On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 233 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3481 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:21 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

On a different note, Martian Jeza has just apologized to me by PM for his behavior on her fan forum. And he followed it up with another PM where he asked me to post his apology to you guys as well. I see no reason to refuse his request, so here it is...

"Ik wil mij nog eens verontschuldigen tov de Caroline Wozniacki fans : schrijf het op haar forum section hier ! Ik weet dat ik te ver ben geweest. Echt."

Which translates something like this:

"I want to apologize to all Caroline Wozniacki fans: write these words on her fan forum here. I know that I went too far. I mean it."

In the earlier PM to me he admits that he has serious problems with 'anger management'(I believe he takes medication for it actually) and that he often says things in anger that he later regrets. He especially regrets having made that "Caroline should be punched in the face" comment he once made and says he knows he was way out of line with that one.

So, there you have it. I've kept my promise and posted his apology.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3482 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,877
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

You probably won't find too many people that are willing to like 'the unlikable';I applaud you just for being open to your present mindset.I'm not going to judge whether or not Martian is genuinely remorseful or not(wouldn't judge him as a person,period--only his actions themselves).If he IS truly remorseful,then I sincerely wish him well with those anger management issues,and he's almost surely young enough that we'd be wrong for calling him 'beyond redemption',so to speak

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #3483 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 02:35 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You probably won't find too many people that are willing to like 'the unlikable';I applaud you just for being open to your present mindset.I'm not going to judge whether or not Martian is genuinely remorseful or not(wouldn't judge him as a person,period--only his actions themselves).If he IS truly remorseful,then I sincerely wish him well with those anger management issues,and he's almost surely young enough that we'd be wrong for calling him 'beyond redemption',so to speak
I expect nothing in terms of how this will be received. Everyone must make up his or her own mind about that. He asked me to post his apology, I promised that I would do it (why not?), and so I did. Nothing more - nothing less.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #3484 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

I'm not sure if Martian was around here before me or not but I do remember his posts circa late 2010 and they were much more reasonable. He could still be very critical but at that time he wasn't nearly as...extreme... as he was the last few times he posted here. Of course at that time Caroline was very much ascendant so it was hard to be too negative about her and her results. If my memory serves me Martian disappeared from here for most of 2011 and I don't think he returned until late summer or early fall 2011 and his posts at that time were much more critical/negative mirroring her results.

Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #3485 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Cool that Martian apologised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
If it's not too much trouble,take some time to ponder whether or not Paul deserves a promotion with the Agency.If you decide that he's not quite ready,then break the news to him gently---you KNOw how much he looks up to you
How about a promotion to Emperor of the Republic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.
Aye, basically it was the sorta OTT attitude and the way it carried on and on and on and it basically started taking threads off-topic.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3486 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Man, you should have known. How likely is it that a "Chrissie-fan" would be a teenager?
That's actually a good point.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3487 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
CWTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I don't give a shit!
Posts: 9,760
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
So, there you have it. I've kept my promise and posted his apology.
Nice apology but I can't take it seriously!
I recently unfollowed him on twitter, because it was too much! He continues to slam her after every her loss match! It's not about being too critical it's about satying respectful! And he's not respectful to Caro, he often crossing the line in his comments & tweets, calls her stupid, idiot etc...
So I don't want him here Plus I don't think he's her fan anymore but I'm sure when she wins a slam he'll support her again!

Caroline''Sunshine'' Wozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline  
post #3488 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 10:50 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Nice apology but I can't take it seriously!
I recently unfollowed him on twitter, because it was too much! He continues to slam her after every her loss match! It's not about being too critical it's about satying respectful! And he's not respectful to Caro, he often crossing the line in his comments & tweets, calls her stupid, idiot etc...
So I don't want him here Plus I don't think he's her fan anymore but I'm sure when she wins a slam he'll support her again!
To be honest I personally find it very hard to figure him out. I think he's sincere at the moment when he apologizes, but you can bet your house that he'll go psycho again next time she loses a match.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #3489 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,877
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post



How about a promotion to Emperor of the Republic?
'Emperor' is too lofty of a title and might go to his head;I was thinking more like 'Viceroy'

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #3490 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:29 PM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_dreamer82 View Post
Nice apology but I can't take it seriously!
I recently unfollowed him on twitter, because it was too much! He continues to slam her after every her loss match! It's not about being too critical it's about satying respectful! And he's not respectful to Caro, he often crossing the line in his comments & tweets, calls her stupid, idiot etc...
So I don't want him here Plus I don't think he's her fan anymore but I'm sure when she wins a slam he'll support her again!

Oh, what a hardcore fan he is
I don't know much about him as I probably came to this forum after he got banned. But judging by what you are saying I am happy he's not around here anymore.
marineblue is offline  
post #3491 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,788
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I'm not sure if Martian was around here before me or not but I do remember his posts circa late 2010 and they were much more reasonable. He could still be very critical but at that time he wasn't nearly as...extreme... as he was the last few times he posted here. Of course at that time Caroline was very much ascendant so it was hard to be too negative about her and her results. If my memory serves me Martian disappeared from here for most of 2011 and I don't think he returned until late summer or early fall 2011 and his posts at that time were much more critical/negative mirroring her results.

Actually I think he is similar to me. I don't think he ever hated Caroline or was happy that she was struggling. I think he was frustrated that she was not fulfilling her potential. I felt/feel very much the same and sometimes I am accused of being too negative. I think (and hope) that the difference is that I never go too far while unfortunately Martian really went too far in his criticisms of Caroline and her game.
I think he's frustrated that she's not Martina Hingis. He worships Hingis (even more than me ) and he freely admits that since she retired nobody else has been able to fill that void for him. He had hoped that Wozniacki would be the one, but now he basically blames her for not being Martina Hingis. Strange, but he's a strange guy. A Dr. Jekyll - Mr. Hyde type if ever there was one.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #3492 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
'Emperor' is too lofty of a title and might go to his head;I was thinking more like 'Viceroy'
Emperor is fine.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3493 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

So is this thread soon going to renamed the "Avian Tapping Up Thread' or "Chihuahua Army Recruitment Thread"

I'm curious as to what percentage of a users posts being promotional in a section constitutes SPAMMING?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #3494 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,219
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I was going to take that as a no, which is fair enough, but then this:

and I'm not so sure.
Since when in Blighty does a solitary man standing not constitute a queue?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #3495 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 21st, 2012, 04:04 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I'm curious as to what percentage of a users posts being promotional in a section constitutes SPAMMING?
31.7 recurring.
postalblowfish is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome