Some reverse psychology for Jennifer and Lindsay... - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Louisiana USA
Posts: 1,217
                     
Some reverse psychology for Jennifer and Lindsay...

When Jennifer plays Lindsay she needs to go in like she is playing Serena. For some reason even though Jenn has lost to Serena in the past so many times it seems as though Jenn has "that fire" and determination. But when she plays against Lindsay who is a step slower the Rena, it seems as though she is lost.

As for Lindsay, same thing. She needs to pretend that Serena is Jennifer when she plays Rena. I know this sounds strange. But I am trying to make a point.

It amazes me how some people go into a match so differently with diff opponents. I would almost prefer Jennifer to face Serena than Lindsay.
Shane54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
serena has problems playing jen. I think all those beat downs in 2001 unnerved her and she never never ever wants to lose to jen again which is why she gets so jittery and anxious. You never see serena like that when she plays lindsay.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Louisiana USA
Posts: 1,217
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
serena has problems playing jen. I think all those beat downs in 2001 unnerved her and she never never ever wants to lose to jen again which is why she gets so jittery and anxious. You never see serena like that when she plays lindsay.

Exactly, it seems as though all 3 are totally different players when they play a certain other
Shane54 is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 12:46 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 27,278
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
serena has problems playing jen. I think all those beat downs in 2001 unnerved her and she never never ever wants to lose to jen again which is why she gets so jittery and anxious. You never see serena like that when she plays lindsay.
Agree with that. JenCap has good matches with Serena and Lindsay though - it's not a complete stretch of imagination to see her winning a couple. It's against Venus that she needs to sort herself out.
Kart is offline  
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Senior Member
 
tennnisfannn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,306
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kart
Agree with that. JenCap has good matches with Serena and Lindsay though - it's not a complete stretch of imagination to see her winning a couple. It's against Venus that she needs to sort herself out.
Considering how many times jen has played bopth Lindsay and venus compared to only four times against venus, it is difficult to judge how mental it is to play Venus for her. Venus on the other can be very crisp for tournys in a row and then play a macth she doesn't show up in at all. Who knows, if jen meets her when she is off that could unlock it for her! On the other hand, Venus and serena play jen like it is personal and they always rise against her. At the year end champs Serena wasn't really crisp, beat jelena 7/6 and 6/0. (jelena is one of those player when she loses a set packs up esp against top player) Jen also rose to meet serena coz serena seems to do this in her. Serena was ripe for the taking and Kim actually it the next day.
tennnisfannn is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 2003, 09:08 AM
xin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 349
     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane54
When Jennifer plays Lindsay she needs to go in like she is playing Serena. For some reason even though Jenn has lost to Serena in the past so many times it seems as though Jenn has "that fire" and determination. But when she plays against Lindsay who is a step slower the Rena, it seems as though she is lost.

As for Lindsay, same thing. She needs to pretend that Serena is Jennifer when she plays Rena. I know this sounds strange. But I am trying to make a point.

It amazes me how some people go into a match so differently with diff opponents. I would almost prefer Jennifer to face Serena than Lindsay.
Very good thought. It's so true imo. And this is one of the fun thing in tennis.
xin is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome