Tennis Forum banner

Top 10 female players of past 25 years

1K views 36 replies 19 participants last post by  aisha 
#1 ·
Who do you think are best 10 players of the past 25 years?!

My picks in no order:
Navratilova
Graf
Evert
Seles??!
Hingis
S.Williams
V.Williams
Davenport
ASV
Capriati

Your thoughts.

#2 ·
Nuriboy,
five mins ago you said you're not interesting in things which are "waaaayyyyy before your time"
What are you talking about now?
The past 25 years need someone who has at least a "feeling" for them.
(let alone knowledge, which is never enough in no field)
If you dont' care about the past, if you just badmouth Graf, if you didn't know Evert was a baseliner player, why caring about the last 25 years?
Are you just provoking people to react saying "no, graf is the best", "yes, but we know what happened" and so on?
And don't you know this has been discussed thousand times before?
Gee, you're funny, man!
:wavey:

#5 ·
I didn´t say I´m not interested in the past, but come on 40´s and 50´s?! My guess is that even your parents weren´t born then Way! so you´re admiting that you think that Graf is the best?!! Finally finally!! At least I come out for my favs.

#6 ·
1. Navratilova
2. Seles
3. Graf
4. Evert
5. Hingis
6. Sanchez-Vicario
7. Venus
8. Serena
9. Davenport
10. Mandlikova

#8 ·
1. Navratilova
2. Graf
3. Evert
4. Seles
5. Hingis
6. V. Williams
7. S. Williams
8. ASV
9. Davenport
10. Capriati

The top 3 are greats. Everyone else is "very good." Having Seles ahead of Graf or Evert is dimentia setting in.

#9 ·
1. Graf
2. Navratilova
3. Evert
4. Seles
5. Hingis
6. Venus
7. Serena
8. ASV
9. Davenport
10. Sabatini/ Capriati

#11 ·
Old Pammy piping in on my new boyfriend Nuri's thread! (NURI MAMA PAMMY IS HORNY!!! GET INTO CHAT ASAP SO WE CAN 'DO IT'!!!!

Here's my list-

1. Graf
2. Navratilova
3. Evert
4. Seles
5. Venus Williams
6. Hingis
7. Serena Williams
8. Mandlikova
9. Davenport
10. Sanchez Vicario

#12 ·
My parents were born 1920 and 1931.

My real chart, so?

1. Lenglen
Wills
Connolly
Court
Navratilova
Graf
(chrono order, rank on criteria)

7. Marble
Austin
Evert
Seles
(chrono order, rank on criteria)

Ah, you said last 25 years.
Ok, you do the cut, boy!
I can't separate history from reality!
:)

#14 ·
Isn't this the about the 348373494348328th time a thread with this title has been started?

nuriboy and selesadmirer, you all have really gotten this thread starting thing down to a fine art. :)

#15 ·
1. Navratilova, Seles
3. Evert
4. Hingis, Graf
6. Sanchez-Vicario
7. Venus, Serena
9. Davenport
10. Sabatini

#17 ·
Jakub said:
1. Navratilova, Seles
3. Evert
4. Hingis, Graf
6. Sanchez-Vicario
7. Venus, Serena
9. Davenport
10. Sabatini
Yeah, this is really the joke of the year !

Kuba, oœmieszy³eœ siê w moich (i nie tylko moich jak widze) oczach piszac to powyzej !

#18 ·
MarcusRock said:
1. Navratilova
2. Graf
3. Evert
4. Seles
5. Hingis
6. V. Williams
7. S. Williams
8. ASV
9. Davenport
10. Capriati

The top 3 are greats. Everyone else is "very good." Having Seles ahead of Graf or Evert is dimentia setting in.
The last 25 years means from 1977-2002.

For that you would have to not include some of Evert's Slams and records. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#19 ·
schris said:

Kuba, oœmieszy³eœ siê w moich (i nie tylko moich jak widze) oczach piszac to powyzej !
Ja na osi¹gniêcia Graf patrze nieco z innej perspektywy, dobrze wiesz z jakiej. W takiej sytuacji zdanie Twoje i Irmy mnie zupe³nie nie obchodzi :)

#21 ·
hingis-seles said:
The last 25 years means from 1977-2002.

For that you would have to not include some of Evert's Slams and records. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
From 1977 onward, Evert won 12 Grand Slams out of her 25 Grand Slam final appearances during that span. That's STILL better than what Seles has achieved to date (or WILL for that matter). Do research before you speak :eek:

Wanna roll your eyes at THAT? LOL.

#24 ·
In no order I'd say :

Martina Navratilova
Monica Seles
Steffi Graf
Chris Evert
Hana Mandlikova
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Martina Hingis
Tracy Austin
Arantxa Sanchez Vicario

I'm referring to Tracy Austin's tennis playing level here. I think another slam title for either Davenport or Capriati would dislodge one of th final three I listed.

#25 ·
Yous see Way. Not even your parents could answer questions about the 40´s and 50´s......so how can you expect me to answer question about that era?! I can talk from what I saw and I didn´t see any player of the 40´s in action or did you for that matter?!

#26 ·
1: Venus
2: Serena
3: Navratilova
4: Seles
5: Graph
6: Hingis
7: Evert
8: Davenport
9: ASV
10: Alexander Stevenson

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.