Here is another interview with Thomas Hoegstedt brought a few hours ago in the Danish paper Ekstrabladet:
Here in a google translated version:
Caroline's new coach blows to attack
- She has to beat harder and heavier , announces Wozniacki new coach who will put her to play with the grand slam titles
They have put the first piece of hard training work outdoors in Dubai and indoors in Copenhagen before very shortly boosts the last pre-season preparations under the Florida sun .
- So far it has gone really well. We are very motivated to work together , says Caroline Wozniacki's new coach , Thomas Högstedt to Ekstra Bladet.
It did new offensive tendencies in her game in the last tournaments, and although one can hardly expect to see her in a play in terms of completely transformed version when she at New Year hits his first tournament ball in Australian Brisbane , she will soon be a more aggressive challenger , announces the experienced Swede.
He answers the question of the primary development in Caroline's game this way:
- To beat harder and heavier and get more speed in the field, he says, and keep as little on the next card , he will play out.
- And then she must show technical things that we already work with , and we constantly work with in the future.
Already, he describes his student's play -related forces completely cash:
- It's her defensive play , her physique and her ground strokes .
Thomas Högstedt -recently tuned Maria Sharapova and before her Chinese Li Na, works extremely confident when it comes to the important daily base that all change , of course, must jump off .
- Caroline 's great to work with. She is always positive , curious and eager to develop, and she is ready to work extremely hard.
- Is it realistic to dream of a Danish grand slam already in 2014?
- My goal is the same as with my former players : To make their game so well that they have a chance to win the grand slam tournaments, similar Högstedt , knowing how many things have to come together in a unit before one of the four major trophies in the house .
The 50 -year-old coach has for years been a close tennisven family Wozniacki but worked with other female star players has also taught him the wisdom of keeping a certain distance outside the chalk outline .
- How much should I be together, do you think? Only on the training pitch , or do you go by also developing a good, social relation ?
- We work together on the field during the physical training. Then Caroline his private life off the field. We eat together in between , but it is important that Caroline has its own life without my interference.
- How long has it been a desire for you to train Caroline ?
- I have worked with very good players and when I worked with Maria ( Sharapova , ed.) , I focused 100 percent on it. It was wonderful to work with a champion like Maria , and I can only say positive things about our relationship . I hope the same will be the case with Caroline , but it was not something I thought about while I was with Maria forward to our collaboration ended after Wimbledon.
- How early so you her potential?
- I trained with Caroline for the first time when she was 13-14 years old, and we trained again in the summer of 2010 , before she got her big upturn , so we know each other very well .
- How do you see her as a person ?
- She 's very positive , fun to be with and with a twinkle in his eye. She is very professional both on and off the field . Caroline is a very smart girl .
- What role do you see any of her father, Piotr Wozniacki in ?
- I have great confidence Piotr and know that he will always be the one that Caroline most listened to . His findings with Caroline speaks for itself . I am convinced that we will have a great partnership .
- It has earlier this year been suggestions that you did not want to travel so much more. Has the situation changed? And if so, how?
- We have not yet determined how much I travel , corresponds Thomas Högstedt that all very soon come to Caroline Wozniacki in Florida.