Wozniacki's mother: Caroline was confused on the court
It did not help Caroline Wozniacki to switch tennis coach several times last year. Rather it confused more than it benefited.
That's the belief of Caroline Wozniacki's mother, Anna Wozniacki, who has followed her daughter's career from the sidelines for many years and therefore could see a difference in the last season.
- It was a tough year, although Caroline trained really well, so there was not the calm she needed. So she was sometimes confused on the field.
- That is just a waste of time. A tennis career too short for that, says Anna Wozniacki of Ekstra Bladet.
- Caroline is technically a better player than before. We know which player Caroline is and what she needs to be better at, and we continuously work on that, and we did also last year.
- But who may need some time before she becomes a better player, assesses Anna Wozniacki.
In 2012, both the Spaniard Ricardo Sanchez and Swede Thomas Johansson were fired as coach of Wozniacki because the collaboration was not functioning optimally with them.
- This year was a lesson for us. We got some good experience. We have learned a lot. We know where we are going and which direction we should take in the future, says Anna Wozniacki.
Father Piotr Wozniacki is back as coach of his daughter, and it is the best option, although it has led to harsh criticism, says the tennis family with Polish roots.
- It was not fun for anyone in our family. But what does not kill you, makes you stronger. It was especially detrimental to Piotr that he got so much criticism. He took it very personally.
- He came to doubt a little of his own values and thought: When everyone says I should step aside, it's probably true. But now we know that Caroline and Piotr belong together.
- For the've tried many things. They have grown up together, and they are in a way also grown together.
- With the temperament, Caroline has, it is not easy for others. She gotta listen, and you have to have great respect for each other in a collaboration, explains Anna Wozniacki.
Original article here: http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor...0204120702.htm