***2014 New WTA ranking point distribution***
The WTA Board of Directors has approved an adjustment to the current WTA Ranking Point Distribution. The new ranking points will be introduced over a 12-month period from the start of the 2014 season.
The changes to the current ranking rules are:
- At both WTA and ITF level, the round to round distribution has been standardized
- Players are better rewarded for winning and going deep in tournaments
- First round points at Mandatory tournaments have been doubled
- Qualifying points at Internationals have been enhanced
- Grand Slam qualifying points have been adjusted to lessen the difference with WTA Premier events qualifying points, which have similarly-ranked qualifying draws
*New points will be added only as 2013 results drop off so change will be gradual.
Elements for Change
1. Grand Slam QLF reduced from 60/50/40/2 to 40/30/20/2
2. QLF Pts: GS - 40, PM - 30, P5 - 30, Premier - 25, International - 18
3. GS/WTA Round to Round Distribution: 65/60/55/55/55/55
4. WTA 125K and ITF Round to Round Distribution: 60/60/50/50/50
5. 1st Round Grand Slam and Premier Mandatory = 10 vs 5 / 1st Round Premier Mandatory Qualifying 2 vs 1
6. WTA Qualifier receives 45-50% at Premiers, 57% at Grand Slams, and 60% at Internationals of 1st Round Main Draw Win
7. ITF New 25+H Level with 60 pts to Winner…… ITF 15K receives 5 more points to distance from 10K
ITF 75K, 5 more points to winner. ITF 50+H, and 50K, 10 more points to winner.
But I, being poor, have only my dreams
I have spread my dreams under your feet
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams