2008 Final: bhebhe (POL) d. jonny84 (GBR)
2007 Final: HenryMag (POR) d. Chris 84(IRL)
2006 Final: Smokovec (ITA) def. Gavnich77(GBR)
1. Each day of play, you must pick 1
winner playing a WTA main draw singles match
. (READ: DO NOT PICK A MATCH FROM THE QUALIFYING DRAW!). Of course, the player that you choose, is playing one match scheduled to be played that day (as seen on the order of play).
2. Once you pick someone, you cannot choose them again for the rest of the tournament. So, you don't want to waste a pick on any clay court queen in the early rounds. Conversely, you don't want to make a pick at all on Nicole Vaidisova. Has-beens are not hot.
3. You must choose one player to win each
day. If you forget, are sick, or are unable to reach a computer, it will be treated as a wrong pick, and you will be out of the tournament. As well, your pick must be chosen before the pick's match has commenced
, otherwise it will be considered a wrong pick, and thus you will again, be out of the tournament.
4. Only in the case of a walkover, or a withdrawal, each player is allowed to have a back-up pick, selected at the same time as their initial pick. That back-up pick will only be used in the occurence of a walkover or withdrawal, as stated above. Retirements do
count as completed matches.
Replacement picks must be identitified like this:
BACK-UP PICK - KLARA "I won the first ever tournament here" ZAKOPALOVA
If it is not clearly identitified, then both picks will be declared invalid.
5. The chalengers will be based on the last rankings. There are no seeds or byes in this tournament!
6. To sign up
, please type the word "In". Variations are more than acceptable. Your sign up will be confirmed
when you post your picks on the first day of main draw play, and so it is not necessarily a "must" to sign in.
7. Please be advised that you may only play ONE Suicide Tennis tournament per week.
If you play in multiple tournaments per week, you will be given a score of ZERO for the week to go into your ranking.
8. Once you've post your pick it's final, you CAN'T change them.
So don't edit or delete your post. OR ELSE YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED
, dun dun dun.
Ranking Points for Suicide Portoroz (Tier IV)
Ranking Points for Suicide Portoroz (INTERNATIONAL)
DAY 1: 1
DAY 2: 15
DAY 3: 30
DAY 4: 50
DAY 5: 70
DAY 6: 130
DAY 7: 200 (No Pick)
DAY 7: 232 (Invalid)
DAY 7: 280 (Winner)
Time in Portoroz Use this
Suicide Tennis Introduction and Rules - Please click this
Suicide Tennis Rankings - Please click this
** IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER/WTAWORLD IS BEING SLOW AND ANNOYING, YOU MAY E-MAIL ME YOUR PICKS AT email@example.com