On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
terjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,600
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
TF need to take note... Its one thing for her fans following her every move (slightly creepy if it involves what she deems private)... What excuse do her TF haters have? Irrational devotion to any celebrity can seemingly turn to hate for another if only because your chosen favourite is under performing... That is neither normal nor human nature.

"needs to be more aggressive" a universal solution to all problems in the minds of some.
Well I think it's easy to distinguish 3 categories:
  • Us Caro fans - and I am interested in anything tennis-wise plus anything non-tennis and on a personal level about her that she chooses to tell us about. And yes I can even get annoyed with her during a match when things don't go right. And there's absolutely nothing creepy about that. Caro herself is always appreciative of her fans.
    .
  • Then there's a few rather creepy type of poster who have an obsession with Caro to be in every thread with some hate on her. I don't like that and cannot imagine what goes on in theier mind. But there's no reason for Caro herself to know or have anything to do with them. And I don't actually fear for Caro from these posters who just type their hate on a tennis forum which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. I think they are harmless really.
    .
  • And then there's this RulesOfThought with these personal messages. This is something different. I really hope the authorities are dealing with this and taking it very seriously. I'm sure thay are. This is another level and he has to be watched if he's getting into tournaments.

Caroline Wozniacki

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw; Mar 13th, 2011 at 05:33 PM.
terjw is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Hmmmmm contrary I am of the opinion it is very normal and human nature. I also have 1,000s of years of human history to back me up
That would depend on your definition of human? we can all act like Homo Sapiens but our humanity supposedly separates us from our animal tendencies.
Burisleif is offline  
post #48 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 05:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Well I think it's easy to distinguish 3 categories:
  • Us Caro fans - and I am interested in anything tennis-wise plus anything non-tennis and on a personal level about her that she chooses to tell us about. And yes I can even get annoyed with her during a match when things don't go right. And there's absolutely nothing creepy about that. Caro herself is always appreciative of her fans.
    .
  • Then there's a few rather creepy type of poster who have an obsession with Caro to be in every thread with some hate on her. I don't like that and cannot imagine what goes on in theier mind. But there's no reason for Caro herself to know or have anything to do with them. And I don't actually fear for Caro from these posters who just type their hate on a tennis forum which at the end of the day doesn't really matter. I think they are harmless really.
    .
  • And then there's this RulesOfThought with these personal messages. This is something different. I really hope the authorities are dealing with this and taking it very seriously. I'm sure thay are. This is another level and he has to be watched if he's getting into tournaments.
Sadly I wouldn't put it past a few of the category two's to find the category three quite amusing, and revel at the prospects of what if. There is no clearly defined standard of acceptable behaviour enforced here on TF that I can see.
Burisleif is offline  
post #49 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,877
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Well,even before Burisleif pushed me to start one,I thought that this bunch had great potential for an off-topic thread,yet you all have exceeded my expectations.A few more thoughts before I take off for some Sunday activities:

The BNP website is guilty of offering a false promo in putting up,"Andrea Petkovic will be blogging throughout the tournament." Ummmm...no she won't---this is a JOINT event where young,glamorous,athletic men will be in large numbers...which means that almost every moment of the ULTRA-horny Andrea's freetime will be spent trying to round up guys' private cell numbers for a discreet hook-up.The tourney is just about halfway over and Petko has blogged ONCE,not 'throughout the tournament'.It's only a matter of time before she wakes up in some ATP guy's hotel room(and can't remember which one it is since he'll be gone),looks at her watch and says to herself,"Damn!I'm late for my match!"....Naturally,the WTA will cover for her by concocting some medical excuse for the default...something like 'Mad Rabbit Disease'.I actually don't dislike Petkovic at all;she's got some charming qualities at times but...come on,Andrea,you're 23 now,you should've graduated from puberty a while ago,and STDs are a very legitimate threat....Maybe you could just settle on ONE bf and add a crucial element of emotional stability to your life...Just a suggestion

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #50 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 07:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Sadly I wouldn't put it past a few of the category two's to find the category three quite amusing, and revel at the prospects of what if. There is no clearly defined standard of acceptable behaviour enforced here on TF that I can see.
Actually, you have a point there. As most of you probably know, Eastbourne is a very 'initimate' tournament, where spectators are allowed to walk literally next to the tennis stars. On of them, I think it was either the Slutiana thing or the equally creepy Sammy01 who was at Eastbourne and victoriously posted in GM, how he had stared at Caro and she had looked back and blah blah and noone wanted to give in on the evil stare... Knowing the Caro hate running in those twos blood (again it was just one of them postsing) the step from internet hater 2 to real life pscho stalker 3 probably isn't very far.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66; Mar 13th, 2011 at 08:46 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #51 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Senior Member
 
gdmirou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 244
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells!



@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!


He seems angry I wonder what happened there...

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought
Good grief, this is scary!
gdmirou is offline  
post #52 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
CWTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I don't give a shit!
Posts: 9,761
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdmirou View Post
Good grief, this is scary!
Yes it is

luciahoff
@alfsunde caro looks great shape,lost same weight,but looked solid,muscular,working extremely hard.she hs a worried look on face though

Poor Caro! I hope all this will not affect her performance in this tournament!

Caroline''Sunshine'' Wozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now  
post #53 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,707
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Caro's psycho-fan is in Indian Wells!



@CaroWozniacki After over=comming the systems onslaughts, I was fine as always regardless, to see carols tennis match!
@CaroWozniacki I was sure waiting for some contact with you carol that your adidas friends [doggies?] were around me out of the blue!
@CaroWozniacki If this is your minimum "honor" to me. I do not want anything to do with you! As these guys seemed very strange to me!
@CaroWozniacki I asked them if they were Adidas and the so called Mats ? Your other smaller adidas guys sad no...! At least !
@CaroWozniacki If I am wrong then they sure did not give me a first savy impression! If I m right! YOU ARE ALL DEPLORABLE PIECES OF SHIT !
@CaroWozniacki As to the behaviour of the police, BNP paribas officials, all the folk, the shit scum bykies, you all are ancient minds!
@CaroWozniacki Particularly you made my holiday a hell, and i hope you all are rubished shitless!
@CaroWozniacki I really thought dexterity and sports came with some intelligence! And it seems that you all are brainwashed to be stupid!
@CaroWozniacki For somebody to not value what is value, makes you of no value!

He seems angry I wonder what happened there...

http://twitter.com/#!/RulesOfThought
Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore, so someone has done something about it.

By the way, maybe this conceptionaly ironic thread, should go the whole ironic hog and change its name too General Mess Lite.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline  
post #54 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,443
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore,
Sure it does, I just clicked the link and it still works fine.
stangtennis is offline  
post #55 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
terjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,600
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
Sounds like a Psyco, the page doesn't exist anymore, so someone has done something about it.

By the way, maybe this conceptionaly ironic thread, should go the whole ironic hog and change its name too General Mess Lite.
Yes - I think a shorter simpler sounding title like General Chat or Mutterrings or something would be better.

Caroline Wozniacki

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline  
post #56 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 2011, 10:32 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,707
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangtennis View Post
Sure it does, I just clicked the link and it still works fine.
Your right, before it said the "does not excist" thing, must have been a temp hickup in me browser.

But I wish someone does something about the Psycho. Think if he /it is not just running around in his head, but also in the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!
FormerlyKnownAs is offline  
post #57 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerlyKnownAs View Post
By the way, maybe this conceptionaly ironic thread, should go the whole ironic hog and change its name too General Mess Lite.
I hope you realise the irony of your request? It is what it is, you know what it is, so it is.
Burisleif is offline  
post #58 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2011, 01:16 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,707
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruised View Post
I hope you realize the irony of your request? It is what it is, you know what it is, so it is.
Of course the "request"comment was wryly ironic!! and really I was only trying to be ironically humorous.

I wish the thread and all that sail in her , well. Really.
FormerlyKnownAs is offline  
post #59 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2011, 02:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Actually, you have a point there. As most of you probably know, Eastbourne is a very 'initimate' tournament, where spectators are allowed to walk literally next to the tennis stars. On of them, I think it was either the Slutiana thing or the equally creepy Sammy01 who was at Eastbourne and victoriously posted in GM, how he had stared at Caro and she had looked back and blah blah and noone wanted to give in on the evil stare... Knowing the Caro hate running in those twos blood (again it was just one of them postsing) the step from internet hater 2 to real life pscho stalker 3 probably isn't very far.
I would very much appreciate if you could find those posts.,, I'm a very passive person, but I will not tolerate a bully.I strongly suspect that Sammy01 is full of bravado and was revealing his fantasies of manhood and how he would of could of behaved.

I really enjoyed watching Caro at Eastbourne, But suspect that I may have been arrested had i witnessed such behaviour.
Burisleif is offline  
post #60 of 5049 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 2011, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quotes of the day:

The irony:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
she's [Maria Sharapova] hitting less winners than wozniacki that's what pisses me off!!! it's been over 2 hours and she's hit less than 10 winners im possitive of that
The low life racist:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival wig View Post
(aka Delicate cutter) Jesus! I don't know how I can get through this third set. Why won't Anabel go die in some desert somewhere trying to cross the border?
Burisleif is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome