Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Cindy and Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,449
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

And I thoght she could be a bad match up for Petra. She looked so fit, consistent and strong last year. What's going on with her ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcsabaS View Post
I would say, the "GS champion mentality Halep v2.9" would have never let the Beijing title gone away because of her unprepared tennis. This means only Halep v2.8 was playing in Beijing (and defeating Sharapova and Ostapenko).


Cindy and Kate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,934
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
And I thoght she could be a bad match up for Petra. She looked so fit, consistent and strong last year. What's going on with her ?
Didn't Petra beat her at 2012 French Open, after she beat defending Champion Li Na there?

I know what you mean. Shvedova has some weapons and ability. But like everything else with so many of these players (Shvedova, Barthel, Martic, Pav's, Petra of course to a lesser degree, etc..) it depends what match they play during that given day!!
Excelscior is offline  
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Cindy and Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,449
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Didn't Petra beat her at 2012 French Open, after she beat defending Champion Li Na there?

I know what you mean. Shvedova has some weapons and ability. But like everything else with so many of these players (Shvedova, Barthel, Martic, Pav's, Petra of course to a lesser degree, etc..) it depends what match they play during that given day!!
Yes she did, and as you know, it was a very close one, and in Wimbledon she was about to beat Serena too. I think she lacks a definitive big grounstroke to make winners with, but doesn't (or didn't) have many weaknesses either; an all around pretty solid skilfull player, far from the typical bb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcsabaS View Post
I would say, the "GS champion mentality Halep v2.9" would have never let the Beijing title gone away because of her unprepared tennis. This means only Halep v2.8 was playing in Beijing (and defeating Sharapova and Ostapenko).


Cindy and Kate is offline  
 
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM
Senior Member
 
JoPova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 6,931
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Tsurenko is playing very well this year, even though Shvedova has been slumping lately! I think she'll perform well again on clay!

Maria Sharapova Na Li Francesca Schiavone Vera Zvonareva Petra Kvitova

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline  
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Senior Member
 
moodin0931's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,346
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Lesia you give me life!
moodin0931 is offline  
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,255
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

During last year’s FO in a thread inviting responders to rate in order which of the QFs one would desire to see as champion I suggested that the player I least desired to take the title was Yaroslava Shvedova. My choice was predicated on the fact I had never heard of her. I was chastised for that opinion by a fan of hers suggesting that every serious fan of women’s tennis would know of her especially since she had been a QF at Roland Garros two years previously; a factoid I had obviously overlooked. Well OK she became visible in my radar and I then paid more particular attention. There is no denying she had a good run at RG and she was impressive at Wimbledon as well i.e. the golden set against the FO finalist and a tough competitive match against eventual champion Serena. However since then her results have not had that same magic; witness this result.
tkutsaar is offline  
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Everybody's a star!!!
 
Shvedbarilescu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: London
Posts: 27,971
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkutsaar View Post
During last year’s FO in a thread inviting responders to rate in order which of the QFs one would desire to see as champion I suggested that the player I least desired to take the title was Yaroslava Shvedova. My choice was predicated on the fact I had never heard of her. I was chastised for that opinion by a fan of hers suggesting that every serious fan of women’s tennis would know of her especially since she had been a QF at Roland Garros two years previously; a factoid I had obviously overlooked. Well OK she became visible in my radar and I then paid more particular attention. There is no denying she had a good run at RG and she was impressive at Wimbledon as well i.e. the golden set against the FO finalist and a tough competitive match against eventual champion Serena. However since then her results have not had that same magic; witness this result.
Err...thank you....yes....I think we are all aware of that as a matter of fact actually. If you think this vindicates anything then you really are rather sad.

Shvedbarilescu is online now  
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Trainwreck
 
Lord Choc Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 55,873
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Hard to do anything but laugh at this point...
Lord Choc Ice is offline  
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Joe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,337
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Lesia


Sharapova | Watson | Muguruza | Konta | Broady | Bencic | Robson | Cirstea | Lisicki
Joe. is offline  
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Poland
Posts: 3,398
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

I wish Yaroslava would play Paszek in 1r soon. I'm afraid she would be capable of defeating only her right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rock View Post
Came in here to read something about the match. Found 13 pages of emoticons, gifs and *OMG* one-liners. What a retarded, clueless, childish forum this is.
Pretty much the truth.
Vamos Feńa is offline  
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old Mar 9th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Rest in peace Bally
 
Juju Nostalgique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Admiring Kimiko
Posts: 13,764
                     
Re: Indian Wells R2: Tsurenko def. Shvedova 6-1 3-6 6-1

Lesia

YAAAASSS GARBI YAAAASSS !!!
Paula Badosa & SaiSai Zheng & Garbiñe Muguruza & Kimiko Date & Varvara Lepchenko
Qristina Wang & Genie Bouchard & Carol Zhao & Nettu Kontaveit & Naomi Osaka
Jamie Hampton & Sam Crawford
All-Time Favourites
~ Monica Seles & Justine Henin & Núria Llagostera & Li Na
Juju Nostalgique is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome