DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
sweetadri06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,745
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
And they only play each other if they cant avoid it, Maria never plays an oz open warm up, Serena and Maria skip Dubai, Serena skips Stuttgart, Serena and Vika give walkovers at Rome, Serena and Vika tanked the Us open series Maria skipped it altogether, Serena skipped the Asian swing.
It's pretty funny that you say that when, Serena played Vika 5 times, Maria three times. Vika played Maria like 6 times. I don't know how you can claim they try to avoid each other. They usually met in the finals or semi finals of tournaments last year; and considering the rank that's about right where they should meet.

23
sweetadri06 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #227 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Lachy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 10,108
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
It's called doing her job. But I know that the whole concept of showing up at a tournament to play and not just do your PR spiel is somewhat unknown to Sharapova fans so you`re excused.
WOW. How nice of her. In fact, how nice of her to retire just moments before her match in front of a crowd full of people each of which spending $80 to well over $100 for a seat to see her play. It was all she could do to walk out there and hit a few balls to the crowd. Wow. Money well spent. Then she limped off for the cameras.

If the injury so called 'worsened' throughout this tournament, I don't see why on earth she would see fit to retire just moments before her match. It didn't just magically happen.

I'd take a PR spiel over blatant disrespect. Hope every single person in that crowd lost respect for her.

BIGBROTHER TF!
CLICK HERE!

Maria Sharapova
Vania King|Zarina Diyas
Lachy is offline  
post #228 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
moodin0931's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 15,351
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

moodin0931 is offline  
 
post #229 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Senior Member
 
Vikapower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,525
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Comparing Djokovic to Azarenka makes no sense.

Djokovic was always a great athlete with all the weapons and a fairly complete game.

Azarenka is a mediocre athlete with only one weapon and a game with various holes.
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - your just repeating a truth that brings nothing new in your argumentation, so your failed disambiguation is laughable.

Quote:
she is a player with limited capabilities (unlike for instance Petra)
This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers [including Petra]. Case closed.

Genie - Victoria - Kristina.
Vikapower is offline  
post #230 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
V.e.s.W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,441
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Chicken.

Venus Williams
Maria Sharapova
Tsvetana Pironkova
Daniela Hantuchova
Serena Williams
V.e.s.W is offline  
post #231 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
 
Cosmic Voices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15,094
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - so your failed disambiguation is laughable.



This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers. Case closed.

I cant
Cosmic Voices is offline  
post #232 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,492
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - your just repeating a truth that brings nothing new in your argumentation, so your failed disambiguation is laughable.



This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers [including Petra]. Case closed.
OK, Vikapower, keep deluding yourself. I'm not going to even bother.
JarkaFish is offline  
post #233 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 9,378
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Fighterpova is offline  
post #234 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
sammy01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 25,408
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
It's pretty funny that you say that when, Serena played Vika 5 times, Maria three times. Vika played Maria like 6 times. I don't know how you can claim they try to avoid each other. They usually met in the finals or semi finals of tournaments last year; and considering the rank that's about right where they should meet.
How many of those were outside of the slams/olympics/YEC? exactly they simply only play when they have to (the other meetings came at IW, Madrid and Beijing which are mandatory). The only time any of them met outside of a mandatory tournament was maria and vika at Stuttgart last year. So of the 16 non mandatory tournaments they played between them last year they managed to avoid each other all but once, that isn't a coincidence.

Anna Chakvetadze Rules

Kim Clijsters - Supporting the comeback!

I have no other faves, I just hate
sammy01 is offline  
post #235 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
NashaMasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 11,640
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

in 2005-2006 Djokovic was an 18 y.o teenager and men are maturing later than women, Azarenka is not a teenager for a century or two

Maria Sharapova
Career Grand Slam Winner
Wimbledon 2004 ~ US Open 2006 ~ Australian Open 2008 ~ French Open 2012 and 2014

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

35 WTA titles , including 14 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline  
post #236 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 13,356
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Why on earth would anyone have respect for Vika anyway. The retirement queen, who openly admits to playing and withdrawing from tournaments to avoid zero pointers and fines.

Vika maybe a good tennis player, but she does little to warrant respect. You are Maria fan isn't it enough that Vika has put injury/fatigue in everyone's minds as the reason she has lost to Maria twice last year.

Vika is basically all the bad traits that have crept into women's tennis over the last decade or so rolled into one foul attitude ridden player.
I wouldn't be that harsh but there is a lot of truth and the injury thing doesn't really hurt since even Maria doesn't pay attention to Vika's acts.
Extremely injured said it all and in YEC she said that everyone is tired by the end of the year but that some people show it more so it's all good.
doomsday is offline  
post #237 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
debby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,661
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikapower View Post
No and this unique word invalidates everything you said -- you clearly have not seen the Djokovic of 2005-2006 furthermore, he was known to be the biggest quitter of the ATP because of his recurrent mental/physical issues.

Second of all, if Djokovic has all the weapons then Victoria also has all the weapons because tennis-wise, there's nothing Djokovic does differently from Victoria. This comparison obviously would not work if it was Federer --

As for the rest, this is just a weak utilization of logic -- the Azarenka line is also true for every player. Indeed, every player has one major weapon and every player has various wholes in their games -- Djokovic for example, his major weapon is his backhand, his various wholes forehand, hand-skills etc. etc. - your just repeating a truth that brings nothing new in your argumentation, so your failed disambiguation is laughable.



This is the reason why the ranking reflects that fact. Wouldn't you consider that if a player had more capabilities then by consequence they would be ranked higher ? As Petra isn't ranked higher then you gotta accept the fact that Victoria does have greater capabilities than the rest of her peers [including Petra]. Case closed.
Ok then why were you bashing Caroline Wozniacki when she was #1 ?

Give back 2006 US Open to Justine

debby is offline  
post #238 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Back in April 2017
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 27,175
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
WOW. How nice of her. In fact, how nice of her to retire just moments before her match in front of a crowd full of people each of which spending $80 to well over $100 for a seat to see her play. It was all she could do to walk out there and hit a few balls to the crowd. Wow. Money well spent. Then she limped off for the cameras.

If the injury so called 'worsened' throughout this tournament, I don't see why on earth she would see fit to retire just moments before her match. It didn't just magically happen.

I'd take a PR spiel over blatant disrespect. Hope every single person in that crowd lost respect for her.
If anything it shows that she was hoping she could play until the very last second. As a paying customer I'd appreciate that.
Jimmie48 is offline  
post #239 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Senior Member
 
viktory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 605
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy01 View Post
Why on earth would anyone have respect for Vika anyway. The retirement queen, who openly admits to playing and withdrawing from tournaments to avoid zero pointers and fines.

Vika maybe a good tennis player, but she does little to warrant respect. You are Maria fan isn't it enough that Vika has put injury/fatigue in everyone's minds as the reason she has lost to Maria twice last year.

Vika is basically all the bad traits that have crept into women's tennis over the last decade or so rolled into one foul attitude ridden player.
well,i for one have respect for her. With all her rotten attitude and mediocre game she has been able to earn a name for herself, made her countrymen proud with olympic medals, even has managed to bother people who she doesn!t even know exists so much that they are spending hours on an internet forum hating on her. At least she has achieved way more than i will ever. So i think i am not in a position to disrespect her or any player in the tour for that matter.
viktory is offline  
post #240 of 625 (permalink) Old Jan 4th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
Cosmic Voices's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 15,094
                     
Re: DA-BOMB: Brisbane SF: Williams d. Azarenka wo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
If anything it shows that she was hoping she could play until the very last second. As a paying customer I'd appreciate that.
to the average paying tennis fan though, you'd be pretty pissed you didn't get to see Rena play on court tbh
Cosmic Voices is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome