Doctor: Serena has a viral illness - Page 20 - TennisForum.com

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,995
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

From someone who does go to med school...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylane View Post
In general, when doctors don't know, they say it's something viral.
Bullshit. You don't knowingly give a wrong diagnosis just because you're not sure. That is negligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylane View Post
I don't think the doctors had time to make exams to be sure it's a viral illness. Not sure a viral illness makes you so dazzy and disoriented like that.
You haven't specialized in virology. What do you know about the symptoms of specific viruses or the amount of time it takes to make the right diagnosis?

Stop censorship
Alexandros is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,995
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Excellent article. Willytards' attempt to frame everything as an attack on Serena doesn't fly. What is happening is that Serena's acting odd and her explanation doesn't add up. It's easy to konw when Serena's faking it. She's a bad actress who is very unconvincing when trying to cover up something. She gets into a faux calm after first getting hysterical and crying and what not. Exactly like the post Stosur (2011 USO final) press conference where she was ridiculously calm and trying as if she wan't terribly upset on court minutes earlier.

And that photo was a PR bullshit (her weave is on, there is a Gatorade mug and of course major sponsor Apple Inc's logo prominently front and center. Just about as spontaneous as Sharapova craving sweets.
Perfect example of people with no medical knowledge clinging onto the opinions of other ignorant people to confirm their own preconcieved ideas.

TF.

Stop censorship
Alexandros is offline  
post #288 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:26 PM
-PREMIUM MEMBER-
 
Mahogany Pluto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Juraisei
Posts: 8,395
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
From someone who does go to med school...

Bullshit. You don't knowingly give a wrong diagnosis just because you're not sure. That is negligence.

You haven't specialized in virology. What do you know about the symptoms of specific viruses or the amount of time it takes to make the right diagnosis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Btw to all of you in general. Fuck y'all. Choke on a phallus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
Perfect example of people with no medical knowledge clinging onto the opinions of other ignorant people to confirm their own preconcieved ideas.

TF.
Lol, Alexandros. You are on this.

I love it when the door is so firmly shut on ignorant bastards' faces.

I still don't understand those of you who are saying things like "I have no medical knowledge, but...". You have none, so unless you're agreeing with the doctor, sit your uppity selves back down.

Veesus Williams, Sister Serena Jamaica Price, and Petra
Mahogany Pluto is offline  
post #289 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Olórin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 13,636
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Excellent article. Willytards' attempt to frame everything as an attack on Serena doesn't fly. What is happening is that Serena's acting odd and her explanation doesn't add up. It's easy to konw when Serena's faking it. She's a bad actress who is very unconvincing when trying to cover up something. She gets into a faux calm after first getting hysterical and crying and what not. Exactly like the post Stosur (2011 USO final) press conference where she was ridiculously calm and trying as if she wan't terribly upset on court minutes earlier.

And that photo was a PR bullshit (her weave is on, there is a Gatorade mug and of course major sponsor Apple Inc's logo prominently front and center. Just about as spontaneous as Sharapova craving sweets.
LOL, she's faking someone else's opinion not even directly connected to her or her team?

You are consistently a pathetic joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alla Luce View Post
(1)A lot is being made of the record Serena has vs Sharapova. It is being used as THE reason she will win again lol. Good thing we have players like Tomas Berdych (who had an even worse record vs Nadal) to remind us of the fallacy of this nonsense logic.
(2)You stans may as well sleep well tonight because tomorrow the a replay of Lucie's winning moment over and over again will haunt your dreams for weeks to come
(3)The stars have aligned perfectly for the upset of the 21st century. All the best Garbine
(4) There is no path to victory for Williams.Keys wins in straight easy sets.
Olórin is offline  
post #290 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
From someone who does go to med school...

Bullshit. You don't knowingly give a wrong diagnosis just because you're not sure. That is negligence.

You haven't specialized in virology. What do you know about the symptoms of specific viruses or the amount of time it takes to make the right diagnosis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
Lol, Alexandros. You are on this.

I love it when the door is so firmly shut on ignorant bastards' faces.

I still don't understand those of you who are saying things like "I have no medical knowledge, but...". You have none, so unless you're agreeing with the doctor, sit your uppity selves back down.
And yet, all of you felt qualified to assert that Sharapova was faking her shoulder injury last summer despite similarly having no medical qualifications
dsanders06 is offline  
post #291 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:34 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 36,096
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
And yet, all of you felt qualified to assert that Sharapova was faking her shoulder injury last summer despite similarly having no medical qualifications
Oh, look what the cat dragged in? Who is this "all of you"? Nevermind. It doesn't even matter. In any case, I don't see how this thread is about Sharapova.
edificio is offline  
post #292 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,995
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
And yet, all of you felt qualified to assert that Sharapova was faking her shoulder injury last summer despite similarly having no medical qualifications
All of you? Do not even bring my name into this because i have never once made a comment on her shoulder issues. Fall back and sit your ass down.

Stop censorship
Alexandros is offline  
post #293 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Senior Member
 
mirzalover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Posts: 7,695
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Excellent article. Willytards' attempt to frame everything as an attack on Serena doesn't fly. What is happening is that Serena's acting odd and her explanation doesn't add up. It's easy to konw when Serena's faking it. She's a bad actress who is very unconvincing when trying to cover up something. She gets into a faux calm after first getting hysterical and crying and what not. Exactly like the post Stosur (2011 USO final) press conference where she was ridiculously calm and trying as if she wan't terribly upset on court minutes earlier.

And that photo was a PR bullshit (her weave is on, there is a Gatorade mug and of course major sponsor Apple Inc's logo prominently front and center. Just about as spontaneous as Sharapova craving sweets.
Beyond me not agreeing with your post in general this part right here...Sir/Mam its a weave...weave stays on your head...you can wear your weave when you shower/play sports/swim/cook/SLEEP/ARE SICK and still...your weave will be attached to your head. Your logic is flawed.

Last edited by mirzalover; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 09:46 PM.
mirzalover is offline  
post #294 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 15,796
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
All of you? Do not even bring my name into this because i have never once made a comment on her shoulder issues. Fall back and sit your ass down.
I'll take your word for that, but did you criticise the many, MANY Serena fans who were claiming she was faking her injury and telling them they weren't doctors and had no idea? I don't remember you saying that either.

Last edited by dsanders06; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
dsanders06 is offline  
post #295 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:45 PM
Senior Member
 
ACEof DIAMONDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,035
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

A virus??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Serena was either drunk or high on pain pills. If you've never done pain pills before she was acting exactly how I'd expect someone playing tennis on them to act.

Or the only other explanation is she's faking since she's not the Queen anymore. New crop is here and thank god! Women's tennis need it!
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline  
post #296 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Alexandros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 13,995
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
I'll take your word for that, but did you criticise the many, MANY Serena fans who were claiming she was faking her injury and telling them they weren't doctors and had no idea? I don't remember you saying that either.
I don't even know when that happened? The only comments regarding her shoulder that i have ever come across were those made by different users to take a dig at her like calling her Doublefaultbot for example.

Stop censorship
Alexandros is offline  
post #297 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:53 PM
Senior Member
 
brickhousesupporter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: it is all about location
Posts: 15,728
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Can't believe people are mad at Pam and Chrissie....They are well versed in the alcohol and drug induced, wife swapping parties......if anyone knows the signs of drug and alcohol abuse it is them....

I am not conceited, I am just convinced
brickhousesupporter is offline  
post #298 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
mdterp01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 14,263
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Chile this thread is comical. How many of y'all have MD after your names??'

WTA=WILLIAMS TENNIS ASSOCIATION
Venus Williams Wimbledon Champion (00,01,05,07,08)
US Open Champion (00,01)

Serena Williams Australian Open Champion (03,05,07,09,10,15)
French Open Champion (02,13,15)
Wimbledon Champion (02,03,09,10,12,15)
US Open Champion (99,02,08,12,13,14)
mdterp01 is offline  
post #299 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Saraya!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 52,407
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEof DIAMONDS View Post
A virus??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Serena was either drunk or high on pain pills. If you've never done pain pills before she was acting exactly how I'd expect someone playing tennis on them to act.

Or the only other explanation is she's faking since she's not the Queen anymore. New crop is here and thank god! Women's tennis need it!

Serena Williams

Simply Serena-simply the best

#22
Saraya! is offline  
post #300 of 374 (permalink) Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
Senior Member
 
ACEof DIAMONDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,035
                     
Re: Doctor: Serena has a viral illness

Don't need to be a MD to know what someone on pain pills looks and acts like. There's actually nothing wrong with taking pain pills either, but if you overdo it and when they finally do hit your system, you'll be helpless. You'll move around just like that, almost as if you're asleep on your feet. It could be a simple case Serena overdid it on the pain pills, and they started to kick in the closer she got to her match and went full strength at the worst time possible. It's an unfortunate circumstance but entirely plausible.

Serena fans you want it to be something like this and nothing Major so get your heads out of your asses. This is not a simple case of a viral infection, anyone with common sense and 1 good eye who saw that series of events knows this. If there was an underlying problem with Serena, as a fan wouldn't you want her to get better and get help? Don't understand the line of attacking people who are bringing up legitimate reasons why what happened the other day happened. Faking it is one of those reasons as well no matter how bad some of you don't want to admit it.

DEAL WITH IT!
ACEof DIAMONDS is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome