Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ShiftyFella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,755
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Both players played well.
More winners than UEs.
Petra hit couple of aces to save break points whereas Stefi served couple of DFs to get broken.
That was really the difference in the match.

Stats are wrong, she had 5DFs
ShiftyFella is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:45 PM
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 36,374
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Good stuff
saul1333 is offline  
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,272
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

KROTTTT !
Now lets hope this powderpuff draw allows Ludmilla to vulture another title.
NOT.

Can she crash out in the next round please, whining about how some pollen she picked up in Australia stuck to her outfit and gave her "breathing problems" ?
missvarsha is offline  
 
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 141
 
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvarsha View Post
KROTTTT !
Now lets hope this powderpuff draw allows Ludmilla to vulture another title.
NOT.

Can she crash out in the next round please, whining about how some pollen she picked up in Australia stuck to her outfit and gave her "breathing problems" ?
Talk about whining. Grow up.
naranka is offline  
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:49 PM
country flag LCS
Senior Member
 
LCS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,671
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuriePL View Post
She will fall out of top 10 soon.

-Oracle of the Radwanska-

..
Stop trying to make this happen. Troll.

Tennis Tipping
Singles
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline  
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
suckulentaces96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,274
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Voegele
suckulentaces96 is offline  
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 08:54 PM
👑 не думала, что ты такая жополизница
 
Northstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 40,129
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Only 3 aces on one of the fastest courts. Can her serve get any worse
Northstar is offline  
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Seems like a pretty mediocre performance overall from the Czech. Oh my.

Last edited by JarkaFish; Jan 30th, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
JarkaFish is offline  
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,851
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
Both players played well.
More winners than UEs.
Petra hit couple of aces to save break points whereas Stefi served couple of DFs to get broken.
That was really the difference in the match.

Stats looked nice, but a very unbalanced effort. Petra was up 4-0 in the first set and went to a tiebreaker. And she was up 3-0 during the 2nd, and ended up winning 6-3. So give Voegele credit, since Petra still had positive W/UE numbers.

Petra reminded me of 2011 Linz. There, she came in under similar circumstances (poor form, no answers, and brought a "friend" without her coach to "have fun"), where you could see she consciously wanted to slice, hit with more topspin, angles, volley and move forward again. She's trying to find herself and her lost game.

In comparison to Linz 2011, Petra played much better (she was horrible her first rd and very inconsistent during her 2nd rd then). However, Petra had a warm up match, playing doubles in Paris, where she played quite decent. Voegele played very hard today. Nonetheless, Petra should have won the first set much easier (though I didn't see it).

Not sure who she plays next, though I've heard Gadjasova (I know I spelled that wrong). Sorry.
Excelscior is offline  
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Deestruction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,256
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Petra please clean up your game in the next round.
Deestruction is offline  
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
Cindy and Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,261
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Stats looked nice, but a very unbalanced effort. Petra was up 4-0 in the first set and went to a tiebreaker. And she was up 3-0 during the 2nd, and ended up winning 6-3. So give Voegele credit, since Petra still had positive W/UE numbers.

Petra reminded me of 2011 Linz. There, she came in under similar circumstances (poor form, no answers, and brought a "friend" without her coach to "have fun"), where you could see she consciously wanted to slice, hit with more topspin, angles, volley and move forward again. She's trying to find herself and her lost game.

In comparison to Linz 2011, Petra played much better (she was horrible her first rd and very inconsistent during her 2nd rd then). However, Petra had a warm up match, playing doubles in Paris, where she played quite decent. Voegele played very hard today. Nonetheless, Petra should have won the first set much easier (though I didn't see it).

Not sure who she plays next, though I've heard Gadjasova (I know I spelled that wrong). Sorry.
If I am not wrong, I think she will probably play Wickmayer, who is playing very well, hitting the ball very hard and looking very fit too (she beat Pav today). If Petra plays no better than she did today, she won´t win this match.
Cindy and Kate is offline  
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,851
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
If I am not wrong, I think she will probably play Wickmayer, who is playing very well, hitting the ball very hard and looking very fit too (she beat Pav today). If Petra plays no better than she did today, she won´t win this match.
How sweet, since that was her double partner.

No time to rest then (based off what you're saying).

I didn't see all the Voegele match (especially the first set). However, I'll give her credit for making it harder for Petra by trying to run down every ball, some that you didn't think she'd get to. That could have something to do with it with Petra as well (she hopes). Another opponent, and Petra could have had 45 winners? Didn't see Wicky play at all. But just going off of their doubles play (Petra and Wicky), Petra should be okay--tennis wise. Of course, I can't speak for her brain and her heart (as she blew separate 4-0 and 3-0 set leads today).

We'll see?
Excelscior is offline  
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Cindy and Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 6,261
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
How sweet, since that was her double partner.

No time to rest then (based off what you're saying).

I didn't see all the Voegele match (especially the first set). However, I'll give her credit for making it harder for Petra by trying to run down every ball, some that you didn't think she'd get to. That could have something to do with it with Petra as well (she hopes). Another opponent, and Petra could have had 45 winners? Didn't see Wicky play at all. But just going off of their doubles play (Petra and Wicky), Petra should be okay.

We'll see?
Petra and Wickmayer play doubles together ???
It´s a thing of mine, but Wicky has always looked to me... well, a bit bitchy. I cannot picture them together.
Cindy and Kate is offline  
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Always and forever.
 
LefandePatty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 32,144
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Not sure who she plays next, though I've heard Gadjasova (I know I spelled that wrong). Sorry.
Gadjasova.
LefandePatty is offline  
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old Jan 30th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,851
                     
Re: Paris R2: [2/WC] Petra Kvitova def. Stefanie Voegele 7-6(5), 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCLESILAS View Post
Petra and Wickmayer play doubles together ???
It´s a thing of mine, but Wicky has always looked to me... well, a bit bitchy. I cannot picture them together.
Well, I'm not going to comment on herr like that. But let's just say, that you weren't the only one surprised (or held that attitude about Wicky).
Excelscior is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome