What is w/ the Williams sister Fan Bandwagon? - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In your back seat with duct tape spread out
Posts: 11
 
Thumbs down What is w/ the Williams sister Fan Bandwagon?

I don't recall ever seeing so many people supporting two players in my life. It's like a bandwagon that many sports teams go thru. They have like a ton of fans while winning, and then they fall off the face of the earth when the losing begins. I can't help but think the only reason many posters here support them, and there are so less of other players supporters on this board, simply because it's a bandwagon chain event. As soon as they lose, you'll see a drop in the number of Sister Supporters.

As Pam said, the injury bug, has to bite soon.
Magnetic Ruler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
I have a been a fan since 1997 when venus was not even top twenty or fifty. I have been through bad press, allegations of match fixing, players saying rude things, obnoxious commentators and reporters as well as other fans, knee tendenitis, wrist tendenitis, sprained ankles, food poisoning and bitch slaps by martina hingis and jennifer capriati spanking my favorites and guess what..... I'M STILL HERE AND WILL BE UNTIL THEY RETIRE.

GO WILLIAMS!

PS even after they retire I will still be here so dont get your hopes up

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #3 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In your back seat with duct tape spread out
Posts: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
I have a been a fan since 1997 when venus was not even top twenty or fifty. I have been through bad press, allegations of match fixing, players saying rude things, obnoxious commentators and reporters as well as other fans, knee tendenitis, wrist tendenitis, sprained ankles, food poisoning and bitch slaps by martina hingis and jennifer capriati spanking my favorites and guess what..... I'M STILL HERE AND WILL BE UNTIL THEY RETIRE.

GO WILLIAMS!

PS even after they retire I will still be here so dont get your hopes up
Could have guessed you have no life.

I don't understand it however, I wonder if they run drug testing accurately at tennis matches now? There is some reason why those two are dominating that is unfair to the rest of the tour.
Magnetic Ruler is offline  
post #4 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Ruler
Could have guessed you have no life.

I don't understand it however, I wonder if they run drug testing accurately at tennis matches now? There is some reason why those two are dominating that is unfair to the rest of the tour.
wow so the best response you could do was attack me? typical. Being a martina fanatic how can I expect anything less?

Speaking of martina perhaps thats why your favorite fled the sport with the oncoming drug tests? She probably resorted to everything she could to compete in today's game against the best: venus serena kim lindsay monica justine momo and couldn't cut it. I'm sure martina has few steroid cocktails floating in her system.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #5 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 10,389
                     
I've been a fan of V since I saw her

and I'll support their niece too

GO TEAM WILLIAMS!
CJ07 is offline  
post #6 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Senior Member
 
kiwifan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 9,740
                     
Wink Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Ruler
I don't recall ever seeing so many people supporting two players in my life. It's like a bandwagon that many sports teams go thru. They have like a ton of fans while winning, and then they fall off the face of the earth when the losing begins. I can't help but think the only reason many posters here support them, and there are so less of other players supporters on this board, simply because it's a bandwagon chain event. As soon as they lose, you'll see a drop in the number of Sister Supporters.

As Pam said, the injury bug, has to bite soon.

Thanks for sharing, hater.

I thought we all just liked them because they were black


You guys are running out of criticism angles.

This one is too lame to even inspire the oO0Oo's of the board to join in.

Back to the woodshed and give it another try.

If your fave's coach isn't Richard Williams, that's just her first problem...

I was there when the ALL BLACKS won the World Cup in 2011!!!

"I don't know that I changed all that much. They just found somebody worse." - Aging tennis bad boy Jimmy Connors, referring to John McEnroe, in 1984.

There can never be too many "Sister Slams!"
kiwifan is offline  
post #7 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Veelieve!!!
 
Infiniti2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 27,951
 
I guess you don't know what a bandwagoner is.. Haven't you noticed that the more the sisters win, the more haters pray for them to lose?? No one jumps on the bandwagon. They just hate more and their supporters stick with them through thick and thin

Infiniti2001 is offline  
post #8 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In your back seat with duct tape spread out
Posts: 11
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybelle Darkholme
wow so the best response you could do was attack me? typical. Being a martina fanatic how can I expect anything less?

