On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 185 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2761 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:10 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,851
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Wanna comment on the Womens General Tennis thread to say that I often enjoy reading the intelligent,thoughtful posts there.I don't contribute there myself because I have a bad tendency to postwhore in my faves' forums and I feel that it's good,out of respect for others,to limit how often and how broadly I post.However,my prior reservations have proven to be correct as a few Caro-hostile posters have used the words in the thread title to justify intrusions under the pretense of having a 'civil discussion'...even though they know FULL WELL that most Caro fans have read their nasty comments in GM and don't appreciate their visits there.If I may make a humble suggestion,the thread-starter should change the title to "Women's General Tennis Thread--FOR CARO FANS",including the large block letters for the last three words,so that there's no excuse for any more pretense on who is welcome there.Obviously,most of you wouldn't mind hearing from neutral folks who weren't Caro's fans yet didn't ever show hostility...but that's just common sense,right?
If it's 'for Caro fans only' those neutral fans won't feel welcome and it more than likely would attract MORE haters because the bigger a pain in the ass they can be the more they enjoy it.

Chrissie-fan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2762 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Senior Member
 
Coco Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bile yer heid
Posts: 73,309
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

but can you be a fan of a player only?

may your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.

Coco Hero is offline  
post #2763 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If it's 'for Caro fans only' those neutral fans won't feel welcome and it more than likely would attract MORE haters because the bigger a pain in the ass they can be the more they enjoy it.
Your scales are HIGHLY skewed here,Chrissie-fan,because you worry over the 'tragic loss' that some neutral non-Caro fans might not post here,but you don't care a whit that haters are annoying loyal Caro fans with their presence.

Your argument is true that haters might come here no matter what,but at least our mod Ryan could take action if someone unwelcome came here to agitate Caro's legit fans.However,that's impossible when YOU roll out the welcome mat for them to assure them that it's no big deal if they post any number of nasty comments in GM(or other fan forums)...and then come here under the pretense of a 'civil discussion' about Caro's failures.On two occasions,haters have used you like a tool with the words,to paraphrase,"Oh,Chrissie-fan doesn't mind,so I guess that my hater behavior is acceptable,"....all the while Goldenlox,Burisleif and likely many others were knowingly,PURPOSELY agitated by a hater that YOU justified.

I honestly commend you for being so even tempered...and the intrusions themselves don't bother ME at all except for the fact that so many Caro fans here feel uncomfortable when someone uses derisive terms for her.....and then come HERE with phony,polite-sounding words just so they can spout off freely on Caro's shortcomings in HER forum and get a kick out of the annoyed reactions by her fans.This creates a hostile atmosphere here,and it's all because YOU choose to cavalierly ignore Caro-bashing under the ridiculous,asinine premise that hearing from haters is some crucial element to our forum.

Why not just go to GM,Chrissie-fan,if you can't go without reading the opinions of Caro-bashers.Is it REALLY so vital for you to welcome them here(?);I'm not familiar with ANY other player forum that does that.Why don't you at least listen to feedback from other fans on WHO is using you like a tool...and WHO has unbiased credibility in critiquing Caro's game

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
 
post #2764 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 03:30 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,743
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I think we have ourselves a fan:

http://twitter.com/#!/Corswandt/stat...93566112739328

Also:

http://twitter.com/#!/Corswandt/stat...06229299470337
http://twitter.com/#!/Corswandt/stat...06768456278016



Wish he'd come and say hello now and again.

He's probably completely amicable in real life. Just a bit wacky online, I rex.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #2765 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,743
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Your scales are HIGHLY skewed here,Chrissie-fan,because you worry over the 'tragic loss' that some neutral non-Caro fans might not post here,but you don't care a whit that haters are annoying loyal Caro fans with their presence.

Your argument is true that haters might come here no matter what,but at least our mod Ryan could take action if someone unwelcome came here to agitate Caro's legit fans.However,that's impossible when YOU roll out the welcome mat for them to assure them that it's no big deal if they post any number of nasty comments in GM(or other fan forums)...and then come here under the pretense of a 'civil discussion' about Caro's failures.On two occasions,haters have used you like a tool with the words,to paraphrase,"Oh,Chrissie-fan doesn't mind,so I guess that my hater behavior is acceptable,"....all the while Goldenlox,Burisleif and likely many others were knowingly,PURPOSELY agitated by a hater that YOU justified.

I honestly commend you for being so even tempered...and the intrusions themselves don't bother ME at all except for the fact that so many Caro fans here feel uncomfortable when someone uses derisive terms for her.....and then come HERE with phony,polite-sounding words just so they can spout off freely on Caro's shortcomings in HER forum and get a kick out of the annoyed reactions by her fans.This creates a hostile atmosphere here,and it's all because YOU choose to cavalierly ignore Caro-bashing under the ridiculous,asinine premise that hearing from haters is some crucial element to our forum.

Why not just go to GM,Chrissie-fan,if you can't go without reading the opinions of Caro-bashers.Is it REALLY so vital for you to welcome them here(?);I'm not familiar with ANY other player forum that does that.Why don't you at least listen to feedback from other fans on WHO is using you like a tool...and WHO has unbiased credibility in critiquing Caro's game
A bit harsh, really. As far as I'm concerned you're either pro-reasoned discussion or you're not. If we want to be in favour of it then we should really welcome people like Excelsior if they're willing to debate reasonably.

Otherwise we may as well just turn this into the 'Bruce Goose and his mates' forum, and we'll forego the tennis-centric theme and just post whatever, like the story of the time I got invited to trials for the British Bobsleigh Team.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #2766 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,097
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
I will now feel awesome for the rest of the day! (even though it's not really my thread).
backhandsmash is offline  
post #2767 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,743
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
I will now feel awesome for the rest of the day! (even though it's not really my thread).
What are you doing about your Youtube thing, anyway? Are you setting another account up?
postalblowfish is offline  
post #2768 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Coco Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bile yer heid
Posts: 73,309
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
A bit harsh, really. As far as I'm concerned you're either pro-reasoned discussion or you're not. If we want to be in favour of it then we should really welcome people like Excelsior if they're willing to debate reasonably.

Otherwise we may as well just turn this into the 'Bruce Goose and his mates' forum, and we'll forego the tennis-centric theme and just post whatever, like the story of the time I got invited to trials for the British Bobsleigh Team.
did you? that's really cool

may your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.

Coco Hero is offline  
post #2769 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,743
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
did you? that's really cool
It's actually not all that impressive. I wrote to them like 'can I be in your bobsleigh team?' and they wrote back like 'come for a trial'.

There were five of us going to go, one didn't want to since he had a cricket match or something, one didn't want to go if that guy wasn't going, one didn't want to go if it was just the three of us, one didn't want to go if it was just me and him, and I didn't want to go without any of my friends so none of us went.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #2770 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
A bit harsh, really. As far as I'm concerned you're either pro-reasoned discussion or you're not. If we want to be in favour of it then we should really welcome people like Excelsior if they're willing to debate reasonably.

Otherwise we may as well just turn this into the 'Bruce Goose and his mates' forum, and we'll forego the tennis-centric theme and just post whatever, like the story of the time I got invited to trials for the British Bobsleigh Team.
I would disagree, a poster like Excelsior isn't coming from a reasoned view point, and, I for one don't see the need of a hater reform section in Caroline's player section... A reasoned poster would be welcomed, and as such they would have a history of reasoned posts. I would be very cautious of classifying a notorious hate poster attempting to play a game of how far can I twist the notion of reasoned debate, as a reasoned poster.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #2771 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It's actually not all that impressive. I wrote to them like 'can I be in your bobsleigh team?' and they wrote back like 'come for a trial'.

There were five of us going to go, one didn't want to since he had a cricket match or something, one didn't want to go if that guy wasn't going, one didn't want to go if it was just the three of us, one didn't want to go if it was just me and him, and I didn't want to go without any of my friends so none of us went.
I can't believe you didn't go....

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #2772 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Coco Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bile yer heid
Posts: 73,309
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
It's actually not all that impressive. I wrote to them like 'can I be in your bobsleigh team?' and they wrote back like 'come for a trial'.

There were five of us going to go, one didn't want to since he had a cricket match or something, one didn't want to go if that guy wasn't going, one didn't want to go if it was just the three of us, one didn't want to go if it was just me and him, and I didn't want to go without any of my friends so none of us went.
haha for real? have you ever tried it before asking for it?
i mean, i don't think you have a place to train bobsleigh, do you?

may your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.

Coco Hero is offline  
post #2773 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
A bit harsh, really. As far as I'm concerned you're either pro-reasoned discussion or you're not. If we want to be in favour of it then we should really welcome people like Excelsior if they're willing to debate reasonably.
That sounds reasonable on the surface,but it's quite silly when you dig a bit deeper.Unless you're incredibly magnanimous,then I doubt you'd be so open-minded if I went behind your back in telling everyone what a whore your mom was(allegedly screwing every guy in the neighborhood)...and then,to your face,came to you with the pretense of having a civil discussion about the same woman.Like I said,I'm not familiar with ANY other forums that do that and there are PLENTY of ways for you to have such discussions with bashers w/o welcoming them warmly to Caro's forum.There are lots of occasions when I've contemplated posting in the Serbian forum to chat with some of the intelligent folk there,but I limit myself to PMs b/c the other Ana fans know that I don't respect her at all anymore and my presence in her forum would highly offend them

Personally,I don't mind it when 'Ex' and others bad-mouth Caro...as they often DO in Petra's forum...as long as they don't cross the line of poor taste(I haven't seen that at all there,recently).However,I expect a standard of personal integrity if someone wants me to respect his/her opinions/posts.Telling everyone how boring Caro is...how unworthy she is of #1...how outclassed she is by Petra,Serena,etc.---and then coming here with a bunch of mealy-mouthed,polite-sounding words about how much one admires Caro....Sorry,Postalblowfish,I don't have any respect for that kind of phoniness.It doesn't BOTHER me or make me angry,but I don't see where Caro fans should have to sanction that sort of b--lsh-t.Despite having several friends who are Jews,I could have a civil discussion with a Muslim fundamentalist,but if he tried to feed me some line about how he only sought peaceful co-existence with Israel,I'd tell him to get out of my face with his two-faced crap;I could at least respect his honesty if he admitted that he wanted to murder every Jew on the planet(as sick as that goal is),yet double-talk doesn't qualify as 'reasoned discussion' in my book

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2774 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
postalblowfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Plymadelphia
Posts: 1,743
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
I can't believe you didn't go....
I think I was 16 at the time. I was quite shy back then (even more so than I am now).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
haha for real? have you ever tried it before asking for it?
i mean, i don't think you have a place to train bobsleigh, do you?
We used to 'train' on the bus on the way to school. If you have two people either side of the seat that's being used as 'the bobsleigh' it's actually quite realistic in terms of the 'getting on board' thing.
postalblowfish is offline  
post #2775 of 5049 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 2011, 04:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,097
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by postalblowfish View Post
What are you doing about your Youtube thing, anyway? Are you setting another account up?
Thinking about it. Not having one is a bit of a pain tbh.
backhandsmash is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome