On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 145 - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #2161 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
While I might otherwise enjoy mocking the Americans' weak non-WS level in the WTA,I don't have much room to talk given the current state of Mexican tennis
There is a lot of Caroline qualities in her play, but caroline started out as an aggressive player (yes she did)... McHale has potential though... but I have no knowledge of her abilities that have been withheld in the matches I have seen her play, unlike Caro.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2162 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Oh, Maria Kirilenko, if you weren't so hideously ugly I could kiss you!
There's a sweetness to Makiri's beauty that might inspire you to kick someone in the teeth if he dared to insult her......That is,IF you weren't a Canadian war-hating pacifist who only believed in violence when it was against seals

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2163 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Oh, Maria Kirilenko, if you weren't so hideously ugly I could kiss you!
Hmmph. Maria is not ugly, she's one of the most if not the most attractive players on the tour. How can you say such a thing?
Protoss is offline  
 
post #2164 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmph. Maria is not ugly, she's one of the most if not the most attractive players on the tour. How can you say such a thing?
Indeed, not really. need you ask?

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #2165 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:13 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

What's a cute challenge sometimes is when you discreetly observe a cat from a distance...and then start meowing to see how long it looks around to discover the source of the meow.Sometimes,if they like the authenticity of your sound,they'll come trotting up to you when they catch sight of you.My friends' neighbors had TWO Manx cats that used to run up to me from half a km away when they saw me get out of my car

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2166 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 8,233
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

I have zero love for cats, however, in my time i have met a few that with a silent meow where only the faintest guttural wisp could be heard, and with patience they were brought from bones to feline prowess, a morsel and spoonful at a time. Then of course the for a while affectionate animal now able to fend takes off.

On a November night in the north of nowhere, snow falling like rain, I sat having coffee with a friend slightly anxious... Then for the first time that i had seen, the Newfoundlander got up, opened the door and ran off... Surprised as I the friend gathered warm clothes, lights, and supplies, and we followed as best we could the trail of the dog. After an hour or so making slow heavy progress we came upon said dog. Under her was her master, who we made home with as best and fast as we could. It turns out that he had tipped his tractor some four hundred meters further out and the Newfoundlander had sensed this, gone to his aid, dragged him home as far as the master could tolerate, and then chosen to cover him to try and keep him alive...

I keep dogs.

"In time we hate that which we often fear." WS
“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” Plato
Burisleif is offline  
post #2167 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

While I generally prefer dogs and their willingness to bond with people,there are times when cats defy the normal tendencies and display almost dog-like qualities

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2168 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 04:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,748
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
There is a lot of Caroline qualities in her play, but caroline started out as an aggressive player (yes she did)... McHale has potential though... but I have no knowledge of her abilities that have been withheld in the matches I have seen her play, unlike Caro.
Really? When and why did she stop? Plus why then such a comfort zone of defensive play?

So just what are these withheld abilities of Caro?
Protoss is offline  
post #2169 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Just barely caught the trash truck this morning...which is a lot better than just barely missing it

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2170 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,181
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmph. Maria is not ugly, she's one of the most if not the most attractive players on the tour. How can you say such a thing?
I was saying the opposite of what is true for comedic effect. I thought that was obvious. Maria is indeed cuter than a sackful of puppies.

Now I am hoping that a certain Serb can complete the trifecta and send these flukey Americans packing.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #2171 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Now I am hoping that a certain Serb can complete the trifecta and send these flukey Americans packing.
So glad to see the anti-gringo sentiment finally coming out of you.You guys on the other border are so much more genteel and polite about it

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2172 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,181
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
So glad to see the anti-gringo sentiment finally coming out of you.You guys on the other border are so much more genteel and polite about it
I don't see it as being anti-American but more anti-crappy players getting undue attention simply because they happen to be American.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #2173 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 14,012
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't see it as being anti-American but more anti-crappy players getting undue attention simply because they happen to be American.
Well,you can try to give it whatever cute little nickname you want....I'm watching another of them lose right now thanks to the rare gift of seeing Caroline on Mexican TV

When the Lizards play their Trump card, humanity suffers

Monica Puig, guapa campeona de tenistas latinas

WTA suffering from Dementieva withdrawal, a lack of true queens

Congrats on Number Three, Kim! We need more of you in this world
bruce goose is offline  
post #2174 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,181
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,you can try to give it whatever cute little nickname you want....I'm watching another of them lose right now thanks to the rare gift of seeing Caroline on Mexican TV
I actually feel a little bad for Vania. She received virtually no hype probably because at the age of 22 she is too old. It was all about the youngsters.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #2175 of 5049 (permalink) Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM
Senior Member
 
JadeFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: On a boat bitch
Posts: 4,310
                     
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro:Off-topic 4 the POPULAR #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't see it as being anti-American but more anti-crappy players getting undue attention simply because they happen to be American.


Seriously, I'm American and I hate it as well. It's like they've learned nothing from overhyping Oudin.

Forever Supporting:
The Empress Queen Vee Masha, Vika Sexlana CaroBear

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome