1) I defeated Venus Williams in a WTA Tour singles match this year, but did not win any WTA Tour singles titles.
2) I had a chance to win my first WTA Tour singles title, but lost the final match in a third-set tiebreak, 11-9.
3) I got quality points for beating #1, #2, and #3 at the same event.
4) In two consecutive WTA Tour ranking lists, I had points for being the defeated finalist in a WTA Tour event added to the rankings. (That is, being the beaten finalist in two different events that were added in consecutive ranking lists.)
5) I played a mixed doubles exhibition in front of thousands of people on the same day that I won a singles title.
6) I'm the Luckiest Loser on Tour -- twice I was a Lucky Loser in qualifying, and advanced to the semifinal of the main draw.
7) I defeated five players who ended the year in the Top 20 to win an event.
8) I won the longest tiebreak played in a WTA Tour match this year.
9) I defeated Swiss players in both the semifinal and final of the same event.
10) Amongst the scalps I took at slams this year are two sisters.
11) I'm the second highest-ranked player not to lose two sets in a match at a Slam this year.
12) (Two acceptable answers) I'm one of two players to defeat three players from the USA in the final four rounds of a WTA Tour event.
13) (Two players required) We're from the same country and each won a singles title this year. However, our country does not host any WTA Tour events.
Sweet as Belgian Chocolate, Bubbly as Champagne
"When you do your best, it's always good enough" - Kim Clijsters
"No matter what happens, you have to try to stay positive, bad things can happen, but if you try to stay positive, something positive will come out of it…I believe that everything happens for a reason" - Kim Clijsters
"Goed is de ergste vijand van zeer goed" - Pascal Smet
"Als je iemand idealiseert, verlies je het contact met de werkelijkheid"
"Ca s’apprend par la souffrance, ça s’apprend par les déceptions, ça s’apprend par la densité du mal que ça te fait, plus ça te fait mal et plus ça te fait grandir. Y a des moments où tu te dis je ne vais pas le supporter, ça, ça fait trop mal, et pourtant tu passes au travers."