Speaking of martina perhaps thats why your favorite fled the sport with the oncoming drug tests? She probably resorted to everything she could to compete in today's game against the best: venus serena kim lindsay monica justine momo and couldn't cut it. I'm sure martina has few steroid cocktails floating in her system.
how quickly you'll fall off the face of the earth when V&S fall flat on their asses with the injury bug. you must be like a williams groupie or something right?

oh damn they have a niece playing tennis too? *GAG*
Magnetic Ruler is offline  
post #9 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 427
 
Tennis takes SO MUCH SKILL, practice will help you 100 times more then drugs.
Myskina Lina is offline  
post #10 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: In your back seat with duct tape spread out
Posts: 11
 
Why is it that...

tour attendance is down, sponsorship is down, fans taking part in actually attending events are down?

if they and their fans are so good for tennis, why is the tennis world going under with them at the top of the ranks. the only good part about having them on tour is they don't play every event meaning i don't have to puke after watching their faked matches.
Magnetic Ruler is offline  
post #11 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: In an Iglo in Canada
Posts: 4,404
                     
I don''t see it like that all.
Their are tennis fans becoming Williams fans becasuse they see the talent that these two have, the hard work they put into it. They are getting more and more respect, which they deserve.
Maybe it's because they are winning, but society, and in general human nature, doesn't like losers. Sorry to bring her in, but Anna lost so many matches, and people don't have respect for her TENNIS game, or lack of it. Why jump on her 'bandwagon' if she is not winning? Why jump on Venus and Serena's 'bandwagon', because they will continue to rack up the majors, rack up the endorsements, make movies, make commercials, be successful business women, have education, etc...

CanadianBoy21 is offline  
post #12 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:15 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Ruler
how quickly you'll fall off the face of the earth when V&S fall flat on their asses with the injury bug. you must be like a williams groupie or something right?

oh damn they have a niece playing tennis too? *GAG*

omigod are you really that pathetic? Vee and Ree have been injured before and guess what? They recovered unlike a certain outclassed former number one.

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
post #13 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:16 AM
country flag vs1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: 15 hours via JFK!!!
Posts: 7,259
                     
Not to add to this ridiculous thread, but drugs probably wouldn't help much with tennis. There are those who are strong and powerful, but if they can't keep the ball in play and place it well, they are going to lose! There are those who are fast-fast-fast, but if they can't do anything defensive with the ball, they are going to lose. There are those who have many weapons, but if you're not mentally prepared to excel, you're going to lose. There are those who have potential to be on top, but if you're not going to be consistent, then you're not going to make it to the top. What Venus and Serena have is the COMPLETE PACKAGE. They have poise, style, power, mental toughness, smarts, athleticism, determination, weapons...they've got it all. And that's why everyone talks about them. Even when they are not in a tourney, they are the bar to which excellence is measured. To take a set off them is to accomplish something special. I guess, in a way, EVERYONE has jumped on the bandwagon. Why not?! They are the best. Theirs is a story that will never be repeated again. WE are the lucky fans who get to witness it all. We get to be a part of this special tennis moment in time. Magnet, just enjoy it! Get rid of the bitterness and just enjoy the BEAUTY THAT IS VENUS & SERENA!!!

Little darlin'

Here comes the sun

It's alright

You can come on out


SERENA WILLIAMS - 2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN CHAMPION!!!


OFFICIAL BISHOP OF THE ROYAL COURT!

Andy_ & I are Zelda's Guys of the Decade!!!
vs1 is offline  
post #14 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,386
 
this magnetic loser is new...yet another hater who registered for the sole purpose of bashing the sisters

Or maybe he is a former hater who was banned and is now reincarnated

VENUS. ANA, TAY TAY. NICOLE. LAURA. KONJUH. MADISON

SERENA. MUGU. VIKA. PETKO. CARO. TIMEA. SVETA. HEATHER. KAIA. TAMIRA. FLAVIA. GEORGI. COCO. LUCIE, SLOANE. PENG. SORANA. ALICIA. JAEDA. CICI. ANETT. DANKA. DONNA. FRANCOISE.

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN. SHENAY. DINARA. GISELA. SPREM.
BK4ever is offline  
post #15 of 55 (permalink) Old Mar 19th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 7,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic Ruler
tour attendance is down, sponsorship is down, fans taking part in actually attending events are down?

if they and their fans are so good for tennis, why is the tennis world going under with them at the top of the ranks. the only good part about having them on tour is they don't play every event meaning i don't have to puke after watching their faked matches.
bitter martina lover. So sad you have no one to cheer for anymore. hater is what hater does i guess even resorting to lies to defend themselves. Its okay we all know its because your torn up inside that your precious martina is no more. Take heart because you can still watch as she spirals down the rankings... yippe!

The WTA Women of Wonder Featuring....The Goddess: Venus Williams The Glamazon: Serena Williams The Lioness: Jennifer Capriati The High Priestess: Monica Seles The Saint: Kim Clijsters The Phoenix: Chanda Rubin The Bon Vivant: Amelie Mauresmo The Titan: Lindsay Davenport The Courtesan: Anna Kournikova The Exile: Martina Hingis The Sorceress: Anatasia Myskina The Minx: Maria Sharapova
Cybelle Darkholme is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome