Roland Garros Tickets - TennisForum.com

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
.
 
Petkorazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 64,928
                     
Roland Garros Tickets

Sorry for making the thread here

I have a question to people who have bought RG tickets, I'm looking at going to Paris next year and i just found a really good flight deal. What im wondering is, i read the tickets are alloted by a lottery, are there chances of not getting tickets for the first three days? I am looking at getting Chatrier on Sunday (shouldnt Masha be on as defending champ? :scratch) and court 1 for monday and tuesday. I kinda remember here being a bunch of empty seats on chatrier on sundays

Thanks in advance, hope I made sense
Petkorazzi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Member of Rena's Army
 
Justin SW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 15,913
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

http://www.goaltickets.com/sports-ti...13-e60195.aspx

Bought my tickets there last year. Expensive but I didn't have any problems.

MEMBER OF RENA'S ARMY

Justin SW is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,655
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

No idea about the lottery/ballot thing but I do know that tickets go on public sale on the 13th of February from here: http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/uk but they do sell fast so it's important to be online and already have your account ready for the morning they go on sale
Mary Cherry. is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Back in 5+ Minutes
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26,030
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Cherry. View Post
No idea about the lottery/ballot thing but I do know that tickets go on public sale on the 13th of February from here: http://rolandgarros.fft-tickets.com/uk but they do sell fast so it's important to be online and already have your account ready for the morning they go on sale
I'll be ordering mine at 00:01, I really hope I do get some tickets for the show courts.
Jimmie48 is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
.
 
Petkorazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 64,928
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

^ Thanks that site doesn't say anything about a lottery, I was reading that somewhere, must have been an old post. So now it seems like they go on sale on an announced day and its on a first come first serve basis?
Petkorazzi is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,655
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
^ Thanks that site doesn't say anything about a lottery, I was reading that somewhere, must have been an old post. So now it seems like they go on sale on an announced day and its on a first come first serve basis?
Pretty much although I haven't bought tickets since 2010 so I imagine the demand will be much higher nowadays so I stress the importance of buying them literally as soon as they go on sale.
Mary Cherry. is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
.
 
Petkorazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 64,928
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Thanks again I'm hoping someone who attended this year will reply.
Petkorazzi is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Stanning for Andi
 
nevetssllim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,246
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
^ Thanks that site doesn't say anything about a lottery, I was reading that somewhere, must have been an old post. So now it seems like they go on sale on an announced day and its on a first come first serve basis?
Yes - pretty much. I've found they tend to sell out pretty quickly but even if you don't get them as soon as they go on sale, keep checking on viagogo.com (official ticket exchange partner of RG) and you're in with a very good chance of picking up tickets for the days you want to go. I went for three days this year and I was able to pick up ground passes for the two days I couldn't get through the RG website.

Hlavackova Benesova Strycova Williams Schiavone Pironkova Koukalova Shvedova Voskoboeva Riske Raymond Petrova Twitter

Sam Smith on Hlavackova
Quote:
"I will now call her LP Hlavackova - low percentage Hlavackova. I hope she doesn't drive a car the way she drives her groundstrokes!"
nevetssllim is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 92,468
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Sales open on 13th Feb, apparently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I'll be ordering mine at 00:01, I really hope I do get some tickets for the show courts.
Tickets will only be available at 9 or 10 am, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetssllim View Post
Yes - pretty much. I've found they tend to sell out pretty quickly but even if you don't get them as soon as they go on sale, keep checking on viagogo.com (official ticket exchange partner of RG) and you're in with a very good chance of picking up tickets for the days you want to go. I went for three days this year and I was able to pick up ground passes for the two days I couldn't get through the RG website.
This. These resale tickets usually cost about 10 to 20 euros more though, but if you're willing to pay...
silverwhite is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Back in 5+ Minutes
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26,030
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwhite View Post

Tickets will only be available at 9 or 10 am, I think
09:01 then

Guess this will be a stressful morning.
Jimmie48 is offline  
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
.
 
Petkorazzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 64,928
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

So, Silver, 99% I should be able to get the tickets I want either on the official website or viagogo right? guess ill be buying the plane ticket soon

Btw, I'll most likely be alone at the tennis so I'm willing to meet up with TFers
Petkorazzi is offline  
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Senior Member
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 92,468
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petkorazzi View Post
So, Silver, 99% I should be able to get the tickets I want either on the official website or viagogo right? guess ill be buying the plane ticket soon

Btw, I'll most likely be alone at the tennis so I'm willing to meet up with TFers
Yes, you should. If you use Viagogo though, make sure you monitor the website closely because tickets often get snapped up quickly
silverwhite is offline  
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 11:04 PM
country flag fnc
Senior Member
 
fnc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 272
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
09:01 then

Guess this will be a stressful morning.
This year tickets went on sale at 6am CET.

Tickets for Chatrier and Lenglen will sell out fairly fast, most of them will probably be gone around midday. Court 1 tickets and outside courts tickets will take longer to sell out, with the exception being the first Sunday those tickets will also sell out fast.

I also have good experiences with viagogo, bought and sold tickets through that site. The advantage is tickets are being resold at face value.
fnc is offline  
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 11th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Back in 5+ Minutes
 
Jimmie48's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 26,030
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
This year tickets went on sale at 6am CET.

Tickets for Chatrier and Lenglen will sell out fairly fast, most of them will probably be gone around midday. Court 1 tickets and outside courts tickets will take longer to sell out, with the exception being the first Sunday those tickets will also sell out fast.

I also have good experiences with viagogo, bought and sold tickets through that site. The advantage is tickets are being resold at face value.
I've pre-ordered several iPhones & iPads over the years so I'm used to rushing online orders

I'm looking to get tickets for the first week (something like Monday - Wednesday) and those should hopefully be easier to come by than for the later days.
Jimmie48 is offline  
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old Nov 12th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Senior Member
 
silverwhite's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 92,468
                     
Re: Roland Garros Tickets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnc View Post
This year tickets went on sale at 6am CET. .
Seriously?

It was 9 am two years ago, IIRC
silverwhite is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TennisForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome