1. 2002 final, Capriati def. Hingis. Maybe because it's fresh in my mind, but nothing else could possibly compare to that drama
2. 1998 3rd round, Hingis def. Kournikova. Amazing match, and if it wasn't for an insane drop-shot at 4-4 in the 3rd set, I believe Kournikova would have taken it. And how her career would have been different.
3. 1999 semi, Mauresmo def. Davenport. How out of the blue was this? Heralding a new talent - and how.
1. 1999 final, Graf. def. Hingis. Do I need to say anything?
2. 1997 final, Majoli def. Hingis. Yay Iva!
this was when I became a fan - after the first game, I switched allegiance from Martina to Iva and haven't looked back since.
3. 2001 final, Capriati def. Clijsters. Such tension!
1. 1993 final, Graf def. Novotna. The first tennis match I ever watched. What a baptism.
2. 1998 final, Novotna def. Tauziat. With literally everyone in the country cheering her on, Novotna realised her dream. Really moving.
3. 1998 3rd round, Davenport def. Vento. I know how many classic matches are being left out, but this was the first match I ever saw live, the first time I'd ever been to a tournament.
1. 1997 semi, V.Williams def. Spirlea. The bump, the scintillating tennis, the tension - this match had it all. I was already a Spirlea fan, and by the end - despite the mutual loathing on court - I was a Venus fan as well. Although I was still disappointed that Spirlea didn't win, after taking out Kournikova, Coetzer and Seles.
2. 2000 semi, V.Williams def. Hingis. It's all about the tennis, and this match had it. Even when two points from defeat, you still felt destiny pulling Venus along - and I don't believe in destiny.
3. 1997 3rd round, Novotna def. Lucic.
at where Lucic is now, and where she was heading then.