Originally Posted by Trish101
What are your opinions? I think today it would have to be Monica seles followed by Lyndsay Davenport and the william sisters after that...i know they have the official list @ wtatour.com...
This is what I predict the top ten women in the tour right now will have in prize money at the end of there careers!
1. Serena Williams- 32.8 million
2. Monica Seles- 26.6 million
2. Venus Williams- 25.7 million (if she doesnt quit first!)
3. Lyndsay Davenport- 22.8 Million
4. Jennifer Capriati- 19.6 million
5. Kim Clijsters- 17.5 million
6. Justine Henin- 15.8 million
7. Amelie Mauresmo- 12.8 million
8. Anastasia Myskina- 10.9 million (maybe more)
9. Chanda Rubin- 9.8 million
10. Daniela Hantuchova 8.2 million
*** IF Jennifer plays another 5 yrs
***IF ALL players play another 8 yrs WITH Exception to Lyndsay and Monica!
***This is only a fantasy scenerio although i do think (with the rising of prize money yearly) that eventually most tournements will eventually reach the 1 million mark or + in the next 5-10 yrs with the rising popularity of womens tennis thus accounting for the large total career ending prize money of each individual player
please feel free to add your OWN list !
These are the calculations you've made :
Davenport : + 7 in ??? 5 years
Seles : + 12 in ??? 5 years ????????????????????
Venus : +13 in 8 years
Serena : +21 in 8 years
Capriati : +12 in 5 years
Clijsters : +12 in 8 years
Henin : + 11 in 8 years
Mauresmo : +9 in 8 years
Clijsters, Henin and Serena are clearly the youngest of these players.
Why do you think that Mauresmo will play as long as Kim, while Kim is a lot younger than Mauresmo.
Why do you think Seles and Capriati will earn 2 times as much as Justine,Kim, Venus and even Davenport the next years ? That's not very realistic.
The biggest winners the next years will be Serena, Venus and Kim (a lot of money at the Championships) and then ????.