Caroline sends strong signal
Wozniacki's effort will make kompetitors fearful, says Sven Groeneveld, who though also acknowledges a great opponent.
"Well, she had her chances in 3rd sæt", Groenevald notes with a shrug of the shoulder.
- But she is up against a player with a lot of experience and apparent new inspiration and hunger. When you play against her, you know she'll change speed and rhythm and take long breaks. She does it to distract Caroline's rhythm and she is successful, says the Dutchman addressing Kuznetosova's toilet break and MTO.
- Is it gamemanship?
"She will have to live with it herself. She is happy to win, because she tricked her opponent.
He (Sven) was over-all satisfied with what he saw.
- Caroline could have controlled the match better in the beginning, but Kuznetsova surprises her a few times and plays some strong service games.
- When she is up a set, she has so much variation. She slices, drop shots, comes to the net, serves a kicker and then a flat (serve) down the T. So your concentration must be on high alert, are you to resist.
- But Caroline has shown her hunger to return to the highest level. It would have been a great reward for her to reach the QF.
- She can look herself in the mirror and mustn't feel ashamed about losing this match. And she sends a single to her competitors that the her warrior is back, and that will make competitors fear (her). As a warrior, she is one of the best.
Really, Sven? .. We are now celebrating, a player who used to be Germany (in football), has turned into England
(Sorry to the English, but I am quite sure you get the analogy).