This is amazing - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: x-files
Posts: 292
           
This is amazing

All last year Serena was playing on a bum knee we never found out anything about it unit the U.S. Open when she pulled out. Now every week we look around jhh is complaining about some ailment or the other but still she is playing every week. After every match she complains about her back or her knee and claims she does not know if she will be able to continue but yet she is back on the court. That's one thing about the sisters they never broadcast their ailments. When they are questioned about how they are doing health wise they always say they are doing fine. jhh always has some shit up her sleeves.
spooky is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Senior Member
 
UDiTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: earth
Posts: 2,670
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
All last year Serena was playing on a bum knee we never found out anything about it unit the U.S. Open when she pulled out. Now every week we look around jhh is complaining about some ailment or the other but still she is playing every week. After every match she complains about her back or her knee and claims she does not know if she will be able to continue but yet she is back on the court. That's one thing about the sisters they never broadcast their ailments. When they are questioned about how they are doing health wise they always say they are doing fine. jhh always has some shit up her sleeves.
Wasn't Serena's knee something that justed popped up after Wimbledon. I don't think it was a long time injury.

JuJu isn't a complainer like you make her sound. Alot of times the press ask how you're feeling and she tells the truth. Of course you're gonna feel sore in places after a long match and a long season.

Are you saying u wished JHH would hold it in and keep a poker face like you think the Willies do?!?

Queen Vee

UDiTY is offline  
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In an Iglo in Canada
Posts: 4,404
                     
YEAH, she does keep on playing!!
What spooky is saying is that Justine says she is sore and stuff and then the next day she is back on the court and completely fit. Nobody is forcing her to play this many tournies, if she does, she has no reason to complain. Sooner or later she will burn out as well.
CanadianBoy21 is offline  
post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Knizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 21,749
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~\/enus~
Wasn't Serena's knee something that justed popped up after Wimbledon. I don't think it was a long time injury.

JuJu isn't a complainer like you make her sound. Alot of times the press ask how you're feeling and she tells the truth. Of course you're gonna feel sore in places after a long match and a long season.

Are you saying u wished JHH would hold it in and keep a poker face like you think the Willies do?!?
Serena has had knee problems since last year, but it was always thought to be tendonitis as it was reported earlier this year at Scottsdale. She had to take anti-inflammatory drugs at Wimbledon and then after that she said she was bending over at home and she felt a pain that was more than just tendonitis and had it checked out and they found a tear. Apparently she had been playing on it for a long time.
Knizzle is offline  
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Astro Jetson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,290
                     
I have seen Venus and Serena play numerous times with a patch on their knee or a bandage and Serena said herself she was a "hypochondriac" (lol). Kim said she was mentally and physically tired this week. And Justine not only said it, but also looked like it (the cold sores). It is sports ok, and the most important thing in topsports is your physique, so it's natural that you are asked and talk about your health or how you are feeling at the mo.
So just shut it!

Allez Ju!

Blanche (to Rose): "What? Are you what is left out of your mind!!!??

"Let's follow the cops back home" (Placebo)
Astro Jetson is offline  
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:28 PM
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie
 
ys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: always on the move
Posts: 22,372
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICare4U
Sooner or later she will burn out as well.
No, she won't. Burning out is a result of excessive mental fatigue, and usually happens to players who are thinking a lot. That's not Henin.

"..just knowing that as long as i choose life, there is hope."

Je ne suis pas charlie

PLAY TENNIS!

No more obama, la-la-la-la-la-la
ys is offline  
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In an Iglo in Canada
Posts: 4,404
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce
I have seen Venus and Serena play numerous times with a patch on their knee or a bandage and Serena said herself she was a "hypochondriac" (lol). Kim said she was mentally and physically tired this week. And Justine not only said it, but also looked like it (the cold sores). It is sports ok, and the most important thing in topsports is your physique, so it's natural that you are asked and talk about your health or how you are feeling at the mo.
So just shut it!

If you are going to be fine the next day then it is not ok to talk about it.
She is a pro, SHE should keep it shut. This is pro tennis, not a fucking complaining campaign. How often do you see the top men complain in a way that Justine does, Justine does it almost every match. If women want equality, at least be though at the highest level of your sport. Justine showed she was that and more in the Us Open, but she surely doesn't back it up with her mouth.
CanadianBoy21 is offline  
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Martian Willow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Below the stars.
Posts: 6,695
                     
...damn Justine for actually playing tournaments...
Martian Willow is offline  
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In an Iglo in Canada
Posts: 4,404
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ys
No, she won't. Burning out is a result of excessive mental fatigue, and usually happens to players who are thinking a lot. That's not Henin.
ouch... are u saying henin doesn't have the capacity to think????
CanadianBoy21 is offline  
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In an Iglo in Canada
Posts: 4,404
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow
...damn Justine for actually playing tournaments...
no, but playing tournaments and complaining does not equal a champion.
What is she trying to achieve by saying "i'm tired" and then winning her match easily?
CanadianBoy21 is offline  
post #11 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 45,426
                     
Yeah.....I think what people are saying is that Juju is acting like some kind of drama queen. "Oh, Im hurting, my back, my back....but Im still winning...ooh, Im sooooo brave, Im sooo small, but Im winning. Dont you find me brave?!" Pluuuzzzzz!!

ENOUGH already!!!

Always bet on black!
Can you handle the truth?
The truth:
Serena Williams: Greatest African-American tennisplayer in history
22 majors:6376


Official Prince of the Royal Court
bandabou is offline  
post #12 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Catskill Mtns., NY, USA
Posts: 1,564
                     
It's just the hatemongers as usual. You have fans who are enraged over who is or isn't #1 (and I've seen this going back to when Hingis was #1 in 2000), and are basically making everybody else suffer through public displays of hatred.
Ted of Teds Tennis is offline  
post #13 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:54 PM
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie
 
ys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: always on the move
Posts: 22,372
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandabou
Yeah.....I think what people are saying is that Juju is acting like some kind of drama queen. "Oh, Im hurting, my back, my back....but Im still winning...ooh, Im sooooo brave, Im sooo small, but Im winning. Dont you find me brave?!" Pluuuzzzzz!!

ENOUGH already!!!
I would post again that interview of Myskina about Justine's acting, but what's a point, we all know that very well even without that.

"..just knowing that as long as i choose life, there is hope."

Je ne suis pas charlie

PLAY TENNIS!

No more obama, la-la-la-la-la-la
ys is offline  
post #14 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:55 PM
country flag ys
Adrenaline junkie
 
ys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: always on the move
Posts: 22,372
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted of Teds Tennis
It's just the hatemongers as usual. You have fans who are enraged over who is or isn't #1 (and I've seen this going back to when Hingis was #1 in 2000), and are basically making everybody else suffer through public displays of hatred.
ted, I told you already, go back to rst, this is not your audience..

"..just knowing that as long as i choose life, there is hope."

Je ne suis pas charlie

PLAY TENNIS!

No more obama, la-la-la-la-la-la
ys is offline  
post #15 of 120 (permalink) Old Oct 19th, 2003, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: x-files
Posts: 292
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~\/enus~
Wasn't Serena's knee something that justed popped up after Wimbledon. I don't think it was a long time injury.

JuJu isn't a complainer like you make her sound. Alot of times the press ask how you're feeling and she tells the truth. Of course you're gonna feel sore in places after a long match and a long season.

Are you saying u wished JHH would hold it in and keep a poker face like you think the Willies do?!?
It was reported that Serena was play with a bum knee for over a year.
spooky is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome