If VENUS plays Maursesmo, which player will they cheer or boo? - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
                     
If VENUS plays Maursesmo, which player will they cheer or boo?

Last year the Americans were very rude at the U.S. Open when, during the VENUS/Mauresmi match, Momo was heartily cheered over the American.

Now, in Miami, some of the American crowd heartily booed Emilie Loit because the player's country is against the U.S. led invasion of Iraq.

Now, suppose VENUS meets Momo in the semis, will Momo be booed or cheered or will a WILLIAMS finally get fan support in her own country?

Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 2,454
                     
The crowd will sit in bare silence
ttaM is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:42 PM
Senior Member
 
~ The Leopard ~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Kissing my little Lolita
Posts: 13,105
                     
[QUOTE='TeeRexx']Last year the Americans were very rude at the U.S. Open when, during the VENUS/Mauresmi match, Momo was heartily cheered over the American.

Now, in Miami, some of the American crowd heartily booed Emilie Loit because the player's country is against the U.S. led invasion of Iraq.
QUOTE]

Cheering for a player is not the same as booing the player's opponent. Nor is it "rude" to cheer for someone.

Vin, kvinder og sang
~ The Leopard ~ is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 21,677
                     
The crowd will see the wrong of it's ways and cheer for both

BARBIE
is coming for your towel, too.



Keys
MakarovaBeguKasatkinaGavrilovaBarthelAllertovaPutintsevaKrisPliskovaKhromacheva
SmitkovaTownsendAbandaPuchkova

Tennis Fool is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:44 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 845
               
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRexx
Last year the Americans were very rude at the U.S. Open when, during the VENUS/Mauresmi match, Momo was heartily cheered over the American.

Now, in Miami, some of the American crowd heartily booed Emilie Loit because the player's country is against the U.S. led invasion of Iraq.

Now, suppose VENUS meets Momo in the semis, will Momo be booed or cheered or will a WILLIAMS finally get fan support in her own country?
TeeRexx, they'll still boo Venus.
leslie is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 10:45 PM
Team WTAworld
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 8,260
                     
yay what a surprise teerexx and leslie agree with each other again

FWTT
-Oldest game in wtaboard, started in April 2000 even before wtaworld is born.
-You can create your own player, making their own name, making their personality.
-Some player has been playing for more than 10 years


visit this thread for more detail
http://www.tennisforum.com/76-fwtt/397111-2011-official-fwtt-information-thread-new-players-enter-here.html
wongqks is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Senior Member
 
jenny161185's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,880
                     
They just want someone else to win for a change though I think they'll cheer fort Venus this time with how Loit was treated
jenny161185 is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:09 PM
Senior Member
 
venusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: New York City
Posts: 4,616
                     
Come It's America and Venus is paying what do u expect? They will still cheer more for Mauresmo.

"I told her, `You don't want to get into a hitting battle with Sharapova, because it would be uneven for Sharapova, because Sharapova only has one good side and that's her backhand,"'. "`You don't want to get into that for the simple reason you would win. So try to hit some balls to her strong side, to her backhand, and that would help you with your match for tomorrow

Sir Richard Williams
venusfan is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Hollywood and other classified areas
Posts: 7,125
                     
LOL@VenusFan

The only situation that could be more ironic would be to have the match between VENUS & Momo played at Indian Wells.

Tee Rexx
Chairman, Williams Tennis Association
Tennis is a game ... Have fun with it!
TeeRexx is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,386
 
even if they boo amelie and cheer venus it will be more a cheer against amelie than a cheer for venus

VENUS. ANA, TAY TAY. NICOLE. LAURA. KONJUH. MADISON

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA. FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. PENG. SORANA. ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. ANETT. DANKA. DONNA. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Dawn Marie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: North by Northwest
Posts: 15,253
                     
Without a doubt they will still boo Venus!! Remember there are still alot of dumb fucks who LOVE tennis and who will be in the stands. This is tennis were talkin about here?

Only after the last tree has been cut down
Only after the last river has been poisoned
Only after the last fish has been caught
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Guest
 
*JR*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: On the Peace Train
Posts: 34,247
                     
As the W/S live in Palm Beach less than 2 hours drive away, that may be why they're better received. AND don't discount the crowd being put to shame in the local media for booing Emilie and many going out of the way to cheer Amelie and Nathalie to say "we're not buffoons". And let's see if Baby Brother Jeb (Guv of Florida) appeals for the players not to get "blamed" by the crowd.
*JR* is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 10,797
                     
Oh my gosh. Somebody please give joussaint a big bear hug for nailing it right on the head.

But since I can't baby here is this for you instead

If only some of the other posts could have been as right on as yours......but then again look who you were responding to
Jakeev is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: the sexy side of the colo
Posts: 3,402
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeRexx
Now, suppose VENUS meets Momo in the semis, will Momo be booed or cheered or will a WILLIAMS finally get fan support in her own country?
It's terrible that I honestly can't answer this question with confidence. It's a great insight on your part, Mr. Rexx. But if I absolutely had the say, the crowd will probably be silent throughout the match for the most part, but if a boo were to be uttered against a player, then there's a 51% chance it would be directed to Venus, 49% to Momo. Now that's truly sad

Venus and Serena are sitting on top of the WORLD

~Venus and now Serena are the worst thing to ever happen to the crow~

Official POPLOCKER of the Royal Court
Bright Red is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Mar 20th, 2003, 03:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Roxy Mas Grogol
Posts: 798
                     
Bump

[size=3.5]Selamat Bertanding untuk Petenis INDONESIA : Angelique Widjaja and Wynne Prakusya dkk....Indonesia Raya![/size]
K155-k155 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome