Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Balveda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 14,118
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
My review of the match. Robson vs. Kvitova
Set 1 : 1-6
Robson's first serve went south, while kvitova's first serve aided her the set. Like Robson shouted after getting broken again for the srcond time: "it's awful!"

Set 2: 2-6
Robson's erratic play still ensues, and struggles to win the longer rallies. It seems like Kvitova's fitness has improved. In one point, she ran from the back of the court to scoop up Robson's drop shot, which was pretty decent, and directed it down-the-line. Kvitova was fast! And she mostly won the rallies of 5 or more shots played. While Robson complains: "why everything is so late!"

And so it is, Kvitova triumphed with her improved fitness and power, and helped by Robson's charecteristic errors.
Thanks for the write up... whilst it's a little early to get too excited I've always said fitness is the issue, everything else, confidence, mental strength consistency etc will all click into place if she could just get match fit.

Good signs.

Simona [14] - Kasatkina
Aga [18] - Beck [2] - Kvitova [17]
Cetkovska - Bencic [2] - Gasparyan [1] - Cîrstea [1]
Balveda is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:24 PM
Senior Member
 
The 2nd Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Panic Station
Posts: 6,176
                     
Pojd! Could GOATra be making an appearance here!?!?


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Proud supporter of the VIP Serbian Scrub & the Barking Czech GOAT
The 2nd Law is offline  
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Senior Member
 
Pimp_Me_Pova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,243
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
Isnt she is allergic to 'merican hardcourts or something ppl wanted convince us?
ppl who doesn't have ashtma real are crapping shit all over, i'm not just thinking of you, but general.. i personally have ashtma and i have days when i can swimm 3km, other day i can't even walk how hard i breathe, and after few days i'm running 6-7 km... it depend on city in which i'm a, what season is, climate, everything..

some ppl really make fun of her.. but i understand her.. it's not like she choose that day to feel like crap..

My favourite pova is Bitchypova

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline  
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Senior Member
 
pedropt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 16,070
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Keep it up.

pedropt is offline  
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old Jul 31st, 2013, 11:53 PM
Senior Member
 
The Kvitova Slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 463
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Wow! Awesome.

//Kvitova//Kerber//Lisicki//Muguruza//Sharapova//
The Kvitova Slam is offline  
post #51 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 12:29 AM
Senior Member
 
@pleeneeoh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 825
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Impressed by the scoreline and the stats. 11 aces =D
@pleeneeoh is offline  
post #52 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Renalicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 21,766
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

She's coming for that USO Series 1st place again

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/40...0/850/82s7.png
serena, jankovic, venus, na, hsieh, date-krumm, jovanovski
makarova, diatchenko, halep, goerges and kvitova

My Youtube Channel
Renalicious is offline  
post #53 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Senior Member
 
The Kvitova Slam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 463
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renalicious View Post
She's coming for that USO Series 1st place again
AND DA USO BRO

//Kvitova//Kerber//Lisicki//Muguruza//Sharapova//
The Kvitova Slam is offline  
post #54 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:15 AM
Senior Member
 
*Jack*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,217
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
My review of the match. Robson vs. Kvitova
Set 1 : 1-6
Robson's first serve went south, while kvitova's first serve aided her the set. Like Robson shouted after getting broken again for the srcond time: "it's awful!"

Set 2: 2-6
Robson's erratic play still ensues, and struggles to win the longer rallies. It seems like Kvitova's fitness has improved. In one point, she ran from the back of the court to scoop up Robson's drop shot, which was pretty decent, and directed it down-the-line. Kvitova was fast! And she mostly won the rallies of 5 or more shots played. While Robson complains: "why everything is so late!"

And so it is, Kvitova triumphed with her improved fitness and power, and helped by Robson's charecteristic errors.
Good review that gives nice view to a match that we couldn't see. Also, great to see that Petra's fitness seemed to be better and that she was fast!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy Booboo View Post
AND DA USO BRO
YEAH, GOATRA IN DA HOUSE!

Petra Kvitová * Tomáš Berdych * Lucie Šafářová * BZS * Angie Kerber
Karolína Plíšková * Andy Murray * Roger Federer * Tommy Haas
Radek Štěpánek * Leander Paes ** Andrea Hlaváčková & Lucie Hradecká
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline  
post #55 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Panther24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 18,595
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Why did they have to meet so early in the tournament.

Laura.

A bit of unfair scheduling.. But still had a good win here coming from 4-6 3-5 down in the first round..Hopefully she will get kinder draws in Toronto and Cincinnati since she will be unseeded.


Petra

Nice to hear that Shitra didn't show up (for once ) and that her fitness has improved. These are the small steps that will be key for her to start playing well at a consistent/higher level again.

Keep going!
Panther24 is offline  
post #56 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Senior Member
 
*Jack*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Brno, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,217
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther24 View Post
Why did they have to meet so early in the tournament.

Laura.

A bit of unfair scheduling.. But still had a good win here coming from 4-6 3-5 down in the first round..Hopefully she will get kinder draws in Toronto and Cincinnati since she will be unseeded.


Petra

Nice to hear that Shitra didn't show up (for once ) and that her fitness has improved. These are the small steps that will be key for her to start playing well at a consistent/higher level again.

Keep going!
It's funny that some posters were saying yesterday how lucky Robson is to get Petra in the 2nd round.

Petra Kvitová * Tomáš Berdych * Lucie Šafářová * BZS * Angie Kerber
Karolína Plíšková * Andy Murray * Roger Federer * Tommy Haas
Radek Štěpánek * Leander Paes ** Andrea Hlaváčková & Lucie Hradecká
And other Czech Davis Cup and Fed Cup team members
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsbadwanska View Post
Sometimes is very hard to be Petra's fan.
*Jack* is offline  
post #57 of 57 (permalink) Old Aug 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 5,785
                     
Re: Carlsbad R2: [3]Kvitova def. Robson 61 62

Kvitova does every single thing better than Robson, except giving loser handshakes. Well done.
Eldest is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome