Sony Ericsson Open R1: Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Alexandra Dulgheru 5-7 6-4 7-6(3) - TennisForum.com
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
I fucking love Donna Vekic
 
Spencer.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 15,993
                     
Sony Ericsson Open R1: Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Alexandra Dulgheru 5-7 6-4 7-6(3)

Poor Alex

Actually, you know what? NOT POOR ALEX. She's back on tour, competing again, and at a pretty damn good level too. Last week in IW 3 setter with Peng Shuai and now a 3 setter with Anabel, both decent players who have proved they know how to play in the top 32. I'm happy for Alex! She recovered from a break down in the final set, but just couldn't finish it. This is just the beginning for her comeback.

I BELIEVE IN YOUR ALEX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.
Spencer. is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:42 AM
Senior Member
 
Lucyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,309
                     
Re: Sony Ericsson Open R1: Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Alexandra Dulgheru 5-7 6-4 7-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
Poor Alex

Actually, you know what? NOT POOR ALEX. She's back on tour, competing again, and at a pretty damn good level too. Last week in IW 3 setter with Peng Shuai and now a 3 setter with Anabel, both decent players who have proved they know how to play in the top 32. I'm happy for Alex! She recovered from a break down in the final set, but just couldn't finish it. This is just the beginning for her comeback.

I BELIEVE IN YOUR ALEX!
TRUTH.

wtatour.ru rsport.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv flashscore.com fromhot.com
Lucyxx is offline  
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:45 AM
Everybody's a star!!!
 
Shvedbarilescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London
Posts: 25,444
                     
Re: Sony Ericsson Open R1: Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Alexandra Dulgheru 5-7 6-4 7-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tildeloltilde View Post
Poor Alex

Actually, you know what? NOT POOR ALEX. She's back on tour, competing again, and at a pretty damn good level too. Last week in IW 3 setter with Peng Shuai and now a 3 setter with Anabel, both decent players who have proved they know how to play in the top 32. I'm happy for Alex! She recovered from a break down in the final set, but just couldn't finish it. This is just the beginning for her comeback.

I BELIEVE IN YOUR ALEX!
Excellent post.

Very well put. Yeah, disappointed Alex didn't get the win but seeing her back to being about to fight hard in three set matches against an established played like AMG bodes very well for the future. At one point I really wasn't sure Alex would be about to come back. Today I have no doubt she will be back which is a nice feeling.

Shvedbarilescu is online now  
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old Mar 21st, 2013, 03:48 AM Thread Starter
I fucking love Donna Vekic
 
Spencer.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 15,993
                     
Re: Sony Ericsson Open R1: Anabel Medina Garrigues def. Alexandra Dulgheru 5-7 6-4 7-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
Excellent post.

Very well put. Yeah, disappointed Alex didn't get the win but seeing her back to being about to fight hard in three set matches against an established played like AMG bodes very well for the future. At one point I really wasn't sure Alex would be about to come back. Today I have no doubt she will be back which is a nice feeling.
I'll be honest with you, every time I see you here, and you agree with me/pull for my fave too/are interested in the same matches as me, I get kind of happy

Literally every one of your posts are coherent with sound reasoning and no bias at all. They're always composed and you get your point across.

I could keep going but I always ramble ( ) so your posts are always great in my book

PS: Your signature is one of my favorites out of this entire forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugues Daniel View Post
Wozniacki has magnificent shotmaking if you ask me, but it's not the power kind of one. She has to rely on all court tactics to make effective her sweet topspin mix, while still able to hit pretty decent winners when she feels them, especially with the backhand. Despite not making many winners, she's still an agressive baseliner, and she doesn't only win matches by waiting the opponent's mistake, though she can do that at times also.
Spencer. is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome