On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 231 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3451 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 01:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,834
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
This is the thread for off topic rambling, chit chat, that sort of thing not the video thread or even the Danish Delight thread.
Not sure what your point is....unless you just felt compelled to re-state the obvious

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3452 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,501
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Not sure what your point is....unless you just felt compelled to re-state the obvious
Folks were chit chatting, that sort of thing in other threads when it should have been here. This was an attempt at a friendly reminder.
Protoss is offline  
post #3453 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 2012, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 13,834
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Have read where Dokic is a fairly bitchy,self-centered gal....not exactly the ideal choice to do the official WTA blog.....and,sure enough,Jelena has apparently pissed away her blog after an embarrassing loss.Perhaps the WTA should ask these gals for a genuine commitment up front before selecting them for this relatively straightforward task

PARTY IN THE PANIC ROOM! Serena wins an undoubtedly clean #22

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world

Monica Puig, Guapa Teniista Numero Uno de las chicas latinas
bruce goose is offline  
post #3454 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Just stumbled over a new (to me) site and thought I would show it to all you nice people here in Caroline's player forum

w w w . t v s e c t o r . c o m

/ e u r o s p o r t - h d
/ e u r o s p o r t - 2 - h d

I guess this site won't be around for long but worth it while it is. It looks similar to how everythingon . tv was ....

Edit: I was streaming ES whole day on my laptop from that site, but not sure now, if it's actually a 'subscription' site If thats the case, I apologize. I certainly did not mean to pimp a subscription site, when streams are readily available for free.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66; Feb 20th, 2012 at 05:04 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #3455 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

So, uh. Yeah. Anyone else ever been hit on by a gay guy?
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3456 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
So, uh. Yeah. Anyone else ever been hit on by a gay guy?
Obviously you can not just drop something like that on us and not tell us the whole story. What exactly happened?

To answer your question, no, I haven't been hit on by a gay guy but I am not a very pretty fellow.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #3457 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,102
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
So, uh. Yeah. Anyone else ever been hit on by a gay guy?
I was once. And I was going along with it because I was curious/drunk. I made it to 2nd base before realising in my stupor that it was not for me. Well, not that night anyway. Marat could turn me for an hour or two though.
backhandsmash is offline  
post #3458 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,218
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
So, uh. Yeah. Anyone else ever been hit on by a gay guy?
Many times and not subtly, but then again we get hit on by all genders and orientations, wether or not the man realised it or not at the time.

Less interesting than if they were gay or not is the the idea of all the perfect matches that did hit, and that you didn't notice because you just weren't tuned into at the time because your life was full of other things?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #3459 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Obviously you can not just drop something like that on us and not tell us the whole story. What exactly happened?

To answer your question, no, I haven't been hit on by a gay guy but I am not a very pretty fellow.
Mr BHS mentioned in a GM thread that's already into double figures on the subject of Woz and a certain interview, that he might go gay for Marat. We had a brief discussion and we moved it into here.

Basically, after working on Saturday evening in a previous job at a well-known British department store, I was at Bretonside bus station (the progeny of nomenclature of which I think may be interesting to a certain Danish duo) and this guy started hitting on me. After a while he asked me if I had a girlfriend, and I was like 'yeah', and that was sorta that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
I was once. And I was going along with it because I was curious/drunk. I made it to 2nd base before realising in my stupor that it was not for me. Well, not that night anyway. Marat could turn me for an hour or two though.
Aye. It's not something I've ever tried. If I was going to flirt with the gay thing I don't think it'd be with a guy like Safin. Probably would be with an actual homosexual/bi guy if anything. One of the things is, I don't think I'd actually be too fond of the experience after it'd happened, y'know? I might regret it a lot.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3460 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Many times and not subtly, but then again we get hit on by all genders and orientations, wether or not the man realised it or not at the time.

Less interesting than if they were gay or not is the the idea of all the perfect matches that did hit, and that you didn't notice because you just weren't tuned into at the time because your life was full of other things?
Definitely r.e. the second paragraph. But then again, I think if you have a long-term relationship with someone they tend to change you and you tend to change them. So it's not necessarily that someone is immediately 'perfect' for you, but maybe over time the compatibility would increase.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3461 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,102
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen



Will you just look at him. He is one extraordinarily goodlooking fellow. And he was rather good at tennis as well. I almost see him as a hot woman.
backhandsmash is offline  
post #3462 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post


Will you just look at him. He is one extraordinarily goodlooking fellow. And he was rather good at tennis as well. I almost see him as a hot woman.
Not saying he's not good-looking, just saying he wouldn't be the sorta guy I'd go for, or at least the sorta guy I think I might go for.

Same as how not everyone finds Simona really attractive. Or Larcher. Or Radwanska. However, I do.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3463 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,218
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
Definitely r.e. the second paragraph. But then again, I think if you have a long-term relationship with someone they tend to change you and you tend to change them. So it's not necessarily that someone is immediately 'perfect' for you, but maybe over time the compatibility would increase.
It's also the time that you get hit on more than ever and hopefully don't notice for all the right reasons. As for 'perfect' we will never know.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #3464 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
It's also the time that you get hit on more than ever and hopefully don't notice for all the right reasons. As for 'perfect' we will never know.
Who's your dream woman?
postalblowfish is offline  
post #3465 of 5049 (permalink) Old Feb 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,218
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post


Will you just look at him. He is one extraordinarily goodlooking fellow. And he was rather good at tennis as well. I almost see him as a hot woman.
Isn't there a section in Non-Tennis for Man worship?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome