Let's get the facts straight about that handraising thing, OK ?
1. Yes, Justine raised her hand.
2. Serena didn’t see it, served and missed it, then noticed that Justine was holding her hand up.
3. Serena asked Diaz if she gets a first serve, then said that Justine raised her hand.
4. Diaz asked Justine about that, but you could neither hear nor see what her answer was.
5. Diaz said “I didn’t see it” and didn’t give Serena a first serve.
I don’t know whether Justine lied or not and whether Serena’s cold hand-shake was deserved or not.
Fact is: The result was not unfair for Serena. She was willing to serve and wasn’t influenced when serving as she didn’t see Justine. So it was a normal 1st serve missed. Logically she didn’t deserve another one.
Last edited by GoDominique; Jun 5th, 2003 at 09:53 PM.