I would either get rid of Fed Cup or have it just for a week at the end of the year or even every 2 years.
I think WTA is trying to schedule INT events on the Fed Cup weeks from 2014, but I don't think it's going to work. ITF will also not accept removal of Fed Cups or moved to end of year. They need to reach a compromise with ITF for those schedules to work.
WTA needs to fix so many things:
- Shortening season for top players squashing events all over the place
- Too many back to back events for top players killing the tournaments in between
- Trying to force combined events with ATP at opt for Saturday finals
- Commitment P700 should be a different category
- 125s in GS, IW, Miami week #2 and Fed Cup weeks?
Ranking points distribution
- It makes no sense to earn more points winning 1 round of an event and less for 2 rounds.
- Applicable for all Premier events.
- 125k ranking points distribution provides no incentive for players to play.
- 1 INT per half season for Top 10, no substitutes
- Top 11-50 WC for 125k while ITF events have no restrictions
- Top 50 cannot play 125k if can be directly accepted at a higher tier event
ranking can be used for Olympics (?!)
- Fed Cup earning no points
- P5 skipping policies
But we all know Stacey only cares about $$ from developed countries so none of these will get changed or fixed.