Williams sisters - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
Williams sisters

I love the Williams sisters. I think they are tremendous athletes and they play their game really well. I think the best thing about them is probably their mental game, but I've got to ask, does everyone expect them to win every GS title until they retire? It seems that way, a lot of the posters just write off the Belgians, Davenport, Mauresmo, Capriati because they expect the Williams sisters to kinda just win these titles. I mean I will not deny the fact that they are capable of winning all of them but I wouldn't count off everyone else.
shap_half is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:44 PM
country flag SJW
Senior Member
 
SJW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Allez
Posts: 11,016
                     
expect.....nope not at all
hope? anything for Serena

but at the moment, they are still a few levels above everyone else, and Serena is a few levels above Venus
SJW is offline  
post #3 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 2,182
                     
Now that is a hypocritical thread from you sharp_half, when their fans have spent the last 2 days defending them from the insults you have been hauling at them. If what you understood was that they expected to win all GS, then that is really good. Ambitious people aim for the skies....
And yes we expect them to win, we want them to win, we hope they win... welcome to real life
servenrichie is offline  
 
post #4 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by servenrichie
Now that is a hypocritical thread from you sharp_half, when their fans have spent the last 2 days defending them from the insults you have been hauling at them. If what you understood was that they expected to win all GS, then that is really good. Ambitious people aim for the skies....
And yes we expect them to win, we want them to win, we hope they win... welcome to real life
i have not been insulting them. i have never denied them of their talent or their grip on the wta. i ask this question because a lot of people are writing of the chances of other players to win the big titles until they retire. i don't see how that is hypocritical. it's funny how people are so determined to point fingers when they have no clue what they are talking about. just because i find other atheletes to be just as capable of defeating the sisters doesn't mean i have completely neglected the sisters' own abilities.
shap_half is offline  
post #5 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,386
 


Another thread about the "Sisters" from a non-fan...

Shit, as much as all you non-fans obsess about the sisters...you might as well "come out the closet" LOL

VENUS. ANA, TAY TAY. NICOLE. LAURA. KONJUH. MADISON

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA. FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. PENG. SORANA. ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. ANETT. DANKA. DONNA. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline  
post #6 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
omg, i never said i wasn't a fan. i like everyone. just because i like them doesn't mean i'm expecting them to win everything. and there are otehr players i like more than others. goodness not everything is a straight line in life. get over it
shap_half is offline  
post #7 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Experimentee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,064
                     
Theres so many Williams haters who pretend they like them...its really quite sad.
Experimentee is offline  
post #8 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Manhattan,NYC
Posts: 2,057
                     
I hope they win everything in sight same as anyone else's fans....How do you factor in if you also have other favs such as Chand and Alex and Amelie?...hmmmmmm

When I think of life, sometimes my response is "Oh Damn!". But I still think of life anyway, "Oh Damn!!!"
maccardel is offline  
post #9 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 2,182
                     
shap_half wrote:

if the williams sisters are so gifted with the talent to produce variety in their game - and not just variety but well done varied skills - then how come they've never used them? and don't give me they never needed to because each have lost to another player (shaughnessy and henin-hardenne). i mean if their normal hard hitting and over powering tactics weren't working then isn't it just common sense to change their game to prevent themselves from losing? i mean if these arsenal of skills are available to them why not use them at time of danger?

someone explain to me why they've never shown these skills if they have them?
==
You've said it all. It is not part of the Williams sisters game to include more finese shots because they do not have them. What kind of fool who has the ability to choose other shots to make themselves less predictable and vulnerable doesn't use them at a time of danger unless they don't have them!?!?!? If it's their game plan to use the bang and hit strategy eventhough it's not working while there are alternative shots available to them that they are also good at, then it's either their stupid and lucky or everyone else has not caught up that they will not change what they are doing.
================

What i hate most is people with ver short memories. The above post is sample of you never "dening they had talent"....
servenrichie is offline  
post #10 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
i think it's sadder that there are people who expect that if others like A they immediately don't like B.
shap_half is offline  
post #11 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 2,182
                     
No sad is your pretence and stupidity!
servenrichie is offline  
post #12 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by servenrichie
shap_half wrote:

if the williams sisters are so gifted with the talent to produce variety in their game - and not just variety but well done varied skills - then how come they've never used them? and don't give me they never needed to because each have lost to another player (shaughnessy and henin-hardenne). i mean if their normal hard hitting and over powering tactics weren't working then isn't it just common sense to change their game to prevent themselves from losing? i mean if these arsenal of skills are available to them why not use them at time of danger?

someone explain to me why they've never shown these skills if they have them?
==
You've said it all. It is not part of the Williams sisters game to include more finese shots because they do not have them. What kind of fool who has the ability to choose other shots to make themselves less predictable and vulnerable doesn't use them at a time of danger unless they don't have them!?!?!? If it's their game plan to use the bang and hit strategy eventhough it's not working while there are alternative shots available to them that they are also good at, then it's either their stupid and lucky or everyone else has not caught up that they will not change what they are doing.
================

What i hate most is people with ver short memories. The above post is sample of you never "dening they had talent"....
when did i ever say here they aren't talented. most of this are inquiries. i think if you want to catch me saying the sisters are talented you're going to need to do a better job. yes please exlpain to me how this "evidence" shows i don't like the sisters or that i think they aren't talented enough to win grand slam titles. this was part of thread between justine and the sisters. just because i feel justine is more talented in some aspects of the game than the sisters does not mean i
a) don't like serena or venus and
b) don't think they are talented.

get over it
shap_half is offline  
post #13 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,386
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half
i think it's sadder that there are people who expect that if others like A they immediately don't like B.
I think its sadder that you can't admit what you wrote...or maybe you didnt really comprehend your own words

If it makes you feel any better, I believe you when you say you like them...

VENUS. ANA, TAY TAY. NICOLE. LAURA. KONJUH. MADISON

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA. FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. PENG. SORANA. ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. ANETT. DANKA. DONNA. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline  
post #14 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:08 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
shap_half's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 15,110
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by servenrichie
No sad is your pretence and stupidity!
my pretence and stupidity??!!? this is a good one really. the best i've been called. let's quit calling people words we don't understand. i've never dropped down to call anyone here anything rude or inappropriate so quite while you THINK you're ahead
shap_half is offline  
post #15 of 51 (permalink) Old Apr 17th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 2,182
                     
Yea right or else somebody composed his above rubbish for him. LOL, the boy doesnt even understand what he wrote.
The things you meet here...
servenrichie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome