"WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga - Page 12 - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #166 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
None because of the high level of ATP.
Well sorry but im going to stick up for the ladies here who work just as hard as the men!!! Im sick of hearing men's tennis is better cos its best of 5 sets and men are stronger than women. Both false!! Just because men play best of 5 in slams doesn't mean the matches are better if anything half the time they get messy and are boring!! Best of 3 to me is so much better anyway. Also ladies tennis is much more exciting with longer rallies.

This men are stronger than women lark as well total rubbish!!! All what goes on in our bodies makes us the stronger sex by far if you ask me!!!!
Maria rocks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #167 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
What has majors to do with this?
Just saying.
Maria rocks is offline  
post #168 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 12:43 PM
Senior Member
 
August's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Finland
Posts: 1,566
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Well sorry but im going to stick up for the ladies here who work just as hard as the men!!! Im sick of hearing men's tennis is better cos its best of 5 sets and men are stronger than women. Both false!! Just because men play best of 5 in slams doesn't mean the matches are better if anything half the time they get messy and are boring!! Best of 3 to me is so much better anyway. Also ladies tennis is much more exciting with longer rallies.

This men are stronger than women lark as well total rubbish!!! All what goes on in our bodies makes us the stronger sex by far if you ask me!!!!
Lowest-ranked ATP player is #1976, lowest-ranked WTA player is #1157.

So it's obvious ATP has more depth, and that can be seen in the top 10. Plus Bo5 makes it more difficult to win a slam for men who are one step below the top.
August is offline  
post #169 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
Lowest-ranked ATP player is #1976, lowest-ranked WTA player is #1157.

So it's obvious ATP has more depth, and that can be seen in the top 10. Plus Bo5 makes it more difficult to win a slam for men who are one step below the top.
Doesn't mean men's tennis is better, or mean men are stronger than women.
Maria rocks is offline  
post #170 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:09 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,670
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
Well sorry but im going to stick up for the ladies here who work just as hard as the men!!! Im sick of hearing men's tennis is better cos its best of 5 sets and men are stronger than women. Both false!! Just because men play best of 5 in slams doesn't mean the matches are better if anything half the time they get messy and are boring!! Best of 3 to me is so much better anyway. Also ladies tennis is much more exciting with longer rallies.

This men are stronger than women lark as well total rubbish!!! All what goes on in our bodies makes us the stronger sex by far if you ask me!!!!


You are seriously deluded. Here are the facts of life, men are stronger than women, mens tennis is several times the quality of WTA and for God's sake woman, the rallies in ATP are FAR longer. Have you not watched a mens semi/final in the last 10 years? These guys play for so long they can hardly stand when its over.
Bronx19 is offline  
post #171 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx19 View Post


You are seriously deluded. Here are the facts of life, men are stronger than women, mens tennis is several times the quality of WTA and for God's sake woman, the rallies in ATP are FAR longer. Have you not watched a mens semi/final in the last 10 years? These guys play for so long they can hardly stand when its over.
So you believe just because a man's match goes on for 5 hours plus its better than a ladies match? Not true. Look i like both ladies and men's tennis but i don't feel men's is superior thats all. I like watching both and i feel both are entertaining or sometimes both not.
Maria rocks is offline  
post #172 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM
Senior Member
 
binky-GOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,871
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

The men play with more variety and spin, so mens tennis is better. If you doubt this then I am sorry but you don't know what tennis is.

Most WTA matches are shitfests. The top seeds shit all over the lower ranked players with bagels and breadsticks. While the middle ranked players have 3 set battles over who wants to lose the match more. Then finally when the top seeds meet in the finals, one of them has to go and have their periods or whatever and play like shit, so much for the build-up.

Very rarely do you get a high quality match on the womens tour. Stuttgart last year was good, but that's about it.
binky-GOAT is offline  
post #173 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asadinator View Post
The men play with more variety and spin, so mens tennis is better. If you doubt this then I am sorry but you don't know what tennis is.

Most WTA matches are shitfests. The top seeds shit all over the lower ranked players with bagels and breadsticks. While the middle ranked players have 3 set battles over who wants to lose the match more. Then finally when the top seeds meet in the finals, one of them has to go and have their periods or whatever and play like shit, so much for the build-up.

Very rarely do you get a high quality match on the womens tour. Stuttgart last year was good, but that's about it.
So if you think this what are you doing on a women's tennis forum? Just out of interest.
Maria rocks is offline  
post #174 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Senior Member
 
mauresmofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ireland
Posts: 11,988
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

He's right

Zvonareva, Vika, Hingis have all had massive meltdowns and that's just 3 that spring to mind.

RIP Elena Baltacha, thank you for dedicating your life to a sport we all love. You'll be missed but never forgotten.
mauresmofan is offline  
post #175 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 125
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria rocks View Post
So you believe just because a man's match goes on for 5 hours plus its better than a ladies match? Not true. Look i like both ladies and men's tennis but i don't feel men's is superior thats all. I like watching both and i feel both are entertaining or sometimes both not.
It's not very hard : men's tennis is superior to women's tennis because if a male player with a ranking plays any women player, she will win 6 games at best in a best of three match. Men have better technique, more power, more stamina, more speed, and yes, are on average steadier mentally. You might like to watch WTA better, doesn't change this.
Aariel is offline  
post #176 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 04:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Maria rocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,854
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aariel View Post
It's not very hard : men's tennis is superior to women's tennis because if a male player with a ranking plays any women player, she will win 6 games at best in a best of three match. Men have better technique, more power, more stamina, more speed, and yes, are on average steadier mentally. You might like to watch WTA better, doesn't change this.
You don't know this as a fact, and i doubt we will ever get to find out.
Maria rocks is offline  
post #177 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,670
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Pretty sure Serena got her arse kicked and she cant even beat her hitting partner.

There is no female player with the toughness of a Ferrer/Djokovic.
Bronx19 is offline  
post #178 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 09:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Jane Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NYC, USA
Posts: 18,323
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
He's right

Zvonareva, Vika, Hingis have all had massive meltdowns and that's just 3 that spring to mind.
[Mods please forgive the ATP but I have to make a point]

So have Janowicz:


Ferrer:


And Baghdatis:



Your point?

And the dish ran away with the spoon..
but Hawaii was the only state that would recognize the marriage as legal.
FITD champ - brisbane 2014
Jane Lane is offline  
post #179 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
JJ all the way's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Costa Rica
Posts: 2,799
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga


Sharapova & Pavlyuchenkova
JJ all the way is offline  
post #180 of 193 (permalink) Old Feb 1st, 2013, 10:47 PM
Senior Member
 
mauresmofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Ireland
Posts: 11,988
                     
Re: "WTA players are more unstable emotionally" - Tsonga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Lane View Post
[Mods please forgive the ATP but I have to make a point]

So have Janowicz:


Ferrer:


And Baghdatis:



Your point?
Oh I'm very much aware of those particular ATP moments and Jeff Tarango as well but there's absolutely no way the men are as volatile emotionally as the women ABSOLUTELY no way - Serena several times, Lisicki several times, Kournikova in Paris vs Novotna 1998, Venus Wimbledon also vs Novotna 1998. I haven't even started digging and trawling through footage this is all from memory. THAT'S MY POINT.

RIP Elena Baltacha, thank you for dedicating your life to a sport we all love. You'll be missed but never forgotten.
mauresmofan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome