The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
View Poll Results: The return cometh?
Yes 31 58.49%
No 22 41.51%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,798
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

No!!!

Not with that serve, mentality, work ethic and team she currently currently possesses.

No matter how far she goes in future tournaments this year (including the majors), she's still gotta ways to go--to straighten one, some or all of those things out, to play with more consistency and advance deep.

Hopefully, it come sooner than later, if at all.

Nonetheless, it was nice to see some Petra-like Tennis in bits.
Excelscior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,241
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Hopefully. Someone needs to send Serena into retirement.

ropuwhore

Cornet
Censored is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:03 AM
Whoever Is Joined With the Living, There is Hope
 
TrollPova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,345
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

She needs to replace Aga in the Top 4 ASAP

Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by @nathanj594 View Post
My pussy got way too juicy when Pandela Panama got up a double break and then it got slammed shut permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
I noticed Something with half of the Maria stans. Why does Maria have so many gay men as her fans?
TrollPova is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,336
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

I didn't see anything different today than anything she's shown over the past 14 months. She's always going to be streaky. It's impossible to play the kind of tennis she does for consistently for long stretches; hell, you could argue that Serena couldn't even do that at her peak.

And the dish ran away with the spoon..
but Hawaii was the only state that would recognize the marriage as legal.
FITD champ - brisbane 2014
Jane Lane is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 3,241
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreiter View Post
She needs to replace Aga in the Top 4 ASAP
No. She needs to replace this random Russian ball basher.

ropuwhore

Cornet
Censored is offline  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:06 AM
Senior Member
 
AndreConrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Close to US Open :)
Posts: 4,670
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

It is impossible to know. She is having a good tournament. That's great and can do wonders for her confidence. For her sake I hope she is climbing back, but can't vote yes or no. As usual people on TF are trying to jump a gun.

The best of luck to all tennis players; The game is on!
-Andre
P.S.Well,... special luck to Agnieszka Radwanska, Marta Domachowska, Daniela Hantuchova, Urszula Radwanska
Bally, Rest In Peace!
AndreConrad is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,893
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

This is somewhat ... premature.
oh yeah i guess is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Whoever Is Joined With the Living, There is Hope
 
TrollPova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 23,345
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by AureaLibertas View Post
No. She needs to replace this random Russian ball basher.
The only thing random about the Top 4 is how someone as useless as Aga is a part of it. Go away.

Twitter
Quote:
Originally Posted by @nathanj594 View Post
My pussy got way too juicy when Pandela Panama got up a double break and then it got slammed shut permanently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario101 View Post
I noticed Something with half of the Maria stans. Why does Maria have so many gay men as her fans?
TrollPova is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:40 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,798
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
I didn't see anything different today than anything she's shown over the past 14 months. She's always going to be streaky. It's impossible to play the kind of tennis she does for consistently for long stretches; hell, you could argue that Serena couldn't even do that at her peak.
If you didn't see her do anything better THIS match (or somethings she hadn't done well at all), in numerous matches over at least the past 6 months, then--unfortunately you're either blind or pre-destined to a certain opinion of her. No offense/sorry.

If anything, one can argue some of the things she did/showed today (minus her serve), can bring her back to some level of consistency, not the opposite or the current under achieving norm/standard. Petra hasn't played even close to first 3/4 of 2012 standards for example, so far this year.

So what you said was absolutely ridiculous. And I'm somebody that just said, 'No (to the question), she's got plenty of things to do, to get her act together', who's not yet convinced.

Nonetheless, I like some of the things I saw. And some of them, I hadn't seen all year. She's just got to build on them, from here. The rest is up to Petra and wacky team of misfits.
Excelscior is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,336
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
If you didn't see her do anything better THIS match (or somethings she hadn't done well at all), in numerous matches over at least the past 6 months, then--unfortunately you're either blind or pre-destined to a certain opinion of her. No offense/sorry.

If anything, one can argue some of the things she did/showed today (minus her serve), can bring her back to some level of consistency, not the opposite or current norm/standard.

Nonetheless, what you said was absolutely ridiculous. And I'm somebody that just said, 'No (to the question), she's got plenty of things to do, to get her act together'.
I like Petra.

We all know what she's capable of doing, and she showed that for a set and a half. Take the game in which she got broken at *34 in the second set. She was cruising until that point on serve and inexplicably missed five serves in a row for no reason which took her from 15-0 to 15-30 and a second serve.

She's still not as fit as she could be. She still makes bad errors and questionable decisions. She still goes on walkabouts. She was lucky against Petrova in the sense that Petrova has the capability to be even more streaky and more negative than Petra herself.

While some of this was promising, this match was no different than some of the other matches she's lost recently except the quality of opponent. She hasn't played a full match at even an keeled level, and I'm not talking flashy, world beating level, since early 2012.

And no, emoticons don't make you should any smarter.

And the dish ran away with the spoon..
but Hawaii was the only state that would recognize the marriage as legal.
FITD champ - brisbane 2014
Jane Lane is offline  
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:48 AM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,879
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

JarkaFish I'm sorry but you need to ban yourself for even thinking about creating this thread.

Unless it was meant to be a jinx, in that case award yourself a medal.
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 18,395
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Did you even see her today? Petra is as out of shape and slow as she has been since she started struggling. Nothing was different today. The only difference was today she was zoning and things were working great for a couple sets. The very nature of her game makes her predisposed towards random matches where all her shots are landing on the line and can beat anyone. This type of great play is not the same as the type of great play which took her to her Wimbledon title, because the latter was built off of improved fitness and point construction. The fitness being the main point. And until she gets that back then she will still be prone to struggles like she has been over the past year, with a very great matches sprinkled here and there.
dybbuk is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,336
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
Did you even see her today? Petra is as out of shape and slow as she has been since she started struggling. Nothing was different today. The only difference was today she was zoning and things were working great for a couple sets. The very nature of her game makes her predisposed towards random matches where all her shots are landing on the line and can beat anyone. This type of great play is not the same as the type of great play which took her to her Wimbledon title, because the latter was built off of improved fitness and point construction. The fitness being the main point. And until she gets that back then she will still be prone to struggles like she has been over the past year, with a very great matches sprinkled here and there.
All of this.

And the dish ran away with the spoon..
but Hawaii was the only state that would recognize the marriage as legal.
FITD champ - brisbane 2014
Jane Lane is offline  
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,798
                     
Re: The Return Cometh: Petra Kvitova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
I like Petra.

We all know what she's capable of doing, and she showed that for a set and a half. Take the game in which she got broken at *34 in the second set. She was cruising until that point on serve and inexplicably missed five serves in a row for no reason which took her from 15-0 to 15-30 and a second serve.

She's still not as fit as she could be. She still makes bad errors and questionable decisions. She still goes on walkabouts. She was lucky against Petrova in the sense that Petrova has the capability to be even more streaky and more negative than Petra herself.

While some of this was promising, this match was no different than some of the other matches she's lost recently except the quality of opponent. She hasn't played a full match at even an keeled level, and I'm not talking flashy, world beating level, since early 2012.

And no, emoticons don't make you should any smarter.
Good points/response overall. Cause on the whole, I felt the same way and agreed with your premise--right after the match ("promising, but no different"; just found a different way to lose). Agreed. And her serve, which let her down today (as the past 6 months), has historically been a very dependable weapon for Petra. The low first serve % and DF is a relatively new occurrence for her. And Petra has always won cheap points off her serve, and historically her second serve was/has been very dependable and effective, even though out a match. So that's been relatively new occurrence for her.

I didn't see a lot of high risk tennis from Petra through out the match off the ground. She was constructing her points very well. Yes, in the second set she went walk about for sure, with more errors and some wild misses. But that was just a lack of focus and execution. Usually, if/when Petra's playing well and she has a middle set like that, she shakes it off and rolls her opponent in the third. She almost did today.

You can't win six titles in one year (or 10 if that's the number) at this point of her career, by just being a wild swinger. That's a misnomer about Petra. When Petra wins tournaments, she can be both solid and spectacular simultaneously. The two are necessarily autonomous. That's the difference. Give her more credit than that.

Nonetheless, let's hope she made some strides for consistencies sake (cause her current team, sure ain't gonna help her find it, unfortunately)? She appears to be searching, to lost at times. We'll find out the next several months, won't we?

The emotives, were cause I felt you MEANT what you said--not only outright, but to a finite degree as well. I was shocked. That's why they're available. Made sense.

Last edited by Excelscior; Feb 16th, 2013 at 02:19 AM.
Excelscior is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Senior Member
 
Roookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 11,650
                     
Hype is back for a match she lost
Roookie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome