Monica will *never* win another Slam. LIVE WITH IT. - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Light-skinned Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,014
                     
Monica will *never* win another Slam. LIVE WITH IT.

I *know* it and so do *many* other people who post here. Monica does *not* have the *stamina* to win 7 matches in a row *especially* beating the *top* players. It's been almost *5* years since she was in a Slam final. That's *enough* proof that she *won't* win another Slam.
Light-skinned Girl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
*That's* what they *said* about *Sampras* and *Agassi*
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:04 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,109
                     
No need to stoop to SR's level.....

However, your statement is a bit more realistic than his.
WtaTour4Ever is offline  
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,109
                     
*That* is so *true* Rebecca
WtaTour4Ever is offline  
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:06 PM
Women's locker room towel-guy
 
Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,511
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
*That's* what they *said* about *Sampras* and *Agassi*
ROTFL!

Rebecca's responses are priceless. For everything else, there's MasterCard.
Spirit is offline  
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Light-skinned Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,014
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WtaTour4Ever
No need to stoop to SR's level.....

However, your statement is a bit more realistic than his.
I *know* but I got sick of him using Anna as a *scapegoat*. I *know* people who post here think the *same* way about Monica *but* people get too *cautious* to say it *because* of Monica's stabbing.
Light-skinned Girl is offline  
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,163
                     
Why *are* you *bashing* Monica? *I* just don't *get* your *point*. So *what* if *she never wins *another* slam. It's *not* like anyother *active* player *has* anywhere *near* nine. I'm *just* thankful* for *every* match *she* plays.
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Light-skinned Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,014
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
*That's* what they *said* about *Sampras* and *Agassi*
Pete can *out-serve* the others. Andre can *out-hit* the others. Monica *can't* do either against the *top* players. She also *can't* out-run the *fastest* players. 3 strikes *against* Monica.
Light-skinned Girl is offline  
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:10 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,163
                     
So you're bashing a tennis player based on one person's comments... Hmmm, interesting...
AjdeNate! is offline  
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,109
                     
I see your point

Okay seriously I can't read with all the **!! Is it just me.
WtaTour4Ever is offline  
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:12 PM
HAND SCRAPED
 
-Sonic-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: England
Posts: 7,155
                     
-Sonic- is offline  
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Crazy Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Munchkin Land
Posts: 28,511
                     
Quote:
Pete can *out-serve* the others. Andre can *out-hit* the others.
Pete Sampras is (was?) no longer the biggest server in the mens game. There are scores of guys who pump out bombs at a faster pace than he does. He places his ball better than most of them could ever dream of.

Andre Agassi is definately NOT the biggest hitter in the mens game. He just plays smart.
Crazy Canuck is offline  
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:17 PM
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
 
AjdeNate!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: The City by the Lake.
Posts: 49,163
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
Pete Sampras is (was?) no longer the biggest server in the mens game. There are scores of guys who pump out bombs at a faster pace than he does. He places his ball better than most of them could ever dream of.

Andre Agassi is definately NOT the biggest hitter in the mens game. He just plays smart.
You're like dead-on.... what you *actually* watch tennis and have opinions based on what you see?!? What the fuck is up with that?


AjdeNate! is offline  
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Light-skinned Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Deutschland
Posts: 1,014
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca
Pete Sampras is (was?) no longer the biggest server in the mens game. There are scores of guys who pump out bombs at a faster pace than he does. He places his ball better than most of them could ever dream of.

Andre Agassi is definately NOT the biggest hitter in the mens game. He just plays smart.
Thank you! Monica does *neither* of those things and *still* can't win another Slam. She's been a *disappointment* since she came back because she got by on *talent* and *didn't* bother getting fit (the reason she has *not* won a Slam since 1996).
Light-skinned Girl is offline  
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 10:20 PM
College Grad
 
GBFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: auditing YOUR company!
Posts: 18,948
                     
I don't know....I thought she wasn't doing much lately because of injury? But what do I know, I'm just a mindless puppet, fuck me.
GBFH is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome