Tennis Forum banner

Jelena Jankovic is the highest seed remaining in the draw, can you believe it?!!!

1K views 27 replies 23 participants last post by  jojoseph 
#1 ·
DO you think she has chance to grab her first Grandslam title... ? :bounce:
But after today match the most likely that would be in final I think would be Sharapova vs Venus W :tape:
Even I really wanna see Jankovic vs Daniela/Ana in the final :(
What you guys think? :help:
Jankovic reminds me of Sharapova last year.. come back strong after survived match point at first round.. so if that the repeat... she would be lost in final too this year :lol:

#6 ·
Maria has been really focus and playing with so much determination and high level tennis.. credit to her..
Jelena has had her angel so far with her.. so interesting to see if some gabriel angels from heaven would still be with her till end of tourney :)
Venus has been very solid with her serves and game plans.. so its good on her..
Ana has been playing unbelievably these days.. So much confident with her.. she really loves aussie.. nice girls..
Daniela? Radwanska? Hmm.. no comment.. would be surprised or shocked if see one of this girl in final tough!

#9 ·
I really hope that she will win this AO.

I think Maria is the favourite in the semis but I thought the same thing about Serena in the QF so...I hope Jelena will prove me wrong again.

Anyway, considering that she couldn't prepare in the best way for this tournament and all the troubles that she had against Paszek in the 1r, even though she won't win the title she can be happy of her AO.

#10 ·
she will need SHarapova to put in a Serena like QF performance to win the thing. She may be the highest seed but she is a heavy underdog against Sharapova. Although if she won I think it would be really funny considering how well Sharapova played. It would Myskina like and we haven't had a slam like that in a long long time.

Also, it would follow the trend of the even years (2004, 2006).

#19 ·
In answer to your title, yes, I can believe it. Henin never got off the ground and Sharapova has been awesome all tournament, so I wasn't surprised and Kuzzy- well did anyone expect her to still be in by now? Few would, I think.

I think Sharapova will take the title... I'm going out on a limb. I'd be very happy if Jelena wins it though!

#23 ·
I honestly never thought that would happen! But its good:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.