Sharapova: Wozniacki is a grinder
Sharapova has prepared herself well for Wozniacki's game and expects to have to work hard in tonight's final in Indian Wells.
When Caroline Woznacki tonight at 2000 hours Danish time goes on the pitch in the final of Indian Wells it is against a well prepared Russian Maria Sharapova.
Marathon games from the end line, tempo changes and lobs is some of what awaits Sharapova.
- She's a grinder. She makes you work hard on the field and gets many balls back and have great variety in her game.
- I certainly will not give her the chance to play her game, because she is a really good player. She's dangerous when she gets the opportunity to open the court and make you to run from side to side, says Maria Sharapova.
Ready for moonballs
Sharapova has already been through a few grueling matches during the tournament.
- I've certainly had to work for all my points here. I also feel that I might have done things a little harder than necessary. I forced several errors myself, says Maria Sharapova, who is also impressed with the balloon balls Wozniacki has served in the tournament.
- It was quite interesting. They were really high and were inside. It was really well done, and I do not think I can do the same, says Sharapova.
She is ready with a recipe for preventing the unusual balls.
- Usually when your opponent has time to hit higher balls or spin, it means that you give them the time, says Sharapova.
Wozniacki enjoys tournament
Sharapova leads 4-2 H2H against the Dane, who won the tournament in 2011. Wozniacki's most recent victory was also in Indian Wells.
Wozniacki is in the finals for the third time in the tournament.
- I really enjoy playing here, and you can see it. I have had good results here before and again this year. So one more match.
- I think I have run and worked and played really well this week. I have gotten to many balls and felt comfortable. It's a good week so far, says Wozniacki.
Original article here: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../17/131256.htm