Re: Your Top 20 female players of 00s and 10s
Now it becomes more difficult ....
12) Ivanovic - Won 1 slam, #1, ranking, two other slam finals
13) Azarenka - Won 1 slam, #1, ranking, one other slam final
14) Li - Won 1 slam, one other slam finals
15) Schiavone - Won 1 slam, one other slam finals
16) Stosur - Won 1 slam, one other slam finals
17) Safina - #1, three slam finals
18) Wozniacki - #1, one slam finals
19) Myskina** - 1 slam, edges out Kvitova
20) Jankovic - #1, one slam finals, edges out Kvitova
Not quite ....
21) Majoli - She's younger than Davenport, so I think she desrves consideration, but only eight tournament wins, only won three tournaments in a year once in her career
22) Kvitova - She'll move up
* I know the criteria, but including Davenport and Capriati while leaving out Hingis is wierd. Also, Hingis was the third most accomplished overall player of the '79-'83 chort.
** Beneficiary of the Biggest Choke of All Time, but she was a top ten player and the first Russian woman to win a slam, so she deserves her props.
Proud to be an American
Not blind. Not uninformed. We are party to atrocities. But the response of the world after 9/11 is worth noting. Even our most dire enemies offered aid. We should all be so lucky.
Last edited by Volcana; Nov 14th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.