The reason why I ask this question is because since everyone has claimed the reason Venus was booed in 2001 semis, and 2002 semis among other matches is because:
1. She is not the underdog, and the poor little girl on the other side of the net deserves support.
2. She is always winning everything, too dominant. She never loses anything and we want to see new winner
3. Venus and Serena are destroying tennis with their dominance
We don't want the Williams sisters to win all the time.
Fast forward 1 1/2 years later
1. Venus has not won a slam in 1 1/2 years losing to her little sister which is a consolation, but not the goal of a champion.
Other girls are being touted as the favorite for the open. They have made Venus the underdog.
2. Venus has been injured and has not won everything as of late, and these injuries has hampered her progress.
3. No Serena here so people cannot cry about how the sisters are destroying tennis at the USO.
Now, if Venus gets booed at the USO now then I know for sure that it's racism and their will be no denying it. Sorry, but if Venus meets up against Justine or Kim and the crowd starts to react like they did in the 2001 semis against Capriati, and the 2002 semis against Amelie then that will confirm it.