Why nobody consider Justine as a serious threat??? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
country flag rhz
Senior Member
 
rhz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,009
                     
Why nobody consider Justine as a serious threat???

Serena this Venus that Kim this Jennifer that Lindsay this Monica that... but nobody mentions Justine.... she deserves to be mentioned more people.

Maju terus Tenis Indonesia!
rhz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:14 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
personally i don't think henin is one of the top talents or has the most potential. she is a really good fighter and if you add that to her on game and the surfaces she is good at then she is a great player. imo she has fulfilled her ful potential whereas i personally believe that the other players in the top 10 have more than potential than justine but justine is one of the few players who has gone has far as she can go. i'm not saying she can't win grand slams or anything but the reason that i myself don't see her as a threat is partly because i don't like watching her (and can't figure our why with that beautiful backhand) and i see her as already being the best that she can be whereas with her opponent (the other top players) i see then as having room to improve so they can always step it up a notch however that isn't always the case.

but when it comes down to it i'm caomparing their potential and talent which doesn't always show how good they currently are. i should probably change the way i look at things.

but at the moment i see her as a threat because the other players simply haven't fulfilled their potential and justine has which has actually ended up with justine being the better player.

sorry if you don't understand this, i'm finding it hard to put it into words.
Gowza is offline  
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
per4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 41,228
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
personally i don't think henin is one of the top talents or has the most potential. she is a really good fighter and if you add that to her on game and the surfaces she is good at then she is a great player. imo she has fulfilled her ful potential whereas i personally believe that the other players in the top 10 have more than potential than justine but justine is one of the few players who has gone has far as she can go. i'm not saying she can't win grand slams or anything but the reason that i myself don't see her as a threat is partly because i don't like watching her (and can't figure our why with that beautiful backhand) and i see her as already being the best that she can be whereas with her opponent (the other top players) i see then as having room to improve so they can always step it up a notch however that isn't always the case.

but when it comes down to it i'm caomparing their potential and talent which doesn't always show how good they currently are. i should probably change the way i look at things.

but at the moment i see her as a threat because the other players simply haven't fulfilled their potential and justine has which has actually ended up with justine being the better player.

sorry if you don't understand this, i'm finding it hard to put it into words.
... if Justine isn't one of the toptalents, then I really wonder who is...

I'm sorry Gowza, but you got it all wrong. Justine is one of the most talented players of the whole WTA tour. She can still improve a lot, and she will.

People always underestimate Justine..it can only be good for Juju. I remember in the polls last year of 'who will drop out of top 10 at the end of the year': lots of people said Henin. Now look where she's standing.
per4ever is offline  
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:43 AM Thread Starter
country flag rhz
Senior Member
 
rhz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,009
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by per4ever
... if Justine isn't one of the toptalents, then I really wonder who is...

I'm sorry Gowza, but you got it all wrong. Justine is one of the most talented players of the whole WTA tour. She can still improve a lot, and she will.

People always underestimate Justine..it can only be good for Juju. I remember in the polls last year of 'who will drop out of top 10 at the end of the year': lots of people said Henin. Now look where she's standing.

Standing and getting stronger! she does have rooms to improve, specially in the mental department. her game is also has a high risk of UE. Her serve in particular! but i bet one day she will win atleast one grand slam title. you go girl!! Allez Justine

Maju terus Tenis Indonesia!
rhz is offline  
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
per4ever, numerous times i said PERSONALLY. we each see different things in different players. i wasn't trying to persuade anyone of anything. you can think want you want and i wouldn't criticise your opinion so i would appreciate it if you didn't criticise my thoughts. and when i said i didn't think she was a top talent i was talking about compared to the rest of the top top soley. she is definately one fo the top 10 talents at the moment (excluding the youngsters because we have no clue what they are capable of at the moment).

but you've got your opinion and i've got mine. we don't need to agree on everything and let's just leave it at that.

i respect your opinion.
Gowza is offline  
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
but i would like to point out that just because a player does a lot of UE's or whatever it is they do, it doesn't mean they are capable of fixing that problem.
Gowza is offline  
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
this thread is about seeing justine as a threat (i'm guessing it means a threat to grand slam titles and the #1 ranking and the other top players). and i did say i see her as a threat so lets not get caught up to much in the other stuff. please lets just voice our opinions and not criticise other peoples. (btw, sorry for blabbing on)
Gowza is offline  
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Dava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Pau-Pau-Pau-Pau-La-La-La!
Posts: 17,733
                     
To be honest I dont see Henin as a threat, basically becuase the last few times she has played a Williams or Clijsters she has not played very well. She is not even getting close.

WTA TOUR
ELENA DEMENTIEVA
KIM CLIJSTERS
ALSO STARRING
THE GIRLS ON TOUR!

ASAGOE~BOVINA~JANKOVIC~MOLIK
MYSKINA~SCHNYDER~ZVONAREVA

THE YOUNG GUNS

BACSINSZKY~CHAKVATADZE~IVANOVIC
JACKSON~KIRILENKO~LINETSKAYA
MAKAROVA~MIRZA


THE COMEBACK KIDS

BEYGELZIMER~DOKIC~HARKLEROAD
SPREM~VAKULENKO

Dava is offline  
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 838
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz
Standing and getting stronger! she does have rooms to improve, specially in the mental department. her game is also has a high risk of UE. Her serve in particular! but i bet one day she will win atleast one grand slam title. you go girl!! Allez Justine
"she does have rooms to improve, specially in the mental department"

Against Kim, yes. (Serena and Venus are just too good for Justine. It has nothing to do with mental fragility).

But the other players ?

Look at her wins this year against Davenport, Capriati and Seles.

Those are not the wins of a mental fragile player. On the contrary.

In this tournament she has a good chance of reaching the final.

She has the game to win RG. But the other slams ?
rikvanlooy is offline  
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 315
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
imo she has fulfilled her ful potential whereas i personally believe that the other players in the top 10 have more than potential than justine but justine is one of the few players who has gone has far as she can go.
You honestly believe that it's possible that a 20-year-old has gone as far as she can go? That's crazy, and it doesn't matter which player you're talking about when you say that.

Sorry guys, but love her or hate her, Henin-Hardenne hasn't gotten to number four in the world by accident. She works hard, she plays consistently, and so far this year, she has been beating some of the elite players on tour.
A lot of people talk about Capriati, Davenport, Seles, Mauresmo, etc., but if you look at their records against Venus, Serena, and Clijsters over the course of the past twelve months, you'll find that they're worse off than Henin-Hardenne is. Capriati is 1-2 against Henin-Hardenne, Davenport is 1-1, Seles is 0-2, and Mauresmo is 0-0. Capriati has no wins against the top three, Davenport has one, Seles has none, and Mauresmo has one. Henin-Hardenne has two. As for the other top ten players, Hantuchova is 1-1, Rubin is 0-1, and Dokic is 1-1 against Henin-Hardenne, and only one of them (Rubin) has a win over anyone in the top three. Myskina is 1-1 against Henin-Hardenne and also has just one win over the top three. That means that over the course of the past twelve months the players currently ranked 5-12 (That's 8 players.) are a combined 5-9 against Henin-Hardenne and have a combined five wins against the top three compared to her two. None of them have a winning record against the top four over the course of the past year.
What does that say to me? It says that regardless of what people think, Henin-Hardenne is the fourth best player in the world right now, and she will remain so unless her level of play drops off. She may not get much attention, but she deserves to be where she is, and there's no doubt in my mind about that.
caseyl45 is offline  
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
bis2806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Posts: 7,119
                     
henin is weak and she loves to fake injuries
bis2806 is offline  
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 8,950
                     
caseyl45, saying she has gone as far as she can go was refering to her game. some players play there best tennis as youngsters. hingis is a big example of this. her results will get better but that is because she is already that good to get the better results.
Gowza is offline  
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: East Java
Posts: 2,781
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhz
Serena this Venus that Kim this Jennifer that Lindsay this Monica that... but nobody mentions Justine.... she deserves to be mentioned more people.
U must be happy with this condition because when I see Justine as an underdog, then she win that match, i'll be very very very happy.. Maybe u can feel the sweet victories with me

Justine HENIN
2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 RG
2003, 2007 USO
2004 AO
2004 Olympic Gold
2006, 2007 YEC
10 Tier I, 17 Tier II, 3 Tier III, 1 Tier IV
ns_Henin is offline  
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: East Java
Posts: 2,781
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by bis2806
henin is weak and she loves to fake injuries
Shut ur moron mouth up
Lindsay faked an injury when she played Justine at Zurich 2002
U r only jealous with her good results
Bye

Justine HENIN
2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 RG
2003, 2007 USO
2004 AO
2004 Olympic Gold
2006, 2007 YEC
10 Tier I, 17 Tier II, 3 Tier III, 1 Tier IV
ns_Henin is offline  
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:15 AM
The hottest straight, goth rocker on the board
Admin Emeritus
 
The Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Belgium
Posts: 35,180
                     
Gowza, I too think you have it all wrong too. If I see one player of the top 5 (top 10) who has still room to improve, I think it's Justine. Especially her tactics can improve much. Plus she should believe more in her technical skills.

If only I was sure that my head on the door was a dream
The Crow is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome