Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 19 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #271 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Senior Member
 
goldenlox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: cyberspace
Posts: 103,592
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Lisicki made a lot of errors, but down 0-3, in set 3, Caroline played very well and that was a very good sign.
Thats what she is going to have to do. Fight mentally, dont give key points away. That's the way she built her career.

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter....
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there
Enjoy This Moment!!
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #272 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Lisicki made a lot of errors, but down 0-3, in set 3, Caroline played very well and that was a very good sign.
I think that's being very generous to Caro. 3rd set turned, because of SL losing her head rather than Caro playing well, imho. But the one positive I saw, was Caro only made 8 UE and had a positive W/UE ratio (+4).

I'd rather she wins a match like this with 12/8 W/UE than lose it with 30/40.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #273 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I think that's being very generous to Caro. 3rd set turned, because of SL losing her head rather than Caro playing well, imho. But the one positive I saw, was Caro only made 8 UE and had a positive W/UE ratio (+4).

I'd rather she wins a match like this with 12/8 W/UE than lose it with 30/40.
I disagree, she played smart, and for our girl, thats how you win.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
 
post #274 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:20 AM
Senior Member
 
rucolo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 31,133
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Important win. Caroline looked amazing in her outfit !

Lisicki played her best tennis in 1st set and 3rd set until 3-0. Impressive. But then completely collapsed. Did not expect this. Caroline hang in there, and it paid off. IMO Caroline played her strongest tennis in 1st set until 2-1 lol Overall still out of form but the fighting spirit is there. Lisicki is so inconsistent and mentally weak. Hope Caro improves in R2.

Serena: "We have great personalities like Jelena (Jankovic) on the tour."
Jelena: "If I had to pick someone after me, I'd pick Serena."

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2017
rucolo is offline  
post #275 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It doesnt matter what was going on. It matters from now forward. And she didnt start this year well.
If she loses this match, I hope she goes to Abu Dhabi, clears her head, and really gives it full effort the rest of the year.
Does she ever start the year well? First few tourneys are always a mixed bag for her...?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #276 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Important win. Caroline looked amazing in her outfit !

Lisicki played her best tennis in 1st set and 3rd set until 3-0. Very strong. But then completely collapsed. Did not expect this. Caroline hang in there, and it paid off. IMO Caroline played her best tennis in 1st set until 2-1 lol Overall still out of form but the fighting spirit is there. Lisicki is so inconsistent and mentally weak. Hope Caro improves in R2.
She looks super fit... Abs in particular...

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #277 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: King's Landing
Posts: 7,450
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I'm particularly happy with the UE stat, it's a great change from her Kuznetsova match.
Her big problem still lays on her serve.


···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu? is offline  
post #278 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Senior Member
 
JadeFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On a boat bitch
Posts: 4,310
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
She looks super fit... Abs in particular...
Her fitness paid off in this match. Now she needs to step up her game. It's a tough but doable draw.

Forever Supporting:
The Empress Queen Vee Masha, Vika Sexlana CaroBear

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline  
post #279 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Just had a quick browse in GM. One of the most active Caro haters in the thread is a One Infection fan. Figures.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #280 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Senior Member
 
Saraya!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 61,601
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I am so happy with her win!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great Caro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saraya! is online now  
post #281 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
C. W. Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,295
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

That's another negative H2H righted, 2-2 now with Lisicki. Last one righted was Vinci. I'm hoping she can do the same with Goerges and Safarova this season, maybe Zheng also.

Madison Brengle: "I'd rather chew on a pinecone than play this match (against Wozniacki)."
Nicole Melichar: "Do you want me to go find you one?"
C. W. Fields is offline  
post #282 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Senior Member
 
Trey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 10,633
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

‏@NeilHarmanTimes Caroline Wozniacki's reward for winning six games in a row to land victory - straight back onto practice court with a fired-up father

S. Williams (23) ♦ V. Williams (7) ♦ S. Stephens (1)

Supporting American Players

M. Keys ♦ CiCi Bellis ♦ T. Townsend ♦ V. Duval ♦ L. Chirico ♦ S. Crawford ♦ K. Day ♦ A.Anisimova ♦ R. Kingsley ♦ W. Osuigwe ♦ J. Daniel
Trey is online now  
post #283 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Achernar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 697
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Awful draw for Caro. Just getting to the 3rd round would be great now.

Good luck Caro.
It's indeed a tough draw. However each one of these matches is winnable. Her second match will be against Hlavackova or Vekic. Normally Caro should win it with ease. Then you have McHale (or more likely Putintseva the way this match is going), Pavlyuchenkova and Kuznetsova. None of these players is so terrible (in the sense that our player has amply demonstrated to be able to beat them) and Caroline has a good chance of reaching the Quarterfinal with this draw, especially now that Errani is gone. But I don't want to be carried away. It's one match at a time right now and this win against Lisicki is already a really good new.
Achernar is offline  
post #284 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
frp
Senior Member
 
frp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 779
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Are you fcking kidding me! Another 1R exit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro can already book a ticket to Abu-Dhabi!
frp is offline  
post #285 of 5196 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 03:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,748
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by frp View Post
That's not cool...no bumping up posts that are a bit embarassing after the fact.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth

Last edited by Protoss; Jan 15th, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
Protoss is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome