So much anger , so much bitterness , so much hatred in one post
To answer your rant :
1) Her competition was immature, there is no way Hingis fans can weasel out of that argument.
2) Serena unlike Hingis was a much superior athlete and did not have a losing head to head versus Graf.
3) Unlike Graf Serena is winning slams in her 30's. So your argument that Graf was going to MATCH Serena's level in her 30's is JUST PLAIN SOUR GRAPES trying to diminish Serena's accomplishment rather than boosting Hingis'.
4) She did retire from tennis, because she could NO LONGER WIN SLAMS. Her ego would not allow her to admit it, so she concocted the whole ankles thing. By the way do you know the outcome of the lawsuit against Sergio Tachini
Interview with Martina step father and her agent.
BLICK: Are really the shoes of the former sponsor Tacchini for that problem responsible?
MARIO WIDMER: We are dealing with a professional sport and the Tacchini-Problem has been solved. Both sides have agreed a composition and to maintain silence from both sides about it.
BLICK: Tacchini has paid a few nice dollars ,right?
MARIO WIDMER: Like i said "both sides maintain silence". And Martina is with her new Sponsor Adidas in good hands.
Considering her comeback her condition was not chronic at all.
5)I want to ask you why didnt she win multiple slam in a season post 1997 ?
6) Where was martina in 2009 and 2010 if the competiton was so weak. Her ban ended in early 2009. Still plenty of time for a comeback
7)She was not a pusher but she was forced to play defensive tennis because players with weapons could pin her way behind the baseline.
8) She was an oppurtunist in a way that she was at the right place at the right time. This was beneficial to her as she could amass slams at a rate unheard of for someone so young and damaging because it came all too easy and she never developed the skills of coping with competition.
7) Hingis was stupid and arrogant and had no sense of what was going around her. She could not see that the Williams sisters, Davenport, Capriati were all taller and stronger players than her, did she go to the gym to keep up, NO.
She kept using outdated Yonex frame and did not update her technique at all
All in All, she had a golden opportunity of starting a career in a spectacular way but didnt take advantage of it by adapting.
And don't even try to compare Serena to Hingis !!!