Caroline Wozniacki Articles and Interviews - Page 207 - TennisForum.com
 171Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3091 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

In the article, Thomas Idskov, the clueless Danish journo, claims Pavl Duvill was Caro's physical trainer at the start of last season. I don't think she's worked with Duvill for a good 2 years now.

The usual Thomas Idskov errors aside, interesting to put some names to the 'Poles', Caro is working with now.

However, according to The Tennis Space article, Caro said : 'I have a new trainer and hitting partner from Poland' ..

Hitting partner *check*

But the trainer, is a physical trainer and not a tennis technique trainer/advisor?

On top of that, a dedicated Physio .. No wonder she looks so fit

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3092 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro won't be the only player wearing clothes by Stella anymore:

http://www.tennisidentity.com/tennis...s-collect.html
Well, couple of thoughts.

Adidas had to do something. Caro was sliding in performance and ranking and couldn't any longer carry the brand herself.

At least Caro isn't just dumped.

But perhaps, the Stella line was too elitist and not a commercial success? Why they merged it with an existing Adidas line and and incl Robson and Petkovic.

Not to be rude to neither Robson nor Petkovic, but the line is now clearly less prestigious and glamorous. Farm gal Laura in da house. Let's join Andy in the chicken dance

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #3093 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:48 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Chrissie-fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 13,780
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Well, couple of thoughts.

Adidas had to do something. Caro was sliding in performance and ranking and couldn't any longer carry the brand herself.

At least Caro isn't just dumped.

But perhaps, the Stella line was too elitist and not a commercial success? Why they merged it with an existing Adidas line and and incl Robson and Petkovic.

Not to be rude to neither Robson nor Petkovic, but the line is now clearly less prestigious and glamorous. Farm gal Laura in da house. Let's join Andy in the chicken dance


She looks a bit like Kate Middleton to me, actually. And she sounds upper class and posh to me as well. Not snobbish though, I think she's a nice enough kid.



Chrissie-fan is offline  
post #3094 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Don't want be mean to poor Andrea but she really was an unfortunate choice. I'm a bit surprised that they went for those 2 and overlooked someone like Kerber who has had great results lately. Well,guess that she's not such a pretty face .
As for Laura Robson, I think this can be a mixed blessing for her. Work for sponsors can take a lot from her time which she could otherwise use for training and polishing of her game. Oh well...
I think Caro feels the pressure now, no wonder she told in an interview about her plans to try get to no.1 again. Maybe sponsors had a word with her about her performance.
marineblue is offline  
post #3095 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,618
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Don't want be mean to poor Andrea but she really was an unfortunate choice. I'm a bit surprised that they went for those 2 and overlooked someone like Kerber who has had great results lately. Well,guess that she's not such a pretty face .
As for Laura Robson, I think this can be a mixed blessing for her. Work for sponsors can take a lot from her time which she could otherwise use for training and polishing of her game. Oh well...
I think Caro feels the pressure now, no wonder she told in an interview about her plans to try get to no.1 again. Maybe sponsors had a word with her about her performance.
I'm surprised they didn't include Maria K. She was the one who wore Stella outfits first. She's got the looks and is currently in the top 15.

As far as potential pressure from sponsors, Caro could just let those existing sponsorships end. She's got more than enough enough money to retire already. With her looks, Caro should be able to obtain some sponsorships even if her ranking is mediocre.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
Protoss is online now  
post #3096 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post


She looks a bit like Kate Middleton to me, actually. And she sounds upper class and posh to me as well. Not snobbish though, I think she's a nice enough kid.
At least you didn't compare her to Pippa *harks and spits*

My farm gal association comes from Laura's rather stockish movements.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #3097 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Legend : Good Wozniacki keeps her father

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1896763.ece

" First and foremost, Piotr has shown that he is sharp (intelligent, smart) and skilled (clever) on the training court and as coach during matches. There are numerous examples of this. Further, I am of the conviction that last year we saw, that both Sanchez and Johansson weren't able to give her that extra, which she needed. That's why it to me seems sensible that Piotr is back, says the 18 time Slam winner (Christ Evert).

"She wants to have her father involved. I think that's fine, so let it be this way. Piotr is very intelligent and it is obvious it provides Caroline security to have her father there, says (Darren) Cahill.

*About AO*

"It's difficult to say. Victoria, Sharapova and Serena looks strong and Caroline isn't quite where she needs to be. Firstly, she must take it easy, stay calm and focus on herself. Then the success will come", says Christ Evert, who in regards to trainer did like Wozniacki.

"I had my father as trainer my whole career and that worked out quite well", Evert says and grins.

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #3098 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Legend : Good Wozniacki keeps her father

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...cle1896763.ece

" First and foremost, Piotr has shown that he is sharp (intelligent, smart) and skilled (clever) on the training court and as coach during matches. There are numerous examples of this. Further, I am of the conviction that last year we saw, that both Sanchez and Johansson weren't able to give her that extra, which she needed. That's why it to me seems sensible that Piotr is back, says the 18 time Slam winner (Christ Evert).

"She wants to have her father involved. I think that's fine, so let it be this way. Piotr is very intelligent and it is obvious it provides Caroline security to have her father there, says (Darren) Cahill.

*About AO*

"It's difficult to say. Victoria, Sharapova and Serena looks strong and Caroline isn't quite where she needs to be. Firstly, she must take it easy, stay calm and focus on herself. Then the success will come", says Christ Evert, who in regards to trainer did like Wozniacki.

"I had my father as trainer my whole career and that worked out quite well", Evert says and grins.
That is an extremely diplomatic assessment concerning the current state of her game.

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
post #3099 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Senior Member
 
CWTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I don't give a shit!
Posts: 9,585
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Mirror, mirror... who's the fairest of them all? Robson joins Wozniacki and Kirilenko for an unconventional practice Down Under

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ten...medium=twitter

Caroline''Sunshine'' Wozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline  
post #3100 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 13th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 7,720
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

"
After a brutal first round loss at the hands of Jelena Jankovic last year, the teenager will be keen to prove herself in her tie with France's Benoit Paire.

It should be an evenly matched affair, with Paire ranked only one place below Robson, at 54th. "

Daily Mail at it's finest. It must be (in)famous Daily Mail 'source', who told them ...

SUNSHINE

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline  
post #3101 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Senior Member
 
CWTennis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: I don't give a shit!
Posts: 9,585
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

A Former No. 1 Is Seeking Stability
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/sp...?smid=tw-share

Caroline''Sunshine'' Wozniacki

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline  
post #3102 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 14th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,618
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
A Former No. 1 Is Seeking Stability
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/14/sp...?smid=tw-share
Inspirational? Haha. There's nothing in her play/results over the past year and a half that suggests that Caro is inspired.

Caro's Serena imitation is over a month old news, media.

Captain Matthew Gideon: I may have an idea.
Dureena Nafeel: I don't think you've recovered from your last good idea.
Captain Matthew Gideon: That would explain it.

Crusade: The Needs of Earth
Protoss is online now  
post #3103 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Senior Member
 
marineblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,594
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Take on today's match with Lisicki (fast,eh?):
http://www.changeovertennis.com/how-...pen-round-one/
marineblue is offline  
post #3104 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Senior Member
 
C. W. Fields's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 11,724
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Australian Open: Wozniacki d. Lisicki

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2013 /BY STEVE TIGNOR


MELBOURNE — It was clear from the start, and probably even before it began, that the first-rounder between Caroline Wozniacki vs. Sabine Lisicki was going to be a cut and dry affair. We knew that the bruisingly erratic Lisicki was going to hit big and, as Brad Gilbert would say, litter up the proverbial stat sheet. There would be a lot of winners and a lot of errors from her side. On the other end of the court, the undersized but tenacious Wozniacki was going to get the ball back and try to make Lisicki’s errors outnumber her winners. Wozniacki succeeded in an especially see-saw three sets, 2-6, 6-3, 6-3.

The match began on Lisicki’s racquet, and mostly stayed there. That was good news for the German in the first set. She broke immediately with a series of big returns, and broke again when Wozniacki, trying to fight back, began to send the ball long. Through seven games, Lisicki had a healthy 16 winners against a manageable 12 errors.

With Wozniacki putting so many balls in the court, though, it was only a matter of time before the terminally inconsistent Lisicki would lose the plot, or go off the rails, or melt down, or whatever metaphor you want to use to describe a bad streak of play. But while it was Lisicki who eventually gave away this match, Wozniacki did have a hand in turning it around in the second set. After holding serve on a couple of bad Lisicki overhits, Wozniacki took the first return of the next game, snapped a forehand down the line, and made a surprise charge to the net. The ambush won her the point, and she threw a defiant fist in the air. The atmosphere had changed. Wozniacki played the rest of the set with more conviction, and weathered the ups and downs from Lisicki. In the final game, Lisicki blew two break points by missing easy forehands by inches.

The third set was equally topsy-turvy. Lisicki began looking determined to leave the last train wreck behind; she went up 3-0 after a number of excellent rallies. Unfortunately, there was another, much bigger, more embarrassing train wreck ahead for her, and it lasted until the end of the match. With Wozniacki barking “C’mon” after every point, Lisicki buried backhands in the bottom of the net, sprayed forehands wide of the doubles alleys, stumbled while trying to hit a moonball, and appeared about to wipe out while sending an overhead five feet wide. When it was over, she couldn’t get off the court fast enough.

The match can easily be told in numbers: Wozniacki’s combined winners and errors was 20; Lisicki’s was 102. You could spin this as a step forward for Wozniacki, but while she showed her usual fight and even some initiative, the match really was won, and mostly lost, on Lisicki’s racquet.


http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UPUOyCecPwY


"undersized", that's a new term to describe Caro!?

Paul Annacone on Wozniacki: "Her biggest skill is to make you over play."
C. W. Fields is offline  
post #3105 of 5114 (permalink) Old Jan 15th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Senior Member
 
DownInAHole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 8,182
                     
Re: Articles and Interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
"undersized", that's a new term to describe Caro!?
That immediately struck me as odd too. Arguably Caroline's game is undersized but her physicality certainly is not. She's no giant but she is far from "small."

Don't get on the scale if U ain't got the weight
It's more hard to love than it is to hate


Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome