Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #241 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

I simply do not get, why people like Patrick345, who's well know for his/her vile comments against Caroline in GM, now feels the need to also post here.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
CWTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I don't give a shit!
Posts: 9,757
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

wtf with all the trolling from the haters here!
if I wanted to know their opinion I would go to GM!

Caroline''Sunshine'' Wozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now  
post #243 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,102
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I simply do not get, why people like Patrick345, who's well know for his/her vile comments against Caroline in GM, now feels the need to also post here.
To be honest, Patrick345's post was not trolling at all. I don't know how one could see it as such.
backhandsmash is offline  
post #244 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
To be honest, Patrick345's post was not trolling at all. I don't know how one could see it as such.
You should read some of his other posts in GM. That was what I was referring to.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #245 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:01 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
To be honest, Patrick345's post was not trolling at all. I don't know how one could see it as such.
It's a reasonably well argued post - no matter if one agrees with it or not. Unfortunately he has (unlike some of the other 'guest posters' yesterday) however a long history of bashing Woz and gloating when things go wrong for her at every opportunity he gets.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #246 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's a reasonably well argued post - no matter if one agrees with it or not. Unfortunately he has (unlike some of the other 'guest posters' yesterday) however a long history of bashing Woz and gloating when things go wrong for her at every opportunity he gets.
Others obviously feel very differently but it doesn't bother me in the least if people say nasty things about Caroline in GM and post critical, but respectful, comments about her here. Certainly there was nothing offensive or inappropriate about the post you are referring to. Maybe it is because I do not frequent GM much but I think some people here are a bit thin skinned when it comes to "outsiders" coming here and commenting on Caroline and her game. Sure, if someone comes here and posts hateful things about her it should not be tolerated but is it really a bad thing if they post reasonable critiques? I do not believe so.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #247 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 27,933
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's a reasonably well argued post - no matter if one agrees with it or not. Unfortunately he has (unlike some of the other 'guest posters' yesterday) however a long history of bashing Woz and gloating when things go wrong for her at every opportunity he gets.
But If I "gloat" itīs just sneaky one liners, that you shouldnīt be taken too seriously. Iīm a huge Jankovic/Zvonareva fan and I "troll" them all the time. Need to, to cope with the fact that they suck right now and might be going downhill for the rest of their careers.

If I bother to write more then itīs mostly constructive criticsm, that might be perceived as bashing, because you disagree with my assessment of Wozniackiīs ability (to win a Slam or not). I also give credit, when players change something and succeed. Unfortunately not much has changed in Wozniackiīs game over the last two years. Iīm not even sure her 1st serve is better. I couldnīt pinpoint the exact stretch, but she had a time, where the power and placement of that serve were just as good as they are right now. Of course itīs good for her that she has it back. It kept her in the 3rd set yesterday.

Anyway if donīt want me to post here (reaosnably), not a problem. That was most likely my first post here.

Strategic Consultant - For Year End Championship RR – Format

- You suck at math
- You like to win tournaments

You need our Halep! We take Kerber of your problem! Contact us via PM - Donīt be stupid!

For just 5% of your YEC winnings, we tell you how to maximize your success.
Patrick345 is offline  
post #248 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Others obviously feel very differently but it doesn't bother me in the least if people say nasty things about Caroline in GM and post critical, but respectful, comments about her here. Certainly there was nothing offensive or inappropriate about the post you are referring to. Maybe it is because I do not frequent GM much but I think some people here are a bit thin skinned when it comes to "outsiders" coming here and commenting on Caroline and her game. Sure, if someone comes here and posts hateful things about her it should not be tolerated but is it really a bad thing if they post reasonable critiques? I do not believe so.
I can only say, I disagree with you * 1,000.

When someone is well-known and has a long history of posting nothing but vile cr@p against Caroline in one forum (GM), I personally do not wish to see nor read that posters messages here in the player's forum.

A poster like Patrick345 has imho exactly one purpose of posting here: To stir up s h i t .. and with you defending him, he has achieved just that.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #249 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
But If I "gloat" itīs just sneaky one liners, that you shouldnīt be taken too seriously. Iīm a huge Jankovic/Zvonareva fan and I "troll" them all the time. Need to, to cope with the fact that they suck right now and might be going downhill for the rest of their careers.
I'm afraid that Jelena appears to be finished but don't give up on Vera yet. If players like Schiavone, Li and Stosur can win slams late in their careers there is still hope for Vera. It is still not too late for Jelena but I think she needs to start caring again. Too often she looks like she is not the least bit interested in winning.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #250 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:29 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Others obviously feel very differently but it doesn't bother me in the least if people say nasty things about Caroline in GM and post critical, but respectful, comments about her here. Certainly there was nothing offensive or inappropriate about the post you are referring to. Maybe it is because I do not frequent GM much but I think some people here are a bit thin skinned when it comes to "outsiders" coming here and commenting on Caroline and her game. Sure, if someone comes here and posts hateful things about her it should not be tolerated but is it really a bad thing if they post reasonable critiques? I do not believe so.
Well, I don't consider myself thin skinned in the least. For me EVERYONE is welcome to post here as long as their intentions are sincere. But I'm sure that you can understand that one has doubts about the intentions of someone who all of a sudden turns on the being reasonable act here while ridiculing Wozniacki has been his favorite pastime at GM for years and continues to be so while we speak.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #251 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Anyway if donīt want me to post here (reaosnably), not a problem. That was most likely my first post here.
It's not for me to say. And it's not the right time to ask me anyway either because I've just read that vile Safarova/Woz result thread at GM and I'm fed up with it all. Ok, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but being 'nice' while everyone else shits all over me is apparently second nature to me. But again - it's not for me to say....

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #252 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I don't consider myself thin skinned in the least. For me EVERYONE is welcome to post here as long as their intentions are sincere. But I'm sure that you can understand that one has doubts about the intentions of someone who all of a sudden turns on the being reasonable act here while ridiculing Wozniacki has been his favorite pastime at GM for years and continues to be so while we speak.
Sure. I guess I take the view that GM is a poisoned well. I give folks a bit of leeway for their posts there because it is such a negative environment. The individual player forums (not just this one) seem much more calm and reasonable (making exceptions for my occasional hysterical posts after Caroline loses at the slams).

I have largely stopped visiting GM so the "extreme" posts that you guys are referring to I do not see. I can only judge people by what they post here and by that standard I see nothing wrong with what the "outsiders" have posted recently. TennisFan66 mentioned a post that was deleted but I did not have a chance to read it. I'm guessing that post was deleted with good reason but otherwise I have no problems with anything I have read here recently.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #253 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
It's not for me to say. And it's not the right time to ask me anyway either because I've just read that vile Safarova/Woz result thread at GM and I'm fed up with it all. Ok, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but being 'nice' while everyone else shits all over me is apparently second nature to me.


Me too.

Kind of veering off topic but it can be discouraging to see jerks rewarded for their bad behaviour while you are "punished" for being a good guy, thank goodness we have alcohol to render reality (temporarily) irrelevant!

OK, back to tennis.

Here is a bit of optimism, Caroline almost certainly has to do better at her next tournament, right?

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #254 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,565
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

Caro get the guns ready for Doha now

Caroline Wozniacki Ana Ivanovic
PushWoz is offline  
post #255 of 5023 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,877
                     
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 5

WEAK LOGIC from DIAH in re: "GM is a poisoned well,so let bashers come here to express their opinions...";using THAT logic,we could say that drug dealers aren't allowed to enter the schoolgrounds,so we should let them sell coke and heroin on the streetcorners.I agree that some Caro fans are more sensitive than others,but this is HER forum so we should defer more to Caro's FANS than we should to her BASHERS if it comes down to a vote...simple common sense

Btw,I wasn't suggesting earlier that Sanchez was necessarily the right coach for Caroline,but I suspect that some top coaches are turned off NOT by working with Caro herself but rather the Piotr Factor

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome