Azarenka is going to flop this season: Flop #1 - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Senior Member
 
n1_and_uh_noone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,394
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

If it is so obvious, what is there to discuss?
n1_and_uh_noone is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Welcome1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 441
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

That humiliation of Hingis at the US Open 2007 when young Vika bageled and breadsticked her still hurts
Welcome1 is offline  
post #18 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Lucyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,309
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin. View Post
I don't think Ivanovic's fall from the top had anything to do with her build
Well I meant Ivanovic had the height, not in correlation to the argument.

Ana didn't have the same determination to stay at the top as Maria was my point.

wtatour.ru rsport.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv flashscore.com fromhot.com
Lucyxx is offline  
post #19 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 17,619
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by quenelle View Post
I doubt it. But if she does, I'll blame it all on Redfoo.
this.

Behind you one million percent Vicky D! You will prevail In Jesus Name. Amen.
21
oliviasmith is offline  
post #20 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Senior Member
 
MashaAzarenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,157
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

It's gonna be very tough for Vika to defend all those points up until Miami. But she is definitely not going to "flop" as you put it. She's so consistent now, she always brings a high level to her matches (for the most part, a couple upsets are bound to happen eventually.)

But anyway, I don't see Vika keeping her #1 ranking but she will no doubt stay in the top 3 all year long. & I think she will win one slam, probably the Australian.
MashaAzarenka is offline  
post #21 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Lucyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,309
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

I think with Serena and Maria playing their peak tennis, the French Open is Vika's best chance to win a 2013 slam IMO.

Even though all three of them are well capable of winning any of them.

wtatour.ru rsport.ru gotennis.ru e-tennis.tv tenistv.tv flashscore.com fromhot.com
Lucyxx is offline  
post #22 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:40 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MrProdigy555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,953
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyxx View Post
I think with Serena and Maria playing their peak tennis, the French Open is Vika's best chance to win a 2013 slam IMO.

Even though all three of them are well capable of winning any of them.
Nah, I still say AO is her best shot. That's where she plays her best tennis, imo.

*but I think I get what you're saying, being as the FO is so wide open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
I am THE original asshole! You mad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline  
post #23 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Senior Member
 
MashaAzarenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,157
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Nah, I still say AO is her best shot. That's where she plays her best tennis, imo.

*but I think I get what you're saying, being as the FO is so wide open.
I completely agree. If she's gonna win a slam this year, it'll have to be in Australia. Those courts best suit her game.

Her game isn't that great on clay, but like you said it's always wide open so you never know.
MashaAzarenka is offline  
post #24 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Senior Member
 
AcesHigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 10,199
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Why? She's better than everyone not named Serena Williams.

I always wanted to be somebody. If I made it, it's half because I was game enough to take a lot of punishment along the way and half because there were a lot of people who cared enough to help me.
-Althea Gibson


Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
When will you learn that "pushers" never make it past the club level, let alone #1 on the WTA computer? Will it be too late?
AcesHigh is offline  
post #25 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Senior Member
 
MashaAzarenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,157
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Even people who absolutely cannot stand Vika are smart enough to acknowledge the fact that she excels as a #1 and will more than likely not flop in 2013. So what I don't understand is why Smitten said it's "obvious" that she'll flop, when no one has agreed with him/her yet...
MashaAzarenka is offline  
post #26 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
MrProdigy555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,953
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcesHigh View Post
Why? She's better than everyone not named Serena Williams.
This. Though I put her and Maria even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Ivan. View Post
I am THE original asshole! You mad??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProdigy555 View Post
Don't make me come to T&T to huff and puff and blow your hut down, girl.
Fuck y'all
MrProdigy555 is offline  
post #27 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 39,486
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitten View Post
Discuss.
What exactly is your assertion based on?

Why do you think it is obvious?
Can you put forward your argument supporting this propositions?

__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XXI

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Jan 31. 2015
Next Update Date: Post 2015 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline  
post #28 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Senior Member
 
tennisbum79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Planet Venus
Posts: 39,486
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1_and_uh_noone View Post
If it is so obvious, what is there to discuss?
I am hoping Smitten forgot the rest of the opening post where s/he laid out arguments supporting the proposition in the thread title.

__________________________________
Venus Williams Grand Slam VII
Serena Williams Grand Slam XXI

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Jan 31. 2015
Next Update Date: Post 2015 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.
tennisbum79 is offline  
post #29 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Senior Member
 
viktory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 605
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashaAzarenka View Post
Even people who absolutely cannot stand Vika are smart enough to acknowledge the fact that she excels as a #1 and will more than likely not flop in 2013. So what I don't understand is why Smitten said it's "obvious" that she'll flop, when no one has agreed with him/her yet...
Because it is dead obvious that smitten is an obsessive hater of azarenka. Duh.
viktory is offline  
post #30 of 221 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Senior Member
 
MashaAzarenka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,157
                     
Re: It's dead obvious Azarenka is going to flop this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktory View Post
Because it is dead obvious that smitten is an obsessive hater of azarenka. Duh.
I have no problem with people who don't like Vika. I do, however, have a problem with people who hate her so much that they make absurd statements that can't possibly be backed up by facts. At least be reasonable.
MashaAzarenka is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Registration Image

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome