Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimike View Post
It looks like her book (English version) is only available in Australia for now.
I can't find it on amazon UK.

IMG - Li has more than 110K followers on Facebook now, do some work please.
22 million+ followers on Weibo, though.

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:33 AM
セロトニン
 
TIEFSEE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Embrace
Posts: 99,314
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

Who among the top 10 tennis players do you most enjoy playing against?

[Petra] Kvitova, because we are very good friends. We can talk a lot about not only tennis, but…about women's lives. You fight a lot on the court, but off the court, we're friends. Even during a match I can get so angry at her coach, but after, we have fun.

Kvitova is hitting on husbands now. Madame Li, hold your D.

SINOBUZ 八段目指

Tennis Tipping:
Singles (CHR#17) - Copenhagen 10 Beijing 11 Pattaya 12
Doubles (CHR#1) - Cincinnati 09 Hobart 16(w/Drake1980) ; Auckland Copenhagen 10 Palermo 11 Stuttgart Baku 12 Palermo 13 (w/Richie's) ; Monterrey 14 (w/Adrian.) USO 14 Moscow Hong Kong New Haven 15(w/Frederik) Prague Madrid Birmingham 16 (w/Buitenzorg)
TIEFSEE is offline  
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2013, 04:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Baby-Na's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brissy
Posts: 165,994
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepher View Post
Who among the top 10 tennis players do you most enjoy playing against?

[Petra] Kvitova, because we are very good friends. We can talk a lot about not only tennis, but…about women's lives. You fight a lot on the court, but off the court, we're friends. Even during a match I can get so angry at her coach, but after, we have fun.

Kvitova is hitting on husbands now. Madame Li, hold your D.
I remember Na said something like "I really like Kvitova a lot, but I am not a le.....".

Golden Flowers' Slams


Asian GOAT Na Li(2): 2011 & 2014
Doubles specialist Shuai Peng(2): 2013 & 2014
Retirement Village: Zi(2), Jie(2) & Tiantian(1 + 1 OG Gold)

"Heart problems", "medical reasons"...
Baby-Na is offline  
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 183
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

To the western world, Li Na isn't really a "bad girl" because in the west, the culture is mostly very open and encourages extroversion. However, in China, the culture in general, can be reserved and quite conservative. To a traditional Chinese person, Li would be considered a "bad girl" for her openness, her straight-talking and her fighter attitude. She's not demure, doesn't bow down to her husband and is outspoken in the way she shoots from the hip.

I think Li Na is great. She's fun, sassy, brash, bold, a pioneer in Chinese tennis. Most of all, her heart is the biggest and best thing about her.
Adidas Dude is offline  
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Tampering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 5,726
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adidas Dude View Post
To the western world, Li Na isn't really a "bad girl" because in the west, the culture is mostly very open and encourages extroversion. However, in China, the culture in general, can be reserved and quite conservative. To a traditional Chinese person, Li would be considered a "bad girl" for her openness, her straight-talking and her fighter attitude. She's not demure, doesn't bow down to her husband and is outspoken in the way she shoots from the hip.

I think Li Na is great. She's fun, sassy, brash, bold, a pioneer in Chinese tennis. Most of all, her heart is the biggest and best thing about her.
Yes her personality and willingness to put herself first ahead of any system is very unusual for a Chinese and a Chinese woman at that. It's what makes her special.
Tampering is offline  
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old Dec 15th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,129
                     
Re: Tough at the Top : Chinese Champion Li Na on Life in and Out of Tennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy-Na View Post
I remember Na said something like "I really like Kvitova a lot, but I am not a le.....".


Na
TennisGhost is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome