Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3931 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: King's Landing
Posts: 7,450
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro and Vika used to be friends up til around when Vika won a slam, now they aren't really. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, perhaps it's not.
Oh really? You are going to join to that bullshit spread in GM just to create drama?


···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu? is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3932 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,634
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

If they not friends then why they still follow each other on Twitter ?

S. Williams (23) ♦ V. Williams (7) ♦ S. Stephens (1)

Supporting American Players

M. Keys ♦ CiCi Bellis ♦ T. Townsend ♦ V. Duval ♦ L. Chirico ♦ S. Crawford ♦ K. Day ♦ A.Anisimova ♦ R. Kingsley ♦ W. Osuigwe ♦ J. Daniel
Trey is offline  
post #3933 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
RU90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11,239
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Matt Cronin (I think) asked Caro about her "friendship" with Vika recently, and said "Vika does her own thing." Not that this even matters in the big picture...
RU90 is offline  
 
post #3934 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 103,615
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

It is realistic that by Saturday night, Aga, Vika and Petra all have majors.
Thats life. When Caro is struggling, I hope that motivates her.
I expect this group to win many more majors. When Serena is another 2 or 3 years older, I expect a lot of slams to be very winnable.
Whether Caro is in that group contending at majors is up to her. You have to fight for it. Aga & Sabine fought thru very tough matches, and now play each other.
You have to fight every round, from the 1st point on.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline  
post #3935 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,991
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It is realistic that by Saturday night, Aga, Vika and Petra all have majors.
Thats life. When Caro is struggling, I hope that motivates her.
I expect this group to win many more majors. When Serena is another 2 or 3 years older, I expect a lot of slams to be very winnable.
Whether Caro is in that group contending at majors is up to her. You have to fight for it. Aga & Sabine fought thru very tough matches, and now play each other.
You have to fight every round, from the 1st point on.
I was thinking this, and where it's a good thing or not. On the one hand it could motivate her. On the other hand the pressure goes up, it just points out even more that she doesn't have a grand slam, she's the only real one (in terms of top players) from her generation without a grand slam, she's fallen a long way behind her peers etc. Really she's had enough things that people have said "should motivate her", but seemingly it's never really worked out that way.
ozza is offline  
post #3936 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:43 PM
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 103,615
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

It doesnt matter if 'its a good thing' or not. The top players from the generation thats about 23yrs old should be winning majors the next 5-8 years.
This should be their time. That Caro stopped winning matches is something we've all guessed at.
Rory, change of style, change of technique, burned out..
Whatever it was, it cant be worse than Lisicki being off the tour with an injury.
If Caro cant overcome whatever stopped her success, then it wasnt meant to be.
She's not overplaying, because she doesnt win many matches. Rory's been around for 2 years. She has to be able to play with a boyfriend.
If they did some changes that set her back, they have to look at old tapes and get back to what she did well.
But if she cant do it, it happens. There were other young stars who faded out early. You need the mental toughness to fight thru any adversity

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline  
post #3937 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,991
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It doesnt matter if 'its a good thing' or not. The top players from the generation thats about 23yrs old should be winning majors the next 5-8 years.
This should be their time. That Caro stopped winning matches is something we've all guessed at.
Rory, change of style, change of technique, burned out..
Whatever it was, it cant be worse than Lisicki being off the tour with an injury.
If Caro cant overcome whatever stopped her success, then it wasnt meant to be.
She's not overplaying, because she doesnt win many matches. Rory's been around for 2 years. She has to be able to play with a boyfriend.
If they did some changes that set her back, they have to look at old tapes and get back to what she did well.
But if she cant do it, it happens. There were other young stars who faded out early. You need the mental toughness to fight thru any adversity
Do you not think it can affect her psyche more though? It becomes even more standout that she never won a grand slam, the naysayers will grow that she could never get over the line at grand slams. The pressure becomes even greater on Caro to win a grand slam, especially as in the media Caro and Aga are seen as similar players, so the questions will turn up even more on why Caro could never win a major.
ozza is offline  
post #3938 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,748
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Do you not think it can affect her psyche more though? It becomes even more standout that she never won a grand slam, the naysayers will grow that she could never get over the line at grand slams. The pressure becomes even greater on Caro to win a grand slam, especially as in the media Caro and Aga are seen as similar players, so the questions will turn up even more on why Caro could never win a major.
What pressure? Caro is rarely if ever brought up by commentators in terms of being in the mix to win a big tournament anymore.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
Protoss is online now  
post #3939 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM
Senior Member
 
ozza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 7,991
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What pressure? Caro is rarely if ever brought up by commentators in terms of being in the mix to win a big tournament anymore.
At least on the commentary here in nearly 100% of Caro's matches it is brought up how she hasn't won a grand slam yet. A lot of the time it's mentioned how defensive players don't win grand slams, they can't cope with the big hitters at the top of the game. If Aga wins Wimbledon, all of a sudden that rather simple argument which is put forward by a lot of the media instantly falls apart, and more questions will be asked why Caro can't win a grand slam.
ozza is offline  
post #3940 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 103,615
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

She has to be able to get thru draws. The last time she played a slam QF she was #1. Thats a long time ago.
She has to get to QFs & SFs. Yeah, she will lose a lot of them, but you have to get there to ever win a major.
Cant worry being criticised for not winning a major early in her career.
She never should have let that affect her. You do your best and thats all you can do.

But even after IW, you could see she wasnt fighting anymore. Lost to Muguruza 16 46. Folded against Voegele.
These players who win majors are fighting for their rankings, fighting thru the draws. Even these 1 slam players who never got to #1, like Stosur, Schiavone, Li.. they've all been in at least 1 other major final. Except Kvitova, she was in 2 slam semis last year losing to Sharapova.
They all have frustrating losses. But you have to keep fighting, and Caro's not doing that, or doing it effectively enough

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline  
post #3941 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Do you not think it can affect her psyche more though? It becomes even more standout that she never won a grand slam, the naysayers will grow that she could never get over the line at grand slams. The pressure becomes even greater on Caro to win a grand slam, especially as in the media Caro and Aga are seen as similar players, so the questions will turn up even more on why Caro could never win a major.
No.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #3942 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,634
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I agree with ozza at some point that it could get too her too see all her peer & friends have a Slam consider she was ahead of them all at one point & for her not too have a slam yet. mostly Aga who started off at the bottom outta this generation only person I would say who don't have a slam that in there generation beside Caro is Pavlyuchenkova So yeah it a chance that could happen and yes the media would go hard on why Aga won one and Caro didn't or what Aga did & Caro didn't I hoping through it motivate more than anything through to get back in the mix and win an slam. What I most happy too hear is that fact she changing thing trying another racket & looking too work with another coach so hopefully so good come outta this.

S. Williams (23) ♦ V. Williams (7) ♦ S. Stephens (1)

Supporting American Players

M. Keys ♦ CiCi Bellis ♦ T. Townsend ♦ V. Duval ♦ L. Chirico ♦ S. Crawford ♦ K. Day ♦ A.Anisimova ♦ R. Kingsley ♦ W. Osuigwe ♦ J. Daniel
Trey is offline  
post #3943 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 103,615
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I'd like to see Aga win because I believe you can win majors with defense. I think Caro & Aga can both be multiple slam winners.
Maybe not Caro, unless she starts playing as well as she used to. But the way Aga played in January and the last 2 Wimbledons, and Miami 2012, I definately can see Aga as a multiple slam winner

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline  
post #3944 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,634
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I'd like to see Aga win because I believe you can win majors with defense. I think Caro & Aga can both be multiple slam winners.
Maybe not Caro, unless she starts playing as well as she used to. But the way Aga played in January and the last 2 Wimbledons, and Miami 2012, I definately can see Aga as a multiple slam winner
Give Caro some Hope She still have years in her & many chances hopefully she can do it, Even if she just win one slam

S. Williams (23) ♦ V. Williams (7) ♦ S. Stephens (1)

Supporting American Players

M. Keys ♦ CiCi Bellis ♦ T. Townsend ♦ V. Duval ♦ L. Chirico ♦ S. Crawford ♦ K. Day ♦ A.Anisimova ♦ R. Kingsley ♦ W. Osuigwe ♦ J. Daniel
Trey is offline  
post #3945 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,634
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

just check the entry list it seem Caroline will be playing both Roger Cup & Western & Southern Open Hopefully she get heal soon from her injury & get ready for summer hardcourt

S. Williams (23) ♦ V. Williams (7) ♦ S. Stephens (1)

Supporting American Players

M. Keys ♦ CiCi Bellis ♦ T. Townsend ♦ V. Duval ♦ L. Chirico ♦ S. Crawford ♦ K. Day ♦ A.Anisimova ♦ R. Kingsley ♦ W. Osuigwe ♦ J. Daniel
Trey is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome