I am shocked.
Fed Cup bringing the best out of Ana.
What. Is. Going. On. With. The. World?
1. First ever win over Mona
2. First win over a top 10 player since Kvitova
3. Grinding out both wins - one a three setter
4. Her slicing
5. Ana discovering her inner junkie
6. Mixing it all with offense
But most importantly,
6. Ana - the woman with the mind of steel: 15 saved break points in a row
And in Fed Cup no less. Whaddafuq?
I am tottally confused. Why can't she play like this all the time?
This is just the kind of win Ana needed all this time. A top opponent, a tightly contested win, and under a lot of pressure - overcoming her deamons.
Of course, now after all the fuckery, it might not be enough, but is certainly a good sign and the right step forward.
But the tennis she produced in this match is by far the best in a while.
Just keep it up please please please. If only for the clay season.