On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 313 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4681 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
People that understand poo tend to live longer.
Maybe, but still, that's wellness taken too far. Anyway, such present definitely beats classics such as socks or slippers.
marineblue is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4682 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Well,unlike women,I don't need a collection of footwear,but I wear my slippers even when I'm walking a block or two from my house so,if they wore out,I'd definitely appreciate replacements as a gift.Also,my feet are rather large,so they naturally put lots of wear-and-tear on socks,necessitating more of them at various intervals.

As for the book,a black American once told me that he'd heard from his mom that people who check out their bowel movements,after eliminating,have larceny in their hearts.Unfortunately,the limited space in the toilet bowl controls the dispersement of bowels and prevents us from seeing the sort of great shapes we can admire when gazing at clouds

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #4683 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,unlike women,I don't need a collection of footwear,but I wear my slippers even when I'm walking a block or two from my house so,if they wore out,I'd definitely appreciate replacements as a gift.Also,my feet are rather large,so they naturally put lots of wear-and-tear on socks,necessitating more of them at various intervals.

As for the book,a black American once told me that he'd heard from his mom that people who check out their bowel movements,after eliminating,have larceny in their hearts.Unfortunately,the limited space in the toilet bowl controls the dispersement of bowels and prevents us from seeing the sort of great shapes we can admire when gazing at clouds
Slipers are for Nora Batty?

Large feet as in Frodo?

The china in your Loo reflects your culture, with some designed to hide your sins and others designed to put them on full display. A philosipher could put a strong case for the link between the admiration of poo and prosperity, being that a genuine correlation exists with the openness of of bathroom china.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #4684 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Slipers are for Nora Batty?

Large feet as in Frodo?

The china in your Loo reflects your culture, with some designed to hide your sins and others designed to put them on full display. A philosipher could put a strong case for the link between the admiration of poo and prosperity, being that a genuine correlation exists with the openness of of bathroom china.
Wow,this is some pretty deep stuff...haven't met Frodo so can't comment on where I stand compared with him,but I can tell you that it's not a given that shoe stores will have anything that fits me when I walk in.Occasionally,I must special order them,though the store usually has a small selection in their very largest size that will fit me.My younger brother is two sizes larger and must get EVERY pair via special order.

I'm not sure how your bathroom/loo can put sins on FULL display unless you allow the general public free access to relieve themselves in your house.Perhaps that was a courtesy in days of yore,but that's a tradition that most folks were probably happy to depart from

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #4685 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Wow,this is some pretty deep stuff...haven't met Frodo so can't comment on where I stand compared with him,but I can tell you that it's not a given that shoe stores will have anything that fits me when I walk in.Occasionally,I must special order them,though the store usually has a small selection in their very largest size that will fit me.My younger brother is two sizes larger and must get EVERY pair via special order.
Obviously I was using the hobit as a metaphor...

Are you particularly tall also, or do you mean large relative to your height. Unless the size of your feet is disproportionate, I don't see the irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I'm not sure how your bathroom/loo can put sins on FULL display unless you allow the general public free access to relieve themselves in your house.Perhaps that was a courtesy in days of yore,but that's a tradition that most folks were probably happy to depart from
Think more theologically.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #4686 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 23rd, 2013, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Obviously I was using the hobit as a metaphor...

Are you particularly tall also, or do you mean large relative to your height. Unless the size of your feet is disproportionate, I don't see the irony.



Think more theologically.
I think that I've caught your drift with the second part.To answer your question,I'm about 1.9 meters(1.93,to be more precise)...which isn't gigantic but,as you hinted at,normally goes hand-in-hand with having larger feet.The amusing reaction comes from the female sales clerks at the shoe stores who,upon seeing your feet,assume that EVERYthing is large...which isn't necessarily the case with all men who have big feet

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #4687 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2013, 02:08 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,600
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I forget who the Last Exorcism fan in here was but I saw that they're making a Last Exorcism Part 2.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a movie to go see.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
Protoss is offline  
post #4688 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2013, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I forget who the Last Exorcism fan in here was but I saw that they're making a Last Exorcism Part 2.

Meanwhile I'm looking for a movie to go see.
You could go see 'Pot of Onions',but it might bring you to tears.There's another film that won't be released for several months;however,there'll be a behind-the-scenes expose' on the Hollywood Channel.It's called,'Star Wars 48:Battle of the Catheter-wearing,Arthritic Lightsaber Warriors'.....it should be a real hit with the young people

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #4689 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,600
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You could go see 'Pot of Onions',but it might bring you to tears.There's another film that won't be released for several months;however,there'll be a behind-the-scenes expose' on the Hollywood Channel.It's called,'Star Wars 48:Battle of the Catheter-wearing,Arthritic Lightsaber Warriors'.....it should be a real hit with the young people
Argh...I wanted to good rep you but it wouldn't let me.

That's pretty funny.

I ended up seeing up The Last Stand. I thought it was pretty good.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth

Last edited by Protoss; Jan 27th, 2013 at 08:29 AM.
Protoss is offline  
post #4690 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 27th, 2013, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,842
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Argh...I wanted to good rep you but it wouldn't let me.

That's pretty funny.

I ended up seeing up The Last Stand. I thought it was pretty good.
You're so easygoing that I know you won't get upset over the great majority of my smart-ass comments.

The Abraham Lincoln movie was a good story that even people who don't care for the U.S. at all can appreciate.I also saw the Naomi Watts/Ewan MacGregor(or does he spell it 'Mc',without the 'A'?) film,'The Impossible'.It's a touching movie that's based on a true story,and it was very different for me to see ladies' man MacGregor in a humbler role as a grieving father in distress

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #4691 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I'm going to watch a Danish movie 'King's affair'. Hope it's going to be good, I really like historical movies and costume dramas and it's been a while since I've seen a good one.
marineblue is offline  
post #4692 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I'm going to watch a Danish movie 'King's affair'. Hope it's going to be good, I really like historical movies and costume dramas and it's been a while since I've seen a good one.
do you mean 'A Royal Afair'?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #4693 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 28th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
do you mean 'A Royal Afair'?
Yes, I guess that would be the right name. Having seen it now I can say it was worth my while. Really interesting story although with a sad ending. Have you seen it?
marineblue is offline  
post #4694 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 02:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, I guess that would be the right name. Having seen it now I can say it was worth my while. Really interesting story although with a sad ending. Have you seen it?
Yes. Alas I found the political bias, historical inaccuracy, and overly positive portrayal of the heroic reformist couple a little distracting. The truth is a lot more complicated and sinister.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #4695 of 5049 (permalink) Old Jan 29th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,600
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You're so easygoing that I know you won't get upset over the great majority of my smart-ass comments.

The Abraham Lincoln movie was a good story that even people who don't care for the U.S. at all can appreciate.I also saw the Naomi Watts/Ewan MacGregor(or does he spell it 'Mc',without the 'A'?) film,'The Impossible'.It's a touching movie that's based on a true story,and it was very different for me to see ladies' man MacGregor in a humbler role as a grieving father in distress
I'm pretty sure that there are some people I know who would disagree about me being that easygoing.

I just looked it up and it's McGregor.

Those are two movies that I want to see at some point.

Naomi Watts is one of my favorite actresses.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
Protoss is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome