Can Jen really win against Ai? - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:26 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
PointBlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nine-Oh-One.
Posts: 16,154
                     
Post Can Jen really win against Ai?

Lately she has been in a MAJOR slump......everyone knows that but my point is Ai is great and so is Jen and in the h-t-h every match that one of them wins is winning easily but my points can Jen actually do it ?!?

fuck.
PointBlank is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
PointBlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nine-Oh-One.
Posts: 16,154
                     
-------------------Ai Sugiyama(JPN) vs Jennifer Capriati (USA) -------------------


1997-03-31 Hilton Head Clay R32 Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-1 6-0
1997-11-10 Philadelphia Indoor Carpet R32 Ai Sugiyama(JPN) 6-1 6-2
1998-08-03 San Diego Hardcourt R32 Ai Sugiyama(JPN) 5-7 6-2 6-2
2000-01-17 Australian Open Hardcourt QF Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-0 6-2
2002-08-05 Los Angeles Hardcourt QF Ai Sugiyama(JPN) 6-3 6-3
2002-08-12 Montreal Hardcourt R16 Jennifer Capriati (USA) 6-1 7-5
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tied 3:3
Hard: Tied 2:2
Clay: Jennifer Capriati (USA) leads 1:0
Grass: Tied 0:0
Indoor: Ai Sugiyama(JPN) leads 1:0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
who knows! and thanks Yucky BTW

fuck.
PointBlank is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 2,099
                     
Of course she can, this is the YEC for Christ's sakes. And her 2 match slump was during the Fall season, which she never does well in...... She has been in a fantastic, positive mood this week after a well needed vacation, and is fired up to win..... This reminds me of New Haven this year, and look how well she played there . I think the first set will be close, but once Jen is warmed up, it is bye-bye Ai in the 2nd set 7-5, 6-2!
CapFan#1 is offline  
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,722
                     
if capriati's hungry she will win

if she's not 100% motivated, ai has a (good) chance
jimbo mack is online now  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,722
                     
off topic quickly.....

i dont understand why people say capriati never does well in the fall, such UTTER BOLLOCKS!!!

look at her 2000 fall results......
jimbo mack is online now  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:33 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
PointBlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nine-Oh-One.
Posts: 16,154
                     
agree!

fuck.
PointBlank is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 76
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapFan#1
Of course she can, this is the YEC for Christ's sakes. And her 2 match slump was during the Fall season, which she never does well in...... She has been in a fantastic, positive mood this week after a well needed vacation, and is fired up to win..... This reminds me of New Haven this year, and look how well she played there . I think the first set will be close, but once Jen is warmed up, it is bye-bye Ai in the 2nd set 7-5, 6-2!
that's not a slump, she just plainly doesnt want to play,
plus, she sucks indoors, that's why she lost badly to Mary.

if i'm not mistaken, YEC is on carpet right?....
which Ai just practiced on while Jen cant do well on fast surface,
so i will give this one to Ai, if Ai gets this one,
she will enter a territory she has never been before..
the prestigious TOP 10
~KKman~ is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 2,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by james84
off topic quickly.....

i dont understand why people say capriati never does well in the fall, such UTTER BOLLOCKS!!!

look at her 2000 fall results......

Because she usually is burnt out by then after the USO.... IN 2000, she was injured for a good part of the year, and thus wasn't so burned out when the Fall season came around.

Look at 2001, 2002, and 2003.... all the same... not great results after a long successful year.
CapFan#1 is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,722
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KKman~
that's not a slump, she just plainly doesnt want to play,
plus, she sucks indoors, that's why she lost badly to Mary.

if i'm not mistaken, YEC is on carpet right?....
which Ai just practiced on while Jen cant do well on fast surface,
so i will give this one to Ai, if Ai gets this one,
she will enter a territory she has never been before..
the prestigious TOP 10

if u think capriati sucks on indoors, u dont know women's tennis at all
jimbo mack is online now  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:39 PM Thread Starter
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
PointBlank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Nine-Oh-One.
Posts: 16,154
                     
is YEC carpet?

fuck.
PointBlank is offline  
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Senior Member
 
jimbo mack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London
Posts: 8,722
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapFan#1
Because she usually is burnt out by then after the USO.... IN 2000, she was injured for a good part of the year, and thus wasn't so burned out when the Fall season came around.

Look at 2001, 2002, and 2003.... all the same... not great results after a long successful year.
u misunderstood my point, dont be thick
jimbo mack is online now  
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 2,099
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KKman~
that's not a slump, she just plainly doesnt want to play,
plus, she sucks indoors, that's why she lost badly to Mary.

if i'm not mistaken, YEC is on carpet right?....
which Ai just practiced on while Jen cant do well on fast surface,
so i will give this one to Ai, if Ai gets this one,
she will enter a territory she has never been before..
the prestigious TOP 10

Um, actually this is a hard court.....

03 Bank of America Tour Championships presented by Porsche Los Angeles, CA, USA $3,000,000 16/--/8 HI ....HI=Harcourt Indoor (from www.wtatour.com)

and Jen performed very well on this surface last year, after a similar Fall season and break. In fact Jen will be fresh and well rested, while Ai has had to play like a mad woman just to qualify, and will not be as fresh and rested as Jen.
CapFan#1 is offline  
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,189
                     
^^^ exactly james, i totally agree, Jen is one of the greats, she can win on any surface, and has one tournements on all 4 surfaces, so thats bullshit...Jen doesnt suck at anything concerning tennis, god, she was #1 Junior player in the world when SHE WAS ONLY 11!!!!!!!!!!
Trish101 is offline  
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 76
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by james84
if u think capriati sucks on indoors, u dont know women's tennis at all
one word......Alexandra Stevenson

Filderstadt Oct 13 2002
1 J Capriati(1) bye
2 A Stevenson-Q - J Capriati(1) 7-64 4-6 6-4

Zurich Oct 20 2002
1 J Capriati(1) bye
2 C Martinez - J Capriati(1) 6-0 6-3

Linz Oct 27 2002
1 J Capriati(1) bye
2 J Capriati(1) - P Suarez 6-4 6-4
QF A Stevenson - J Capriati(1) 6-1 6-1
~KKman~ is offline  
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 76
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapFan#1
Um, actually this is a hard court.....

03 Bank of America Tour Championships presented by Porsche Los Angeles, CA, USA $3,000,000 16/--/8 HI (from www.wtatour.com)

and Jen performed very well on this surface last year, after a similar Fall season and break. In fact Jen will be fresh and well rested, while Ai has had to play like a mad woman just to qualify, and will not be as fresh and rested as Jen.
thx.........Ai loves hardcourt.....
good luck Ai
~KKman~ is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome